BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
Johnjojoj
Kinda of a CrAzY person
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw x5 xdrive35i

Bought a new BMW, and need to ship it

Hi every one, since my BMW a little bit old, and I can allowed myself to spend some money on a new car, decided to buy a new X5 from my friend cos he moving to Japan, car was bought 4 month ago, so it's actually new. The olny problem that car is in NY, so I need to ship it to Los angeles, can you recommend some trasted guys. Becouse last time company I used f*cked my brain with their cancelling drivers and changing prices.
So pls recommend some nice guys, or maybe some tips cos it's second time I am going to use car shipping, and wanna avoid headache.
Thanks for all your advices.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
SemSav
Just a crazy man
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

probable you can avoid some haedache at the very begining not providing brokers with your phone number, but it's useful only if geting quotes from several companies, about nice company to use I am not an expert in this, but can recommenr you to check some tops of car shipping companies like this one, and check reviews after it, my shipping experience mostly was good so I think everything will be ok. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #3
BHCJJS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 G05 x40i M Sport, '04 E46

Definitely agree with SemSav.

Another alternative, and potentially saving you more than half the cost of shipping, is for you to fly out there and take a road trip back to LA. yea, it'll probably take about 7 days with about 6 hours of driving a day, and you're gonna put about 2,800 miles on the new car just from the drive, but you could make it fun. Take a friend, see the sights, go camping (or stay in nice hotels; whatever floats your boat), and get to know the car enroute. I would just recommend a front bra or bug guard to prevent getting the the paint chipped from bugs and rocks. Also, unsure if the X5 only has summer tires, all season, or winters on them, but you have to consider that too... Because unlike LA in the west coast.... Winter is coming, if not already here with snow on the ground on the route back. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 11:57 PM   #4
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnjojoj View Post
Hi every one, since my BMW a little bit old, and I can allowed myself to spend some money on a new car, decided to buy a new X5 from my friend cos he moving to Japan, car was bought 4 month ago, so it's actually new. The olny problem that car is in NY, so I need to ship it to Los angeles, can you recommend some trasted guys. Becouse last time company I used f*cked my brain with their cancelling drivers and changing prices.
So pls recommend some nice guys, or maybe some tips cos it's second time I am going to use car shipping, and wanna avoid headache.
Thanks for all your advices.
if you love your new X5, fuck the brokers and call intercitylines. They use enclosed trucking so your precious cargo is always protected from road debris, snow, rain etc. They are on the expensive side but they are trusted and A+.

https://intercitylines.com/

I have personally used them back in 2014 when shipped brand new X5 x35i from NY to Seattle. Look up my old thread to see the truck picture delivering X5.

Last edited by leasehackr; 11-11-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
Johnjojoj
Kinda of a CrAzY person
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw x5 xdrive35i

Thanks for your advices, ofcourse I am gonna use enclosed trailer, and
probably I will go with intercitylights, but also get quotes from some companies in SemSav's article, just to compare them.
Appreciate 0