BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Have you considered or are you ordering the 2020 X6? Wanna get your thoughts?

I currently have a leased 17 X6 50i Black Sapphire Metallic w/ Black 20"M light alloy wheels. My lease ends June 2020- she's dirty.

I plane to pre-order around Jan/Feb 2020. Im focusing on a 2020 X6 M50i (I miss the Black Sapphire Metallic), and I want to include the Illuminated Grille but I'm trying to decide the paint color that the Cerium Grey would contrast best with.

Has anyone ordered an X6 M50i yet?

If so, share your build and time frame of delivery?

Also, are you paying to have your vehicle shipped from the factory to the dealership, or will you take delivery at the factory to save?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstm31993 View Post
Also, are you paying to have your vehicle shipped from the factory to the dealership, or will you take delivery at the factory to save?
On the BMW's we have purchased (no PDC) there never has been a "delivery" charge. There has been a destination charge though, which you will still have to pay even if you do PDC. You may be able to negotiate with your dealer about the destination charge.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/faq...till-apply%3F-
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2024, Mustang MACH 1

I like the all black combo on your current F16, if you want to go with the similar set up, the Black Sapphire metallic will be available as of December 2019...so just in time for you to consider it. There are also the jet black 22" wheels available and so is the extended shadow line package with blacked out grille and exhaust tips. You can't mix it with the illuminated grille option though
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #4
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Quote:
On the BMW's we have purchased (no PDC) there never has been a "delivery" charge. There has been a destination charge though, which you will still have to pay even if you do PDC. You may be able to negotiate with your dealer about the destination charge.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/faq...till-apply%3F-
Thanks for the feedback...just to clarify I was mentioning the charge for shipping the X6 back to the dealership from the performance center in Greenville, SC should I choose not to do the performance center delivery. I was told I avoid the shipping fee if I take delivery at the performance center. Also, what does (PDC) mean?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #5
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscross View Post
I like the all black combo on your current F16, if you want to go with the similar set up, the Black Sapphire metallic will be available as of December 2019...so just in time for you to consider it. There are also the jet black 22" wheels available and so is the extended shadow line package with blacked out grille and exhaust tips. You can't mix it with the illuminated grille option though
Thanks for the update on the paint color- I really like the sapphire metallic black with the black wheels. I never thought that would be an option again. So will that be an update to the color options or the dealership will be able to add that color?
Also, I'll have to think hard about not getting the illuminated grille🤔 It would be nice if it was an option to illuminated an all black grille.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback...just to clarify I was mentioning the charge for shipping the X6 back to the dealership from the performance center in Greenville, SC should I choose not to do the performance center delivery. I was told I avoid the shipping fee if I take delivery at the performance center. Also, what does (PDC) mean?

Thanks
Sorry PDC was supposed to be PCD , Performance Center Delivery.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that you choose to do PCD (got it right that time) and your car is sent to the PC but then don't go to the PC but your car does? My guess is that you would pay for that, but it would not make sense to send it to the dealer in that case, it seems like you would have it send to your home.

From the PC FAQ

"8. Is the vehicle transported to a customer's home after delivery?

No. Arrangements and cost for transport can be discussed with your BMW Retail Center. The Retail Center must contact the BMW Performance Center at least two weeks prior to the scheduled delivery date for additional details and required documentation."

When you pick up your car at the PC you drive it away. The dealer doesn't get involved with any prep or other stuff a dealer does with a car.

I think what you are calling a shipping fee is what, at least for the BMW's we have purchased, is called the destination fee. Even if you do a PCD you have to pay the destination fee.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #7
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Sorry PDC was supposed to be PCD , Performance Center Delivery.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that you choose to do PCD (got it right that time) and your car is sent to the PC but then don't go to the PC but your car does? My guess is that you would pay for that, but it would not make sense to send it to the dealer in that case, it seems like you would have it send to your home.

From the PC FAQ

"8. Is the vehicle transported to a customer's home after delivery?

No. Arrangements and cost for transport can be discussed with your BMW Retail Center. The Retail Center must contact the BMW Performance Center at least two weeks prior to the scheduled delivery date for additional details and required documentation."

When you pick up your car at the PC you drive it away. The dealer doesn't get involved with any prep or other stuff a dealer does with a car.

I think what you are calling a shipping fee is what, at least for the BMW's we have purchased, is called the destination fee. Even if you do a PCD you have to pay the destination fee.
Sorry for the confusion. I think the part I wasn't clear on is when I do the build and decide to pick-up the vehicle at the dealership ( I know I'll pay the destination & handling $995 ), but I'll also be charged to have the vehicle transported from the PC. Otherwise, I avoid that transportation fee by going to the PC to pick-up the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 11:21 PM   #8
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the update on the paint color- I really like the sapphire metallic black with the black wheels. I never thought that would be an option again. So will that be an update to the color options or the dealership will be able to add that color?
Also, I'll have to think hard about not getting the illuminated grille🤔 It would be nice if it was an option to illuminated an all black grille.
Yup, an update of the full option list, there is a * next to Black Sapphire in all the brochures, saying available as of December '19. Same goes for extended Merino seats (not full) and carbon mirror caps, plus some other things.

My dealer (diplomatic/military sales in Vienna, Austria) even says these could pop up in his configurator earlier than December, to allow ordering December built cars with these options. This early bird part is not confirmed though...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #9
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup, there is a * next to Black Sapphire in all the brochures, saying available as of December '19. Same goes for extended Merino seats (not full) and carbon mirror caps, plus some other things.

My dealer (diplomatic/military sales in Vienna, Austria) even says these could pop up in his configurator earlier than December, to allow ordering December built cars with these options. This early bird part is not confirmed though...
Thanks! I just saw it on the build sheet. I'm gonna choose between the sapphire black metallic & dark graphite metallic.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 11:37 PM   #10
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup, there is a * next to Black Sapphire in all the brochures, saying available as of December '19. Same goes for extended Merino seats (not full) and carbon mirror caps, plus some other things.

Thanks! I just saw it on the build sheet. I'm gonna choose between the sapphire black metallic & dark graphite metallic.
I posted earlier a real life video I found online of a grey G06, put it under "photos,videos,...". The color goes well with the lighter grey surface around the exhaust, but definitelly needs the extended shadow option and bigger wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 08:22 AM   #11
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I posted earlier a real life video I found online of a grey G06, put it under "photos,videos,...". The color goes well with the lighter grey surface around the exhaust, but definitelly needs the extended shadow option and bigger wheels
I think I found the video? The vehicle is driving on a mountain road? Was the that a G06? Which grey is that? Looks like Dark Graphite Metallic or Arctic Grey Metallic?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #12
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

I'm pretty sure it's Arctic Grey. It says in one of the German brochures that I found that Sophistograu (Graphite grey) is not going to be an option together with the M Sport package. I hope I attached the .pdf right. It's in German, but most of the stuff is self-explanatory

Here's the video again: https://publicinsta.com/media/Bz_h_4AFLGL
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Preisliste_G06.pdf.asset.1564049392564.pdf (5.69 MB, 319 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:38 PM   #13
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. I think the part I wasn't clear on is when I do the build and decide to pick-up the vehicle at the dealership ( I know I'll pay the destination & handling $995 ), but I'll also be charged to have the vehicle transported from the PC. Otherwise, I avoid that transportation fee by going to the PC to pick-up the vehicle.
If the car goes from factory to dealer, the PC is not involved. There is no additional charge to get the car to your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 05:55 AM   #14
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
Quote:
If the car goes from factory to dealer, the PC is not involved. There is no additional charge to get the car to your dealer.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying...
Appreciate 0