Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
On my 2200 mile road trip, I would turn the music off while my wife drove just to listen for any noises. I can’t even tolerate my luggage rattling. The only noise I found was when my kids put their USB C adapter in the rear armrest and it rattled around against the plastic lining. I had them put it in one of the rubber lined pockets under the rear climate controls. I am going to put down a black felt lining inside the rear armrest when it warms up. Trunk privacy shades always make noise and have to be removed ASAP at the time of deliverer. I won’t even stow the privacy shade in the vehicle under the rear floor just in-case it rattles.
I lined the storage area with more felt, no rattles from it at all when stowed. I recommend buying some on Amazon it helps with tons of things
What all did you exactly lined in storage area?

The dealer's technician drove the car just now and agrees that is where the rattle is coming from. The suspect the spring of the cargo cover push button is loose. They will replace that entire unit on right side. They've ordered from factory in SC and will let me know when it's here.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #24
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustX5 View Post

The dealer's technician drove the car just now and agrees that is where the rattle is coming from. The suspect the spring of the cargo cover push button is loose. They will replace that entire unit on right side. They've ordered from factory in SC and will let me know when it's here.
The new one might do the same but it’s worth a shot.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #25
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
On my 2200 mile road trip, I would turn the music off while my wife drove just to listen for any noises. I can't even tolerate my luggage rattling. The only noise I found was when my kids put their USB C adapter in the rear armrest and it rattled around against the plastic lining. I had them put it in one of the rubber lined pockets under the rear climate controls. I am going to put down a black felt lining inside the rear armrest when it warms up. Trunk privacy shades always make noise and have to be removed ASAP at the time of deliverer. I won't even stow the privacy shade in the vehicle under the rear floor just in-case it rattles.
I lined the storage area with more felt, no rattles from it at all when stowed. I recommend buying some on Amazon it helps with tons of things

I didn't do it on this car yet aside from where the cargo cover stores. I'll take some pictures of where I put the felt
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #26
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Did you see the BMW roundel cupholders liners? I thought about these for the bottom of each doors water bottle holders. I always keep 4 bottles of fresh water in the vehicle. The ambient door pocket lights look cool with the right bottle of water in there.

https://www.amazon.com/Pair-Coasters...60-spons&psc=1
in the front ones? No. because the bottoms of those are also heated + cooled so it would defeat the purpose. I could see using them in the door pockets as mentioned
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #27
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
in the front ones? No. because the bottoms of those are also heated + cooled so it would defeat the purpose. I could see using them in the door pockets as mentioned
Door pockets. They are perfect for water bottles.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #28
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I throw my Yeti in there usually, and yes they're sufficiently large which is awesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 10:21 PM   #29
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
This one is 26oz and pretty large as you can see. The door pockets swallow it (pun intended)

also see pic of where I put the felt tape
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
sygazelle11095.50
MystroX56244.50
      03-12-2019, 06:55 AM   #30
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
I always keep 4 bottles of fresh water in the vehicle. The ambient door pocket lights look cool with the right bottle of water in there.
I'm extremely detail oriented with my cars, but even I draw the line on accessorizing them with water bottles
      11-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #31
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

2019 G05 X5 with a rattle/rumble/knock from the right rear at low speed/over uneven road.

Looked around whole entire truck and couldn’t find anything loose whatsoever at all.

Knocking on the panels doesn’t even result in anything loose sounding from within.

Wrapped the right rear seat back latch with electrical tape and secured the right rear seatback de-latch button by wedging thin cardboard into the edge of same.

Any updates anyone? Is there a fix for this yet?

What's weird is that it can sort of be heard just by starting up the truck in very cold weather, without even moving / being in motion yet; just by starting it up.

Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 04:18 PM   #32
bqvalen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05, 2016 F15, 2019 XC60

I think I found the source of my creak. The hatch glass!
When I press gently on the glass from the inside out, I can easily replicate but only on the passenger side.

I'm going to schedule an appointment to take it in and will reply back when I know the fix. I assume they will have to remove the glass and reseat it, probably a one use item and I'll get new glass.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 07:58 PM   #33
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqvalen View Post
I think I found the source of my creak. The hatch glass!
When I press gently on the glass from the inside out, I can easily replicate but only on the passenger side.

I'm going to schedule an appointment to take it in and will reply back when I know the fix. I assume they will have to remove the glass and reseat it, probably a one use item and I'll get new glass.
Let me know how this goes for you. I think I have the same issue
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 08:40 AM   #34
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

ive got a similar rattle i hear on uneven roads and im suspecting it maybe the tailgate?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #35
radmjk
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2020 RRS SE, 201

Garage List
Some of you have read my post regarding the rear passenger area creaking which seems to originate from beneath the rear bench seat. My vehicle was at the dealer for 28 days, and I just got it back a few weeks ago. It was good on my drive home and I was elated. It seemed to be good for another day or two. But as things typically go, it returned to its full creaking symphony which occurs when accelerating or braking and with body flex. The slower I accelerate the more pronounced the creak is because it is more drawn out. They supposedly fixed some bad welds? But i think maybe they just used some duct tape on the panels as it didn't hold up. I have another appointment in a couple weeks. Hopefully it'll get fixed permanently and within no more than a few days...

Best of luck for all those out there with this issue. I posted my service invoice on my thread regarding this issue if anyone is interested.
2017 BMW 530i xDrive Black
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i Jet Black
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #36
Tokke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
Some of you have read my post regarding the rear passenger area creaking which seems to originate from beneath the rear bench seat. My vehicle was at the dealer for 28 days, and I just got it back a few weeks ago. It was good on my drive home and I was elated. It seemed to be good for another day or two. But as things typically go, it returned to its full creaking symphony which occurs when accelerating or braking and with body flex. The slower I accelerate the more pronounced the creak is because it is more drawn out. They supposedly fixed some bad welds? But i think maybe they just used some duct tape on the panels as it didn't hold up. I have another appointment in a couple weeks. Hopefully it'll get fixed permanently and within no more than a few days...

Best of luck for all those out there with this issue. I posted my service invoice on my thread regarding this issue if anyone is interested.
Does your car have shadowline trim? If had a lot of interior creaks in my g01 that is was convinced of that they were coming from plastic trim in the interior. I spent a lot of time trying to silence it with no succes. After further investigation I realized that the shadowline trim also is a source of cabin noise from places were the trim is in contact with rubber seals or different pieces of shadowline trim. I gave the rubbers some gummipflege treatment combined with a silicone spray tour. My car has been silent for 2 days
I hope now it stays like this...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 03:14 PM   #37
radmjk
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokke View Post
Does your car have shadowline trim? If had a lot of interior creaks in my g01 that is was convinced of that they were coming from plastic trim in the interior. I spent a lot of time trying to silence it with no succes. After further investigation I realized that the shadowline trim also is a source of cabin noise from places were the trim is in contact with rubber seals or different pieces of shadowline trim. I gave the rubbers some gummipflege treatment combined with a silicone spray tour. My car has been silent for 2 days
I hope now it stays like this...
Nope, I don't have the shadowline trim. Glad you got your car silenced!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #38
sankeerth
Registered
India
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

rattle and creaks from the boot of my BMW X5 (G05)

I have been facing an irritating problem from my new BMW X5, i have only completed 1300km and have an irritating creaking sound and rattle from the boot while driving at low speed and over small bumps.

any suggestions on how to fix this issue!? Please help!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 02:01 PM   #39
radmjk
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankeerth View Post
I have been facing an irritating problem from my new BMW X5, i have only completed 1300km and have an irritating creaking sound and rattle from the boot while driving at low speed and over small bumps.

any suggestions on how to fix this issue!? Please help!
You may have the same issue I had, or maybe not. Mine was from rear passenger side seat area which occurred mostly at start of acceleration but also with body flex and braking. There were bad welds under the seat bench from what I understand. Took nearly 2 months at the dealer and bodyshop for them to fix, but finally did get to the root cause and correct. Finally! I never did receive the service paperwork for the final fix as Coronavirus shut everything down. You may be able to direct your service people in this direction if you believe this is the issue you are experiencing.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 01:30 PM   #40
sankeerth
Registered
India
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Thank you soo much for the information! hope BMW service can figure it asap
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 12:56 PM   #41
jamespscott
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

X5 Tailgate Creaking Noise

Hi everyone,

I have a creaking noise on my BMW X5 G05. Picked it up last week with 8,000 miles on the clock and within a week of ownership, the noise began. The noise is in the tailgate and happens when I drive over bumps, drive up or down hills, accelerate, decelerate and anytime the car flexes.

I had the same issue with my X5 F15 which I had in the dealership 9 times for. Sometimes they couldn't hear it but most times they applied a fix which lasted a week or two. Sometimes they had to order parts in. When the warranty expired and they started charging me for the work I got rid of it and bought a G05. I can't believe the noise is back.

I had no idea this is such a common issue in many different models of BMW old and new. Anyway, I've managed to resolve the noise in my G05. I've adjusted the boot stops - I'm not sure if that is what they are called but they are rubber stops that can be adjusted back and forth to make sure the top tailgate sits in the correct position. I initially started following a video on YouTube where a guy places a strip of paper on the boot stop and closes the tailgate. If the paper can be pulled out without ripping and with some resistance, then the noise should disappear - this only helped reduced the noise for me not get rid. In actual fact, it needed to be adjusted until the paper ripped.

This process helped me actually identify the noise from the outside of the car and adjust the boot stops to the correct position to eliminate the nose. With the tailgate closed, I pushed down on the tailgate underneath where the glass meets the bodywork above the rear lights, which made the creaking noise. I then adjusted the boot stop for each side, closed the tailgate and pushed down on the same points to check the noise level. I repeated this until I could no longer hear the creaking noise, then I took it for a drive and the noise was gone.

I think I will have to do a video demonstrating the process.
Appreciate 3
      04-30-2021, 05:30 PM   #42
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Sometimes, the rubber bump stops are actually installed with a coarse thread, so you can adjust the pressure by turning them...that may be all it would take. If it's rubber on metal, there are conditioners you can put on the rubber components which does two things, helps to preserve it while keeping it nice and black, and lets it slide a little without noises.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 01:36 AM   #43
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_CC View Post
Quote:
Are you going to take it to your dealer? Let me know what you find
I already did. "Could not reproduce," which is what I expected

While it was in the shop for that and they bricked it with a software update, I was given an X2, then X3, then G05 X5 loaner. All three had rattles, so I just now assume it's par for the course in a BMW. My old Audi had zero, even after six years and with rough low profile tires
My experience as well. There is definitely more creaking of plastic and small rattles in BMW compared to all other cars I have owned - Japanese or German. I guess there are pros and cons. I have owned 10 cars overall with 2 being BMWs….
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 06:57 AM   #44
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I would like to see that video. I have a noise somewhere in the cabin as well. It's kind of hard to pinpoint the source location as car acoustics are notorious for being misleading. It seems to be more on the passenger side, towards the rear...somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespscott View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a creaking noise on my BMW X5 G05. Picked it up last week with 8,000 miles on the clock and within a week of ownership, the noise began. The noise is in the tailgate and happens when I drive over bumps, drive up or down hills, accelerate, decelerate and anytime the car flexes.

I had the same issue with my X5 F15 which I had in the dealership 9 times for. Sometimes they couldn't hear it but most times they applied a fix which lasted a week or two. Sometimes they had to order parts in. When the warranty expired and they started charging me for the work I got rid of it and bought a G05. I can't believe the noise is back.

I had no idea this is such a common issue in many different models of BMW old and new. Anyway, I've managed to resolve the noise in my G05. I've adjusted the boot stops - I'm not sure if that is what they are called but they are rubber stops that can be adjusted back and forth to make sure the top tailgate sits in the correct position. I initially started following a video on YouTube where a guy places a strip of paper on the boot stop and closes the tailgate. If the paper can be pulled out without ripping and with some resistance, then the noise should disappear - this only helped reduced the noise for me not get rid. In actual fact, it needed to be adjusted until the paper ripped.

This process helped me actually identify the noise from the outside of the car and adjust the boot stops to the correct position to eliminate the nose. With the tailgate closed, I pushed down on the tailgate underneath where the glass meets the bodywork above the rear lights, which made the creaking noise. I then adjusted the boot stop for each side, closed the tailgate and pushed down on the same points to check the noise level. I repeated this until I could no longer hear the creaking noise, then I took it for a drive and the noise was gone.

I think I will have to do a video demonstrating the process.
Appreciate 0