BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #111
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Wir bitten um Entschuldigung dafür, dass sich unsere Antwort verzögert hat und wir Ihnen erst heute antworten.

Um Ihren BMW für BMW ConnectedDrive freischalten zu können, bitten wir Sie, das angehängte Legitimationsformular auszufüllen und zusammen mit einer Kopie der Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil 1 (Fahrzeugschein, Vorder- und Rückseite) per E-Mail oder Telefax an uns zurückzusenden.

Bitte senden Sie die Unterlagen per E-Mail an:

bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de < Caution-http://bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de >

Sobald uns die Dokumente vorliegen, fügen wir das genannte Fahrzeug Ihrem BMW ConnectedDrive Account mit der E-Mail-Adresse yourenail@gmail.com < Caution-mailto:youremail@gmail.com > hinzu.

Damit Sie sich einen Überblick über die allgemeinen Geschäfts- und Nutzungsbedingungen für BMW ConnectedDrive verschaffen können, senden wir Ihnen diese im Anhang dieser E-Mail.

Sollten Sie dazu Fragen haben, sind wir gern für Sie da.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihre BMW Kundenbetreuung

--
BMW Group
BMW Kundenbetreuung
80788 München

Postanschrift:
80788 München

Telefon: +49-89-1250-16010 Servicezeiten täglich 08:00 - 20:00 Uhr
Fax: +49-89-1250-16011
Mail: bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de < Caution-https://wht-pool--uatint.lightning.force.com/lightning/r/EmailTemplate/00X1w000000UZxiEAG/bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de >
Web: Caution-https://www.bmw.de < Caution-http://www.bmwgroup.com/ >
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 02:44 AM   #112
timmedic
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_xxxk View Post
how did the get the software? over the air update?
Mine was OTA
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #113
TomCat6065
Gear Head
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X2 M35i, 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Wir bitten um Entschuldigung dafür, dass sich unsere Antwort verzögert hat und wir Ihnen erst heute antworten.

Um Ihren BMW für BMW ConnectedDrive freischalten zu können, bitten wir Sie, das angehängte Legitimationsformular auszufüllen und zusammen mit einer Kopie der Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil 1 (Fahrzeugschein, Vorder- und Rückseite) per E-Mail oder Telefax an uns zurückzusenden.

Bitte senden Sie die Unterlagen per E-Mail an:

bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de < Caution-http://bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de >

Sobald uns die Dokumente vorliegen, fügen wir das genannte Fahrzeug Ihrem BMW ConnectedDrive Account mit der E-Mail-Adresse yourenail@gmail.com < Caution-mailto:youremail@gmail.com > hinzu.

Damit Sie sich einen Überblick über die allgemeinen Geschäfts- und Nutzungsbedingungen für BMW ConnectedDrive verschaffen können, senden wir Ihnen diese im Anhang dieser E-Mail.

Sollten Sie dazu Fragen haben, sind wir gern für Sie da.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihre BMW Kundenbetreuung

--
BMW Group
BMW Kundenbetreuung
80788 München

Postanschrift:
80788 München

Telefon: +49-89-1250-16010 Servicezeiten täglich 08:00 - 20:00 Uhr
Fax: +49-89-1250-16011
Mail: bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de < Caution-https://wht-pool--uatint.lightning.force.com/lightning/r/EmailTemplate/00X1w000000UZxiEAG/bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de >
Web: Caution-https://www.bmw.de < Caution-http://www.bmwgroup.com/ >
This is great info, and will benefit many. Thank you for taking the time to share the verbiage for the messsge...huge plus.
2021 X5 M50i, Carbon Black, Ext Coffee Merino interior, 21" Y Spoke wheels, Matte Poplar woodgrain trim. Adaptive M-Susp, DHP, Exec Package, Park Assist Plus, Driving Assist Pro, Traffic Jam Assist, Heated/Ventilated seats/armrests, Alacantara headliner, Increased speed limiter.
My wife drives a 2020 X2 M35i.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 08:00 AM   #114
JJRX5
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Picked up my X5 a couple days ago. She is an absolute beauty. I submitted the paperwork to connected drive de. I imagine it will take a few days to get a response. As expected I currently only have basic phone connectivity and German Maps. I will let you all know if I have any luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #115
mcd004
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

So I think I just hit a wall...

I sent CD DE the documentation (for the second time now) and a week later I received a response. To my surprise, the response this time came from "BMW Customer Care International Direct and Special Sales", probably cause CD DE team forwarded my email request to them instead. Here's the response:

"Dear Mr M,

Thank you for your patience waiting for our response.
As you know, US spec vehicles are developed, tested and homologated for the use in the United States of America. While operated in the United States all functions work 100% as intended to.
When using a US spec vehicle abroad this cannot be guaranteed, as this was not considered as a use case when developing ConnectedDrive functionalities for US spec vehicles.
It can be observed that in some cases single functions are working also in a roaming situation, when the vehicle is operated outside the US. The services are dependent on the cellular network and the possibility of connection to the backend/mapping. Depending on the country the vehicle is being operated in, the services may or may not work.
This is the reason why our customers are obliged to sign a disclaimer informing them, that the functionalities of ConnectedDrive Services and related functions may not be supported outside the US.
We kindly ask you for understanding that we won´t be able to activate your CD services in Germany now.
In parallel, our technical team is of course seeking better technical solutions. If there would be any progress we will inform you accordingly.
Yours sincerely,

BMW Group
Customer Care International Direct and Special Sales
Phone: +49 89 382-19999*
Email: customercare.icds@bmw.com
Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (Central European Time +1)"
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 12:37 AM   #116
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd004 View Post

I sent CD DE the documentation (for the second time now) and a week later I received a response. To my surprise, the response this time came from "BMW Customer Care International Direct and Special Sales", probably cause CD DE team forwarded my email request to them instead. Here's the response:

"Dear Mr M,

As you know, US spec vehicles are developed, tested and homologated for the use in the United States of America. While operated in the United States all functions work 100% as intended to.
When using a US spec vehicle abroad this cannot be guaranteed, as this was not considered as a use case when developing ConnectedDrive functionalities for US spec vehicles.
It can be observed that in some cases single functions are working also in a roaming situation, when the vehicle is operated outside the US. The services are dependent on the cellular network and the possibility of connection to the backend/mapping. Depending on the country the vehicle is being operated in, the services may or may not work.
This is the reason why our customers are obliged to sign a disclaimer informing them, that the functionalities of ConnectedDrive Services and related functions may not be supported outside the US.
We kindly ask you for understanding that we won´t be able to activate your CD services in Germany now.
In parallel, our technical team is of course seeking better technical solutions. If there would be any progress we will inform you accordingly.
Yours sincerely,

BMW Group
Is AC considered CD services...………?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 02:45 AM   #117
JJRX5
Rep

Well I have received zero response thus far. It doesn’t look like BMW customer service wants to play ball. It is strange that some people seemed to have figured out a work around. I would have thought that this should be a reasonably replicable process considering the vehicle components and network architecture are the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 02:54 AM   #118
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd004 View Post

"Dear Mr M,

Yours sincerely,

BMW Group
I think I got that same email. I trying to get mine to work in Korea.
Attached Images

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:08 AM   #119
JJRX5
Rep

I have to say that I would happily swap out hardware if that is what it takes. This seems like an unnecessarily convoluted process.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:47 PM   #120
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
I have to say that I would happily swap out hardware if that is what it takes. This seems like an unnecessarily convoluted process.
I'm at the point to just give up. If there a coding option to get my CarPlay working then I'll do that, but I'm just done with this.

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      12-03-2020, 11:50 PM   #121
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
Do you know what needs to be swapped out?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 06:18 AM   #122
JJRX5
Rep

Quote:
Do you know what needs to be swapped out?
My best guess is the telematics unit, but I suspect this is a problem with the way BMW has set up their comms architecture. The telematics unit probably has most of not all the bands needed for worldwide coverage, but BMW “probably” has contracts with individual countries phone providers. My guess is that those members on this board that have managed to get it working did so because a BMW engineer modified their account to communicate with BMWs network using a roaming profile. It’s probably a pain in the ass and may mean extra expense for BMW. It is easier for them to just say it cant be done and to remind the buyer that they signed a waiver. Such is life I guess.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 01:34 AM   #123
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

I don't think it's a telematics unit issue, it should work for every country. I think it's just the "coding" that may change between countries to get it to work - although it seems that it works for several people on here without having to physically do anything to the car.
      12-11-2020, 04:05 PM   #124
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
I don't think it's a telematics unit issue, it should work for every country. I think it's just the "coding" that may change between countries to get it to work - although it seems that it works for several people on here without having to physically do anything to the car.
I really wish we knew more about the inner workings of the telematics unit. If the internals are the same and have the capability, then it must be some type of region lock/build code restrictions.

I just want my nearly 60k car to have maps and Android Auto, not much to ask. Honestly I could do with just AA.
F87 M2

G20 330i
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 04:03 AM   #125
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6bullet View Post
I really wish we knew more about the inner workings of the telematics unit. If the internals are the same and have the capability, then it must be some type of region lock/build code restrictions.

I just want my nearly 60k car to have maps and Android Auto, not much to ask. Honestly I could do with just AA.
I'm working with a coder tomorrow to get CarPlay, which has been blocked since I've been unable to connect "to the cloud", I'll report back how that goes...
      12-13-2020, 05:16 AM   #126
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

So for me, ConnectedDrive activation here in Korea is not an option at this moment in time - so I worked with kubax86 and he got CarPlay to work for me at least. Feel free to reach out to him if you don't want to go through the headache of getting Euro maps to work and instead are fine with CarPlay. It only takes about 15 minutes to get working.

Best part is he's in the Euro time zone so timing should be pretty flexible! Just another option for us US spec folks located in different countries.
      12-14-2020, 07:37 AM   #127
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So for me, ConnectedDrive activation here in Korea is not an option at this moment in time - so I worked with kubax86 and he got CarPlay to work for me at least. Feel free to reach out to him if you don't want to go through the headache of getting Euro maps to work and instead are fine with CarPlay. It only takes about 15 minutes to get working.

Best part is he's in the Euro time zone so timing should be pretty flexible! Just another option for us US spec folks located in different countries.
That's awesome. kubax86 I'm getting my vehicle this week and I'm in South Korea as well. Can you help me to get AC loaded? Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #128
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
That's awesome. kubax86 I'm getting my vehicle this week and I'm in South Korea as well. Can you help me to get AC loaded? Thank you in advance.
Nice! Where are you located? I'm in area III.
      12-14-2020, 07:14 PM   #129
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #130
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nice! Where are you located? I'm in area III.
Same here. The dealer said ac won't work, but you just gave me a hope 😃
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 08:01 PM   #131
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
I also sent the dealer (Soo) a picture and he was so surprised... I gave him kubax86 's contact information so he can provide it to customers as an option for CarPlay.

Also I'll mention it's full screen carplay... which is MUCH better than what comes with the car normally.
      12-15-2020, 08:22 AM   #132
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
CarPlay is possible to activate on all cars no matter which region.
Appreciate 0