BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-26-2022, 09:39 PM   #177
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC | '20 Z4

Thanks for the additional info! Thankfully it wasn't that. Somehow when I was installing the passenger door card, the main harness got disconnected.. in fact, the male end got disconnected from the mount and I found it loose. Easy fix!

Finally done. I'm paying someone next time!! :

The upgraded speakers and subs sound amazing. Very detailed, better mid range and the subs hit harder. I still want to look into an amp upgrade and a stealth sub for the trunk..

BTW, I coded the B&W DSP and it sounds crisp.

Finally glad it's behind me.. time to install my dashcam..

(Camera changed the colors of the ambient lighting.. it's all blue..)
Attached Images

08-27-2022, 07:27 AM   #178
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
Thanks for the additional info! Thankfully it wasn't that. Somehow when I was installing the passenger door card, the main harness got disconnected.. in fact, the male end got disconnected from the mount and I found it loose. Easy fix!

Finally done. I'm paying someone next time!! :

The upgraded speakers and subs sound amazing. Very detailed, better mid range and the subs hit harder. I still want to look into an amp upgrade and a stealth sub for the trunk..

BTW, I coded the B&W DSP and it sounds crisp.

Finally glad it's behind me.. time to install my dashcam..

(Camera changed the colors of the ambient lighting.. it's all blue..)
Looks good
And yeah, amp i still want to get the 10DSP to replace the stock HK
As for added sub, I deff dont need that as I have earthquakes under the front and they are insane. I have the base down to lile -5 or -7 on the EQ. I need to get the amp to be able to adjust things a bit better to not have it that low, but it KICKS!

If anyone is interested, I ha e an extra set of Earthquake 8X's avail. They are new, never installed. Go for $250, but I will sell for $200. Come with adapter rings
Appreciate 1
-cj-198.00
      09-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #179
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Complete, detailed installation instructions

I did this mod on my X7. The parts & installation procedure is the exact same as on the X5.

Here's a writeup on that, with complete, detailed instructions: https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1955756

Thanks to all the folks who provided info in this thread.
Appreciate 2
      09-20-2022, 09:43 AM   #180
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkNinja400Guy View Post
I did this mod on my X7. The parts & installation procedure is the exact same as on the X5.

Here's a writeup on that, with complete, detailed instructions: https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1955756

Thanks to all the folks who provided info in this thread.
Amazing write up! Thanks for taking the time on that post!
Could definitely help with G05 folks as well in case they get stuck!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 08:56 PM   #181
Bacchus21
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Dash ambient light wire

Hi.

Thanks for sharing.

I have a question. I hope you can help me. I replaced the covers on all four doors and connected the ambient light to the new covers with no problem, but I don't know where to connect the ambient light wire to the center cover above the dash.

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus2002 View Post
Thank you.

Answers to your great questions:
1- Very easy, no splicing, no cutting at all. There are three or four different ambient light plugs to choose from, you gently pry one plug out and install the provided wire harness in series with the one you just unplugged, remember to not put any force on the door panel light plugs.

Attachment 2518245

2. T20 hex drive. Plastic pry tools. Long nose pliers. The covers were glued to the door panel with molded plastic, so you would need some different size wire cutters. I had to remove the light panels in order to be able to replace the original speaker covers. The covers come with screws and washers, so a Philips screw driver would be needed.

Attachment 2518252

You would not need to replace your original speakers. I had HiFi speakers, so had to upgrade. In total, it took me almost 5 hours to finish the project on two different days. I took my time to make sure not to break anything. The outcome satisfied me a lot, specially with the amp upgrade.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 06:14 AM   #182
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus21 View Post
Hi.

Thanks for sharing.

I have a question. I hope you can help me. I replaced the covers on all four doors and connected the ambient light to the new covers with no problem, but I don't know where to connect the ambient light wire to the center cover above the dash.

Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-fusion View Post
Yeah it sure is a pain in the ass to remove all the things, especially with the silver trim piece with the light, totally agree lol but worth it in the end.

Center is easy to remove, but yes, a bitch to hookup. You will have to take off the center dash trim piece that goes across with the vents. Once it is off, you need to feed the wire from the top speaker down the vent hole (biggest pita i think) then to the right where the dash trim is and hook it up there, then tuck the wires and place the trim piece back. Remember, there are 2 screws on the right hand side of the dash. Open the passanger door, pop the side trim cover off (where you wpuld noemally find the fuse box in some cars just on the passanger side) and you will find 2 screws to be removed before you can start pulling off the dash cf trim with led.
See my quoted msg above on how to wire the center.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 08:09 PM   #183
jcss812
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X7 40i PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Well after much deliberation I have decided not to tackle this, I'm not confident enough in my DIY skills which means I have a complete set for sale for half the price i paid for it.

Everything included in the photos, all brand new still in original packaging and includes Y cable connectors and fixings.

$380 US (Including Shipping to US)

£280 GBP (Including Shipping to UK)
Still available?

Edit: nvmd it looks like elitefusion got them

Last edited by jcss812; 01-08-2023 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2023, 12:23 PM   #184
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Getting this done also, but just the covers for the lighting. For those with HK speakers, how the lighting is as some said the speakers are black and wont reflect the light good. Worse case I guess i can paint the cone silver.
      04-22-2023, 10:47 PM   #185
Itslouiev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Sport 40i

Thank you everyone who's contributed to this post. after upgrading the Subs to focal isub4s I've decided to do the speaker grilles and eventually the speakers.

Has anyone also purchased the B&W speakers from the same seller as the grilles or an Ali bw speaker kit? with the Focal subs, and some EQ'ing im in a happy place with the sound of my HK, and would settle for a small increase in audio quality and the reflectivity of the B&W speakers if it is indeed any bit an upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 09:58 AM   #186
dayfly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 45-E

re

I want to upgrade my HK speaker grills with the B&W with the ambient lights.

Do i also need to replace my speakers to get good lighting out of them or can i leave met HK speakers ?

i was reading that the supplied speakers were terrible quality ?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 02:46 AM   #187
dayfly
Enlisted Member
Rep

re

Ok ordered the set but from what i understand they dont send out the versions with the correct spelling anymore.

Ordered it from the same links provided here.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 07:11 AM   #188
ipayincash
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayfly View Post
Ok ordered the set but from what i understand they dont send out the versions with the correct spelling anymore.

Ordered it from the same links provided here.
I hope this isn't true I was planning on ordering also... Can anybody confirm this ? Or share a new link for a supplier with correct spelling still
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 07:10 AM   #189
Tabs83
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Well after much deliberation I have decided not to tackle this, I'm not confident enough in my DIY skills which means I have a complete set for sale for half the price i paid for it.

Everything included in the photos, all brand new still in original packaging and includes Y cable connectors and fixings.

$380 US (Including Shipping to US)

£280 GBP (Including Shipping to UK)

Long shot but do you still have these?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 08:32 PM   #190
podpod
Rep
Drives: X5 30d G05

Latest spelling
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
E91toG05341.50
      12-24-2023, 07:07 AM   #191
Lifeisgood20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport

That’s disappointing to see the spelling. Was dragging my feet to order these but I probably will not given this image.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 04:08 AM   #192
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Has anyone ordered any recently with correct spelling?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 12:54 PM   #193
dayfly
Enlisted Member
Rep

re

I ordered from several shops the front door tweeters because they dont align 100% same with the center cover.

Have 3 now and they al have a capital O so its BOwers & Wilkings

I placed these over the b&w letter https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/10050...Cquery_from%3A
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 09:14 PM   #194
vcastceo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mercedez E250

Currently, Door speaker logo is correct but center speaker cover logo appears like 13owers & Wilkins.
"1" and "3" are very, very close together, it appears like "B" but you can see hairline gap between 1 and 3. See the pictures.

Name:  Front 2024-03-16 095029.png
Views: 77
Size:  356.1 KB

Name:  KakaoTalk_20240316_094409793_03.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  777.1 KB

Name:  Door1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  316.9 KB

Name:  Door2.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  281.8 KB

Second picture was from seller, I ask logo especially not double v or capital O or Wlikins.
Other pictures from friend who install recently - I only order center speaker cover, not for sound qualiy but just cosmetic purposes, hate to see ugly HK center cover.
I found how connect B&W logo light but afraid to disassemble dashboard especially instrument panel cover. But instrument panel cover removal is mandatory in order to take screw out for center panel... But I have to do when package comes.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 09:26 AM   #195
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcastceo View Post
Currently, Door speaker logo is correct but center speaker cover logo appears like 13owers & Wilkins.
"1" and "3" are very, very close together, it appears like "B" but you can see hairline gap between 1 and 3. See the pictures.

Second picture was from seller, I ask logo especially not double v or capital O or Wlikins.
Other pictures from friend who install recently - I only order center speaker cover, not for sound qualiy but just cosmetic purposes, hate to see ugly HK center cover.
I found how connect B&W logo light but afraid to disassemble dashboard especially instrument panel cover. But instrument panel cover removal is mandatory in order to take screw out for center panel... But I have to do when package comes.
Which seller did you purchase from?
Appreciate 0