BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-08-2024, 09:13 PM   #1
Tramsay7
Registered
Rep
Drives: f22 m240i

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just wanted to share my experience with the mission tuning m-link bench unlocker.

I haven’t seen a lot of posts regarding this product so I thought I’d leave a quick review for anyone thinking of giving it try! I am in no way sponsored by these guys but I cannot say enough good about them! If you need a bench unlock and don’t want to rip your ECU out this is the way to go (especially living in a small town in BC Canada where no shops near me will even touch the car). The device is super high quality and arrived very neatly packaged in a foam casing and box. Setup is as easy as it gets, disconnect the battery, unplug the ECU connections and plug in the M-Link device to the correct sockets, connect the m-link to a power source ($20 extra and they give you a power bank that fits perfectly on the device), then grab your phone/laptop and open up the local link (also found on their website instructions), from there you just follow the prompts and it took less than 3 minutes to fully complete the unlock. Plugged everything back in and started it up with no issue! In all it took less than 20 minutes to bench unlock my ECU in my garage.

There’s a few reasons why I went with these guys and I’m glad I did.

1. Mission tuning allows you to back up your ECU in case you need to recover the original programming.

2. No bulky alligator clips to connect to your battery, this was a big one for me because I hated the idea of directly plugging my ECU into the cars battery, the power pack makes a lot more sense.

3. The price, I was stuck between the mission m-link and the DME bench unlocker but after pricing the 2 out and comparing, the obvious choice was m-link, under $400 with the unlock license pre loaded and shipped to my door ready to go, while the DME unlocker tool requires you to not only buy the device but also a tuning license in order to unlock the ECU so it was almost double the price.

4. Customer service, I hadn’t heard much about mission tuning so I was a little skeptical at first but the guys at mission tuning are truly AMAZING. They were very quick to answer all my questions and made sure I was completely satisfied with their product. While Im still waiting on a response from DME almost a week later.

5. Ease of use, a very simple product that does exactly what it’s supposed to do, setup takes minutes and was extremely straight forward.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
RTPenland414.50
      Today, 12:37 PM   #2
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramsay7 View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with the mission tuning m-link bench unlocker.

I haven’t seen a lot of posts regarding this product so I thought I’d leave a quick review for anyone thinking of giving it try! I am in no way sponsored by these guys but I cannot say enough good about them! If you need a bench unlock and don’t want to rip your ECU out this is the way to go (especially living in a small town in BC Canada where no shops near me will even touch the car). The device is super high quality and arrived very neatly packaged in a foam casing and box. Setup is as easy as it gets, disconnect the battery, unplug the ECU connections and plug in the M-Link device to the correct sockets, connect the m-link to a power source ($20 extra and they give you a power bank that fits perfectly on the device), then grab your phone/laptop and open up the local link (also found on their website instructions), from there you just follow the prompts and it took less than 3 minutes to fully complete the unlock. Plugged everything back in and started it up with no issue! In all it took less than 20 minutes to bench unlock my ECU in my garage.

There’s a few reasons why I went with these guys and I’m glad I did.

1. Mission tuning allows you to back up your ECU in case you need to recover the original programming.

2. No bulky alligator clips to connect to your battery, this was a big one for me because I hated the idea of directly plugging my ECU into the cars battery, the power pack makes a lot more sense.

3. The price, I was stuck between the mission m-link and the DME bench unlocker but after pricing the 2 out and comparing, the obvious choice was m-link, under $400 with the unlock license pre loaded and shipped to my door ready to go, while the DME unlocker tool requires you to not only buy the device but also a tuning license in order to unlock the ECU so it was almost double the price.

4. Customer service, I hadn’t heard much about mission tuning so I was a little skeptical at first but the guys at mission tuning are truly AMAZING. They were very quick to answer all my questions and made sure I was completely satisfied with their product. While Im still waiting on a response from DME almost a week later.

5. Ease of use, a very simple product that does exactly what it’s supposed to do, setup takes minutes and was extremely straight forward.
Did you go Unlock or Super Unlock license? I went with the latter and have been extremely impressed with the functionality that it offers beyond a simple unlock although both do offer backup (in case anyone is wondering)

ps- I've been a big mission fan for a while and like you continue to be more than pleased (like over the moon pleased) with their products and service
Appreciate 0