04-12-2020, 02:29 AM   #67
wanman
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
Its was found in a research document similar to this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1586631774686
Thank you for taking the time to dig it up!!! Very good info!
Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 07:21 PM   #68
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgv View Post
So far the apps have not downloaded. Is there anything else you might have done differently?

Did you finally get the apps working?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #69
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i Msport

Quote:
Nope. I got the same answer as I got from the BMWNA. It does not work. I haven’t even answer their email. I was not even able to talk a supervisor as he was busy and promised me a return call. Instead I got an email.
2019 x5 40i MSport Artic Grey
2022 M50i Tanzanite Blue Xpel Stealth
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #70
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Did anybody else got it to work besides you?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #71
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope. I got the same answer as I got from the BMWNA. It does not work. I haven’t even answer their email. I was not even able to talk a supervisor as he was busy and promised me a return call. Instead I got an email.
Thats the problem, you are supposed to contact BMW DE Connected drive. Not BMW NA. You have to fill out the German forms and send in military vehicle registration. You need to have them send out the connected drive activation. Once this is complete you go on the US app register the vehicle and get pin code.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 10:09 PM   #72
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Thats the problem, you are supposed to contact BMW DE Connected drive. Not BMW NA. You have to fill out the German forms and send in military vehicle registration. You need to have them send out the connected drive activation. Once this is complete you go on the US app register the vehicle and get pin code.
mjbmw1,
I did sent them the signed paperwork and registration and called them. I will try once more.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 03:33 PM   #73
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Anyone else get it to work?

We were finally able to pick up our 2020 x40i from Euler on Monday. They state that they still cannot load the European maps, although they are aware that Bavarian can, but don't "recommend" their approach.

In reference to the apps, it appears from the thread that I need to get BMW NA to activate the feature and BMW DE to send the code required to obtain functionality?

Will I need the European maps loaded as a first step?

Thanks.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 07:49 AM   #74
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So im connected using my car wifi somehow this is working here is the ip information

NetRange: 204.156.180.0 - 204.156.183.255
CIDR: 204.156.180.0/22
NetName: JASPE-9
NetHandle: NET-204-156-180-0-1
Parent: NET204 (NET-204-0-0-0-0)
NetType: Direct Assignment
OriginAS:
Organization: Jasper Technologies Inc. (JASPE-9)
RegDate: 2015-08-28
Updated: 2015-08-28
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/204.156.180.0

OrgName: Jasper Technologies Inc.
OrgId: JASPE-9
Address: 3003 Bunker Hill Lane
City: Santa Clara
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 95054
RegDate: 2009-12-01
Updated: 2015-08-25
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/JASPE-9

OrgAbuseHandle: NOC2708-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: NOC
OrgAbusePhone: +1-408-328-5200
OrgAbuseEmail: notify@jasperwireless.com
OrgAbuseRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/NOC2708-ARIN

OrgTechHandle: NOC2708-ARIN
OrgTechName: NOC
OrgTechPhone: +1-408-328-5200
OrgTechEmail: notify@jasperwireless.com
OrgTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/NOC2708-ARIN
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #75
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Soooo..... TODAY..... literally (May 17th, 2020).... All of a sudden, all sorts of new apps show up on my Idrive. I didn't ask for anything, didn't log in to anything.... just "poof".... it all showed up. I EVEN ACTIVATED THE CRASH CAMERA APP (or whatever ot is called - when the camera starts recording auromatically 20 seconds before an accident). Its working now!

I've tried logging into my connected account numerous times in the past, and it wouldn't let me.

I've got the weather app, the traffic app, lots of other things I haven't even explored yet. I tried to log in to connected while I was sitting in my car... and it rejected again.

But.... then I went inside, saw that I had an email prompting me to log in..... so I did. Poof, the car is there. I can save favorites to my gps, send destinations from my phone, honk horn, locate vehicle, and even view my vehicles surroundings remotely.

Which is weird.... check out this picture. The surroundings are CORRECT. However, my car isn't a base model X5... nor is it silver... lol. Whatever.... I'll take it.

I have NO IDEA what happened..... but it happened. Crazy stoked about this. Now I just need to learn how to use it all.

BTW.... Alpine white American Spec 2020 BMW X5M50, located in Belgium
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      05-18-2020, 11:38 AM   #76
Delgv
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Soooo..... TODAY..... literally (May 17th, 2020).... All of a sudden, all sorts of new apps show up on my Idrive. I didn't ask for anything, didn't log in to anything.... just "poof".... it all showed up. I EVEN ACTIVATED THE CRASH CAMERA APP (or whatever ot is called - when the camera starts recording auromatically 20 seconds before an accident). Its working now!

I've tried logging into my connected account numerous times in the past, and it wouldn't let me.

I've got the weather app, the traffic app, lots of other things I haven't even explored yet. I tried to log in to connected while I was sitting in my car... and it rejected again.

But.... then I went inside, saw that I had an email prompting me to log in..... so I did. Poof, the car is there. I can save favorites to my gps, send destinations from my phone, honk horn, locate vehicle, and even view my vehicles surroundings remotely.

Which is weird.... check out this picture. The surroundings are CORRECT. However, my car isn't a base model X5... nor is it silver... lol. Whatever.... I'll take it.

I have NO IDEA what happened..... but it happened. Crazy stoked about this. Now I just need to learn how to use it all.

Dude,
I am happy for you. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 10:14 AM   #77
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Dude,
I am happy for you. Enjoy!
Thanks..... I'm more interested to find out HOW and WHY it happened though.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #78
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I sent emails to CEO of NA and DE. I complained about all of the US Soldiers that are purchasing vehicles and none of the apps working. I got an email awhile back that said thank you for bringing this to our attention. something like we are working on a solution. I know I was the first now you might be the second or part of the testing group. I worked with Connected DE for 2 months so hopefully they finally got everything working for all.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 10:47 AM   #79
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post

Can you send a picture of your Software Version. They are still working on my 3D view and I think its the Software Version since yours works and you picked up your car later.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #80
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep

We picked up our 2020 x40i last week and I registered Connected Drive with BMWNA. We do not have maps loaded, but our news feed in the X5 works and my Connected Drive app provides location services for car (although seems to be behind by a day or so). I have the option to lock and unlock the car, although the cell service in my village is down, so I am not sure if my inability to execute the commands is a BMW thing or merely bad cell service. The app does show recent fuel level, mileage to empty and all of service reminders.

I did try to register my VIN on the .de Connected Drive site, but keep getting an error, but we appear to have some functionality with just the NA activation. Perhaps the functionality in the car and on the app, and perhaps that will improve once we get European maps loaded.

Just wanted to share my recent observations.

What we have so far is encouraging, although Euler in Kaiserslautern is not eager to try to load any map data on any X5s.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #81
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Can you send a picture of your Software Version. They are still working on my 3D view and I think its the Software Version since yours works and you picked up your car later.
Sure..... where do I go to find that?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #82
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep

The software version should be under "general settings", as I recall. It is a selectable option in one of the menus.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 01:15 AM   #83
Dullimite
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
We picked up our 2020 x40i last week and I registered Connected Drive with BMWNA. We do not have maps loaded, but our news feed in the X5 works and my Connected Drive app provides location services for car (although seems to be behind by a day or so). I have the option to lock and unlock the car, although the cell service in my village is down, so I am not sure if my inability to execute the commands is a BMW thing or merely bad cell service. The app does show recent fuel level, mileage to empty and all of service reminders.

I did try to register my VIN on the .de Connected Drive site, but keep getting an error, but we appear to have some functionality with just the NA activation. Perhaps the functionality in the car and on the app, and perhaps that will improve once we get European maps loaded.

Just wanted to share my recent observations.

What we have so far is encouraging, although Euler in Kaiserslautern is not eager to try to load any map data on any X5s.
How were you able to register with BMWNA? I just took delivery of a 2021 x3 M40i in Wurzberg US spec and got the same song and dance about everything not working. I got the European maps but they charged me a heck of a lot more than the OP, 420 Euros with VAT form. I have a colleague that has a 2020 330i that had all his connected drive, car play stuff just start working like another poster on here. I'm just wondering if I need to wait and be patient or if there is something I can do to get this all working.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 02:22 AM   #84
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

So, I just took delivery of my 2021 X5 40i about a week ago that I bought through the military sales in Korea. Just like everyone else, nothing works. Honestly, all I care about is getting Apple Carplay to work. Korea has several navigation Apps that are compatible with Apple Carplay. If I want to just get Carplay, do I need to register my connected drive account to Korea? I tried the NA Connected drive but get the same error eveyone else gets. BMWNA said my VIN was listed in their international database, which he doesn't have access to. He could see my car, but couldn't do much trying to get it registered. Also, I guess I would need telematics to work just like Wanman was trying to figure out. Once I get telematics and access to the connected drive, then I should in theory be able to unlock Carplay right?

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 08:47 AM   #85
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
I sent emails to CEO of NA and DE. I complained about all of the US Soldiers that are purchasing vehicles and none of the apps working. I got an email awhile back that said thank you for bringing this to our attention. something like we are working on a solution. I know I was the first now you might be the second or part of the testing group. I worked with Connected DE for 2 months so hopefully they finally got everything working for all.
Can you send me those emails? I want to get this situation figured out for those of us in Korea. I'm a contractor and my wife is Korean. Needless to say, we plan on being here a while. I at least need my Apple Carplay to work!

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #86
JJRX5
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Gents,

I am expecting delivery of my X5 40I around mid-November into Kaiserslautern. I emailed Lee at Bavarian about the ability to access Connected Drive and he said there is still a SIM card issue. Is anyone in Germany currently able to get connected? If I read the thread correctly, it looks like only one person managed to get this working. If anyone know the process to make this work, please hit me up. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 11:26 PM   #87
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
Gents,

I am expecting delivery of my X5 40I around mid-November into Kaiserslautern. I emailed Lee at Bavarian about the ability to access Connected Drive and he said there is still a SIM card issue. Is anyone in Germany currently able to get connected? If I read the thread correctly, it looks like only one person managed to get this working. If anyone know the process to make this work, please hit me up. Thanks!
JJRX5,

I was told by my BMW military sales rep that my car has the GPS unit or the antenna unplugged since it would continuously be searching for a signal. It's something they do at the port as part of the customs process. I'm not sure if you're trying to get full functionality like others are or just want Carplay to work. I would ask your sales rep that question.

I also talked with Bimmer-Tech last night. They are able to unlock/activate Carplay remotely. The cost is $599, and takes around 30 minutes. If you only want Carplay and don't want the hassle of jumping through hoops to get full functionality then this may be the easiest way. I think I may go this route.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category...lay-activation

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #88
JJRX5
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

The GPS antenna should be fully functional. Bavarian is installing the European maps and that would be pointless without the antenna. I really just want to figure out if I can get some of the ConnectedDrive features active. It sounds like some members of this thread have had some success, but the process for making it happen is clear to me.
Appreciate 1