BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-01-2023, 05:19 AM   #1
ZoranTerzic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f32 435i

Hi guys, picked up my 2021 X5 x30d a couple days ago from a country BMW dealer. It has 68,000kms (42,000 miles) on the clock. Previous owner used the car to commute between country towns.

The vehicle was advertised as a “BMW premium certified used vehicle” - in Australia it means, and I quote “All vehicles pass a 360-degree mechanical and safety check and come with verified service history, 6-month/10,000km service free period”

That said, I’ve checked the idrive system and it hasn’t missed a service - however the first oil change was at 58,000kms (36,000 miles), with a second oil change done when I picked it up at 68,000km!

To me this is absolutely crazy?! and I’m starting to second guess my purchase. I understand sensors and computers advise when the oil and oil filter services are due, but this to me seems far too long. I’m having to trust the vehicles systems and bmw techs over my thoughts.

FYI - The vehicle was first registered in February 2021, so previous owner traveled 68,000kms mostly highway driving.

What’re your thoughts here? Need some advice on what to think/do next.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0