BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-15-2023, 12:40 PM   #67
mardoc
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 m60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscot View Post
hbeltran and mardoc did you get any kind of compensation for this?
Nothing yet. They agreed to ship the car at no charge when the stop sale is lifted.
Appreciate 1
LDT1539.50
      08-15-2023, 12:56 PM   #68
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardoc View Post
Thanks so much for that info....My rep told me he just found out about it on Monday morning when he got in (Dealer closed on Sunday). We had an appointment set for 9:45 to take delivery and I got the call around 8:00am. Probably an honest mistake but wish someone would have let me know it was easily $1,200 in travel costs before all was said and done. The did agree to ship my car at no addtl cost and pick up my trade but they should have offered more.....The car sure looks good though
Beautiful.
22s complete the package, an M vehicle should have an appropriate wheel.
Hope you enjoy the M60i as much as I do.
Appreciate 1
mardoc26.50
      08-15-2023, 01:16 PM   #69
jpw172
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW X5 50e

I checked my VIN mine was produced last week and is in transit and no open recalls or any issues on my VIN.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 01:23 PM   #70
hbeltran
2017 X6 waiting for the 2022 in Late August
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 2017 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscot View Post
hbeltran and mardoc did you get any kind of compensation for this?

Not as of now. But think of the day taken off to get there and time wasted. They can at least give us okay her a BMW shirt and some gas money.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 01:24 PM   #71
hbeltran
2017 X6 waiting for the 2022 in Late August
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 2017 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesey View Post
The stop sale was issued at 10:50 am on Saturday morning. The dealership should have contacted you right after. I would try to get some compensation for this

We were told at 9am Central Standard time.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 02:05 PM   #72
mysore
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5

I just can’t comprehend as to how a software defect impacts a set of cars manufactured between a 3 week period, while cars produced later work fine and BMW has to debug the issue… I can make some sense if someone tells me the hardware installed during the two week period was unique…
Appreciate 2
      08-15-2023, 02:09 PM   #73
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

^^^^^^^Very good point.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 02:12 PM   #74
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysore View Post
I just can’t comprehend as to how a software defect impacts a set of cars manufactured between a 3 week period, while cars produced later work fine and BMW has to debug the issue… I can make some sense if someone tells me the hardware installed during the two week period was unique…
In many, perhaps all, cases it is either a change with the part or the firmware installed on the part.

Look at the current DMTL stop sale and recall. They were able to issue a software update that fixed it enough to lift the stop sale but have not been able to truly solve the issue. There will be a future software release for the recall.
LDT1539.50
mardoc26.50
      08-15-2023, 04:03 PM   #75
charlesey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

In all honesty I’m not cool with the lack of information and lack of communication with the customers. This is not a way to run a business. BMW should show some transparency with the public and share daily updates to the dealerships. Just a suggestion! If we don’t hear at least the cause by 1 weeks time, this will not be good. I’ll consider building another car. What are your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 04:17 PM   #76
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
In all honesty I’m not cool with the lack of information and lack of communication with the customers. This is not a way to run a business. BMW should show some transparency with the public and share daily updates to the dealerships. Just a suggestion! If we don’t hear at least the cause by 1 weeks time, this will not be good. I’ll consider building another car. What are your thoughts?
Agree! Limbo is the absolute worst place to be. Lack of communication is the genesis of most business and relationship problems.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 1
Colibri106.50
      08-15-2023, 04:56 PM   #77
mardoc
Rep

Quote:
Totally agree. There’s virtually no communication. Truth is though most car companies are like this currently. I’m coming out of a 2022 Ford F150 King Ranch…I can’t even begin to tell you how much of a nightmare Ford has been.
Appreciate 2
LDT1539.50
swainbmw525.50
      08-16-2023, 06:14 AM   #78
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

I went through this exact thing but for a different software issue last year at this time on my X7 order. Vehicle arrived at my dealer on a Thursday night and was tagged as part of the then stop-sale (for a headlight issue) first thing on Friday morning. It sat there for around a month waiting for a software update so I could take delivery. BMW didn’t provide any updates or any timelines; the softwate update just showed up randomly one afternoon.

Ironically, and depressingly, I’m in the process of swapping my X7 40i for an M60i that finishes its production next week so there’s a chance this may be a repeat for me.

It’s worth noting that my 2023 X7 was built AFTER the date range provided in then posted stop-sale and still was impacted so unfortunately there will still be some outliers. I also learned that the stop-sale isn’t actually applied until after the dealer receives the vehicle and scans it into their inventory (or whatever the process is); my CA was watching mine and there was no stop-sale after the build nor while in-transit. It only showed up as such once actually on the ground at the dealer. I’m curious to see if there are any here with build dates after what’s posted in the stop-sale.

I should also note that I tried and fanagled my hardest to let the dealer just let me take it anyway - I would’ve signed a waiver or anything. Nope. BMW actually blocks this from happening. They couldn’t even transfer anything into my name or assign me the car as they normally would do.

Hoping it’s a quick fix.
Appreciate 2
LDT1539.50
      08-16-2023, 06:50 AM   #79
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Quote:
Thanks so much for that info....My rep told me he just found out about it on Monday morning when he got in (Dealer closed on Sunday). We had an appointment set for 9:45 to take delivery and I got the call around 8:00am. Probably an honest mistake but wish someone would have let me know it was easily $1,200 in travel costs before all was said and done. The did agree to ship my car at no addtl cost and pick up my trade but they should have offered more.....The car sure looks good though
Looks great, is that Tanzanite?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 08:05 AM   #80
mardoc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
Looks great, is that Tanzanite?
Yes. So glad I went with it once I saw it in person. Pictures just dont do it justice at all. In the direct light its amazing. It was between Tanzanite ii and Frozen Pure Grey for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 08:14 AM   #81
mardoc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
Just heard from the dealer, it is the highway assistant, and it is affecting several models built during that time frame. I also have iDrive 8 not 8.5 (7/28 PROD DATE).

No remedy and no confirmation if it's hardware or software or both. Just have to wait, he said the last one was about 7 days before they had a remedy.

Anyone hearing anything new on timelines from their SA/Dealer? Hardware/Software?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 08:33 AM   #82
Dunnor
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2024 X7

[QUOTE=coolerbythelake;30405260]I went through this exact thing but for a different software issue last year at this time on my X7 order. Vehicle arrived at my dealer on a Thursday night and was tagged as part of the then stop-sale (for a headlight issue) first thing on Friday morning. It sat there for around a month waiting for a software update so I could take delivery. BMW didn’t provide any updates or any timelines; the softwate update just showed up randomly one afternoon.

Ironically, and depressingly, I’m in the process of swapping my X7 40i for an M60i that finishes its production next week so there’s a chance this may be a repeat for me.

It’s worth noting that my 2023 X7 was built AFTER the date range provided in then posted stop-sale and still was impacted so unfortunately there will still be some outliers. I also learned that the stop-sale isn’t actually applied until after the dealer receives the vehicle and scans it into their inventory (or whatever the process is); my CA was watching mine and there was no stop-sale after the build nor while in-transit. It only showed up as such once actually on the ground at the dealer. I’m curious to see if there are any here with build dates after what’s posted in the stop-sale.

I should also note that I tried and fanagled my hardest to let the dealer just let me take it anyway - I would’ve signed a waiver or anything. Nope. BMW actually blocks this from happening. They couldn’t even transfer anything into my name or assign me the car as they normally would do.

Hoping it’s a quick fix.

Thank you for the positive information🤣 My optimism is waning.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2023, 08:35 AM   #83
charlesey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

Quote:
Anyone hearing anything new on timelines from their SA/Dealer? Hardware/Software?
Nothing to share on my end. It is really concerning that they don’t know what the issue is after 5 days. Seems like BMW does not care about its customers, that tells you what kind of company they are.
I would at least expect a timeline or update or where they are at determining the issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 08:40 AM   #84
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=Dunnor;30405539]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
I went through this exact thing but for a different software issue last year at this time on my X7 order. Vehicle arrived at my dealer on a Thursday night and was tagged as part of the then stop-sale (for a headlight issue) first thing on Friday morning. It sat there for around a month waiting for a software update so I could take delivery. BMW didn’t provide any updates or any timelines; the softwate update just showed up randomly one afternoon.

Hoping it’s a quick fix.

Thank you for the positive [...]
I know 😂😂

I’ll do you another solid and give you a preview of your next few weeks. Your excitement will waver between hopeful, angry, and resentful. You’ll have moments where you’re feeling blessed with your life, that the glass is half full, and then you’ll just knock the glass over in a fit of rage. Some will splash on your shirt and will stain it. But that’s okay because you’re at the final stages where all your feelings just turn into delirium and you are void on the inside even when your CA calls with the news that a fix is in.

But it’ll be worth it on the drive home. Hopefully that drive happens sooner rather than later!
Appreciate 2
arRod1981912.00
mardoc26.50
      08-16-2023, 09:39 AM   #85
LDT
Major
Rep

I’ve GOT to stop reading this stuff (but I won’t). It’s hard to blame the dealership as they don’t know anything more than we know. BMW keeps shipping cars to dealers so now the dealer is paying floorplan costs. Sales guys don’t want to lose customers so they’ll say anything to keep you. It’s an all around cluster!
Appreciate 2
      08-16-2023, 10:02 AM   #86
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nothing to share on my end. It is really concerning that they don’t know what the issue is after 5 days. Seems like BMW does not care about its customers, that tells you what kind of company they are.
I would at least expect a timeline or update or where they are at determining the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDT View Post
I’ve GOT to stop reading this stuff (but I won’t). It’s hard to blame the dealership as they don’t know anything more than we know. BMW keeps shipping cars to dealers so now the dealer is paying floorplan costs. Sales guys don’t want to lose customers so they’ll say anything to keep you. It’s an all around cluster!
No, you won’t. You also won’t stop checking this thread 15 times per day (or hour) for any rumors or updates - and you aren’t alone 😂

As the resident seasoned expert of BMW stop-sales, I can confirm that BMW does an abysmal job of keeping their dealers in the loop. It’s all kept tight lip. I’m pretty close with my CA and the GM of my dealer and it was a shitshow last year at this time. They were finding out more about the latest software update rumors from me and a few of the guys on here than they were from corporate; even their corporate rep was in the dark. When the update finally came, it was posted on the forum and I texted my dealer and they didn’t even know that yet. They had to grab a tech and have them check their system and there it was.

I know there are a lot of crappy dealers in general out there but early on in this process last year, the dealers didn’t even know there was a stop-sale until they went to process the paperwork an hour or two before customer delivery; that’s when they got the hard stop in the system. I gave them all some slack as a result. I was literally in my garage getting into the car to go pick up my X7 when I got the dreaded call. Trust me, they want to sell you your car as much as you want to buy it.
Appreciate 2
      08-16-2023, 10:17 AM   #87
mardoc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
No, you won’t. You also won’t stop checking this thread 15 times per day (or hour) for any rumors or updates - and you aren’t alone 😂

As the resident seasoned expert of BMW stop-sales, I can confirm that BMW does an abysmal job of keeping their dealers in the loop. It’s all kept tight lip. I’m pretty close with my CA and the GM of my dealer and it was a shitshow last year at this time. They were finding out more about the latest software update rumors from me and a few of the guys on here than they were from corporate; even their corporate rep was in the dark. When the update finally came, it was posted on the forum and I texted my dealer and they didn’t even know that yet. They had to grab a tech and have them check their system and there it was.

I know there are a lot of crappy dealers in general out there but early on in this process last year, the dealers didn’t even know there was a stop-sale until they went to process the paperwork an hour or two before customer delivery; that’s when they got the hard stop in the system. I gave them all some slack as a result. I was literally in my garage getting into the car to go pick up my X7 when I got the dreaded call. Trust me, they want to sell you your car as much as you want to buy it.
Funny you mention that my rep was checking this forum for updates instead of internal sources.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 10:30 AM   #88
LDT
Major
Rep

This from my Sales Mgr just now “According to our Bmw rep yesterday, he said the fix should be out in three or four days, fingers crossed”.
Appreciate 5