BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-30-2021, 10:08 PM   #1
cn1028
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Has anyone experienced their alarm going off randomly?
Went to check the first time and nothing was wrong. The second time, I opened the door and started the car. Nothing appeared on the dash.
By the third time I even opened the hood but that didn't fix the problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 12:02 AM   #2
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Complete guess, of course, but do you have something plugged in or attached to power somewhere that is not powering down correctly after the car is locked?

For only an example, MHD Black WiFi OBDII interface when left plugged in into the car's OBD port doesn't power down to low current state properly and causes Gxx alarm to trigger a few minutes after locking due to detected parasitic current load. Maybe you have something like that going on.
      07-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #3
cn1028
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Complete guess, of course, but do you have something plugged in or attached to power somewhere that is not powering down correctly after the car is locked?

For only an example, MHD Black WiFi OBDII interface when left plugged in into the car's OBD port doesn't power down to low current state properly and causes Gxx alarm to trigger a few minutes after locking due to detected parasitic current load. Maybe you have something like that going on.
No I don't.
I was able to schedule an appointment for tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 04:49 PM   #4
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post

Exactly same was with mine MHD black adapter was left in OBD2 and car was randomly alarming
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 01:45 PM   #5
Protocol_10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX M60

This probably isn't the case for you, but my alarm has gone off because the keys were in my pocket & my thigh pressed the alarm button. Happened to me a couple of times, so now I put my keys in the cupholder )

I hope the service dept is able to fix this for you
Appreciate 0