04-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #1035
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Off topic but what is Belgium's most popular export beer? Something I might be able to get here in the states. I'd love to celebrate scHAM's dethroning if Max pulls it off.
Mate . There are over 3000 kinds of Belgian beers, spread out over 304 breweries in 2018 !

Here you can see "few" of the stronger Belgian beers => https://www.beertourism.com/blogs/belgian-beer

So actually I have no idea how they (all) taste like ...Too much to taste !

Cheers mate !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58881.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #1036
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
So if his color isn't an issue, why did you bring anything up. I'm a person of color who has spent, and kicked ass in places where I was the following:

Only 1 of 50 people in management in a national telecommunications company of over 3000. You have no idea of the crap I put up with, the invectives and the outright calling me the n-word. The one thing is this: No matter how much I was hated because of how I looked, their grudging respect was always given because of my work ethic and the way I drive revenue. Everyone loves a golden goose. 12 years in the company. Started in entry-level sales and made it to national VP in 7 years.

3 of 55 people as a frontline management people in a biotech company. Always polite. But I was paid less in base salary but that didn't matter because I drive revenue and always killed on bonus and my people killed on bonus because I drive the FK out of revenue.

Only one of 35 on a contract management team. See above.

I know what it's like to walk into a room and it goes silent. I know what it is like to have someone say, "you're so well spoken...its different and refreshing". Because I'm corporate polite I said, Thank you but I was always thinking, "You s4it kicking hillbilly, I've been traveling internationally since I was 14 and we have, in my immediate family 17 degrees among 5 people. Why am I even talking to you, idiot." But I'm older now and more reserved.

Fortunately, I've arrived at a place in my life where I call out racist behavior when I see it because I just about have FU money and dgaf about what people think unless I have affinity for them, without respect to color.

What you said and the way you put it was racist. YOU may not be, but what you said was.

Glad you cleaned it up but please do better in the future.
Wow,,,just wow,,,thanks for what you just shared! Sorry for what you have been through! I honestly never thought what I said would be seen as racist. Shows I still have much to learn but feel as if I'm walking on egg shells. Perception is reality but I can't live or understand your reality. But I try!

I'm a retired police officer from a large metro area and have no concept of minority struggles in the corporate world. Or real world struggles for that matter. All I know is people are people and I don't see any difference. The police department I worked for couldn't be any more diverse yet as a profession we get a bad rap due to certain complete morons.

Anyway please accept my sincere apologies if I caused you or anyone on this forum distress!!!!! It makes me sad

Signing off for now to contemplate! Thanks for the reply!!! It would have been easy to add me to an ignore list and move on.

Good Night
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
HFW0035664.50
M5Rick58881.00
      04-09-2021, 06:18 PM   #1037
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate . There are over 3000 kinds of Belgian beers, spread out over 304 breweries in 2018 !

Here you can see "few" of the stronger Belgian beers => https://www.beertourism.com/blogs/belgian-beer

So actually I have no idea how they (all) taste like ...Too much to taste !

Cheers mate !
What do you drink? Just putting back a few redneck PBRs here
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2021, 06:19 PM   #1038
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I would have though Stella Artois but no doubt M Power will put me straight on that heheh
Dang, thought that was Italian
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2021, 06:21 PM   #1039
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I would have though Stella Artois but no doubt M Power will put me straight on that heheh
Stella is a regular pils beer over here . I visited the brewery in Leuven here => https://ab-inbev.be/nl_BE/news/stell...werijbezoeken#
Stella is not too bad !

Drove once with my ///M to Westmalle , of course to buy the dark Trappist from Westmalle !

I bought the Trappist Westmalle beers from the monks in the abbey here => https://www.trappistwestmalle.be/en

Well my friend , I can tell you ...That's the real stuff !

3-4 Westmalle Trappist beers and everyone is floored !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58881.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #1040
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
What do you drink? Just putting back a few redneck PBRs here
Don't drink much , I need always for 100% my concentration at work , as I have to avoid every single mistake .
Let's say : One single mistake from me can cost millions for the company !

Sometimes during the weekends a few stronger beers . I just buy them while I have no idea what it his ..
The problem is , our Belgian beer list is endless ...So I like to surprise myself with the unknown .

In summer I like sometimes the Kriek Belle-Vue beer . It's a red sweeter cherries beer .
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58881.00
      04-09-2021, 07:06 PM   #1041
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
So if his color isn't an issue, why did you bring anything up. I'm a person of color who has spent, and kicked ass in places where I was the following:

Only 1 of 50 people in management in a national telecommunications company of over 3000. You have no idea of the crap I put up with, the invectives and the outright calling me the n-word. The one thing is this: No matter how much I was hated because of how I looked, their grudging respect was always given because of my work ethic and the way I drive revenue. Everyone loves a golden goose. 12 years in the company. Started in entry-level sales and made it to national VP in 7 years.

3 of 55 people as a frontline management people in a biotech company. Always polite. But I was paid less in base salary but that didn't matter because I drive revenue and always killed on bonus and my people killed on bonus because I drive the FK out of revenue.

I know what it's like to walk into a room and it goes silent. I know what it is like to have someone say, "you're so well spoken...its different and refreshing". Because I'm corporate polite I said, Thank you but I was always thinking, "You s4it kicking hillbilly, I've been traveling internationally since I was 14 and we have, in my immediate family 17 degrees among 5 people. Why am I even talking to you, idiot." But I'm older now and more reserved.

Fortunately, I've arrived at a place in my life where I call out racist behavior when I see it because I just about have FU money and dgaf about what people think unless I have affinity for them, without respect to color.

What you said and the way you put it was racist. YOU may not be, but what you said was.

My good friend ,
Dammit ! I'm so sorry to hear this !
But I always knew and still know from your words you're such a strong man !
The color doesn't matters my friend , the character comes from inside ..And that matters !
You made it ! That matters ! Be strong my friend ! Be strong and remain strong !

As in F1 :

My good friend . As in F1 : You won "YOUR" race !

Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58881.00
      04-09-2021, 07:42 PM   #1042
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Wow,,,just wow,,,thanks for what you just shared! Sorry for what you have been through! I honestly never thought what I said would be seen as racist. Shows I still have much to learn but feel as if I'm walking on egg shells. Perception is reality but I can't live or understand your reality. But I try!

I'm a retired police officer from a large metro area and have no concept of minority struggles in the corporate world. Or real world struggles for that matter. All I know is people are people and I don't see any difference. The police department I worked for couldn't be any more diverse yet as a profession we get a bad rap due to certain complete morons.

Anyway please accept my sincere apologies if I caused you or anyone on this forum distress!!!!! It makes me sad

Signing off for now to contemplate! Thanks for the reply!!! It would have been easy to add me to an ignore list and move on.

Good Night
No worries.

You didn't cause me any distress because this is an internet forum and everyone gets an opinion. I would say the same thing to you in person that I say here.

And you don't need to walk on eggshells just think first. When we are speaking of someone in the abstract why mention race? If you are describing someone then it is cool to say, He/She is black/white/red/green.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 04-10-2021 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2021, 07:44 PM   #1043
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
My good friend ,
Dammit ! I'm so sorry to hear this !
But I always knew and still know from your words you're such a strong man !
The color doesn't matters my friend , the character comes from inside ..And that matters !
You made it ! That matters ! Be strong my friend ! Be strong and remain strong !

As in F1 :

My good friend . As in F1 : You won "YOUR" race !
Thanks for your kind words, my friend. I'm just relaying to you what I went through and I'm a nobody. Now think about being the first and only person that looks like you in your entire sport as a driver in F1 and, most likely since he was in the lesser formulae. It's not easy.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2021, 09:30 PM   #1044
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:

I’m a 56 year old middle class white man and, whilst I have a few friends of colour, I have absolutely no idea of the struggles they (and you) have had in the world.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve had my own struggles, I’m very much a self made man, but nothing like what you’ve talked about! I really appreciate your words from the heart.

Thanks!
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2021, 11:33 PM   #1045
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
I’m a 56 year old middle class white man and, whilst I have a few friends of colour, I have absolutely no idea of the struggles they (and you) have had in the world.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve had my own struggles, I’m very much a self made man, but nothing like what you’ve talked about! I really appreciate your words from the heart.

Thanks!
Thanks! We all have our struggles which is why I don't think it should be made harder by stupidity. And I'm 56, as well. Which I still can't believe!!
Appreciate 2
      04-10-2021, 01:36 AM   #1046
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words, my friend. I'm just relaying to you what I went through and I'm a nobody. Now think about being the first and only person that looks like you in your entire sport as a driver in F1 and, most likely since he was in the lesser formulae. It's not easy.
I would like to think that the UK is a fairly decent multi-cultural society yet Lewis had some grim times in the lower formula.
Its a mark of his character that he persevered.

It annoys and saddens me to read some of the crap that is written about Lewis. Its hard not to suspect that some people can only see him through the prism of his colour.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      04-10-2021, 02:17 AM   #1047
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I would like to think that the UK is a fairly decent multi-cultural society yet Lewis had some grim times in the lower formula.
Its a mark of his character that he persevered.

It annoys and saddens me to read some of the crap that is written about Lewis. Its hard not to suspect that some people can only see him through the prism of his colour.
If it was bothersome to the point some people attribute, he likely wouldn’t call attention to it. Hard is a definition reserved for each individual. As someone that truly gives zero f’s what people think AND has faced decent levels of racism in my life, I’m well aware the individual choices and “consequences” in calling attention to it. As is he I assume.

To your point if that’s ALL they see, this is yet another flag symbolically calling attention to what is already likely easily attributed to the individual posting it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 02:27 AM   #1048
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
I'm in.
We're gonna have to spread the wealth Mksixer. We already have one bet.
Appreciate 2
      04-10-2021, 03:25 AM   #1049
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
My friend ....Hell yeah !!!!
The LION will roar more with sharper claws.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2021, 03:30 AM   #1050
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Dang, thought that was Italian
Belgian Stella A export should be no trouble to get in your 'First for Flight' state
Appreciate 2
      04-10-2021, 06:10 AM   #1051
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
We're gonna have to spread the wealth Mksixer. We already have one bet.
Haven't you heard of doubling down?!?!!
Appreciate 2
      04-10-2021, 07:04 AM   #1052
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I like Carlsberg Elephant Beer!!

Appreciate 2
      04-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #1053
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The LION will roar more with sharper claws.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      04-10-2021, 01:58 PM   #1054
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Ready and waiting...the LION waiting to pounce and tear the Merc to pieces
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #1055
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Ready and waiting...the LION waiting to pounce and tear the Merc to pieces
In the temple of speed !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00
      04-10-2021, 02:28 PM   #1056
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
In the temple of speed !
The Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari track was started being built in 1950 and racing started in 1953.
Some parts of the track can't be televised as hidden by forest growth.
Appreciate 2