BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-26-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

your favorite bimmercode

Want to start a thread with what everyone's favorite bimmercode/bimmerlink coding, to make it easier to reference instead of having to scroll through 50 pages searching in other threads.

I'll start...

Bimmercode

1)turning off initial warnings
2)Aplina/M cluster options
3)adding additional color to ambient lighting
4)turn off seatbelt warning
5)video while driving
6)tire temps
7)assistant driving view on cluster

Bimmerlink
1)opening exhaust flap
Appreciate 2
Jcit49.50
      01-26-2021, 06:17 PM   #2
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Gotta have the default start drive mode to adaptive. That's the first thing I code. Followed by the M logo on iDrive startup/shut down.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2021, 08:19 PM   #3
cruzer666
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Gotta have the default start drive mode to adaptive. That's the first thing I code. Followed by the M logo on iDrive startup/shut down.
If you don't mind, can you do a quick synopsis as to why adaptive vs comfort as a default driving mode? I wasn't able to find much documentation on adaptive beyond the fact "tuning is automatically modified to the driving situation and driving style". In other words, why do you like it? Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2021, 09:22 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

I'm sure VTENGR will be able to give a better synopsis but I also use Adaptive as the default drive mode. It uses attributes of the Comfort, Eco Pro and Sport modes to provide a comfortable drive but yet sporty when needed. It also can use information from the navigation system to make adjustments to the throttle, steering, suspension, etc.

Here is a post from another forum as well as a link to the BMW video: "I asked BMWGenius to explain Adaptive Driving Mode in more detail, including whether or not it switches between comfort and sport depending on the situation. Here's what they said.
The Adaptive Driving Mode is a unique driving mode, separate from COMFORT, ECO PRO, and SPORT. While driving in Adaptive Driving Mode, the vehicle does not switch to COMFORT or SPORT mode automatically. However, characters of COMFORT or SPORT will be implemented, depending on the situation.

The vehicle is considering many factor to determine the optimal drive feel. Along with acceleration, steering, and speed, the vehicle is also factoring in driving conditions, braking, cornering speed, input from the xDrive system and Navigation data.

When the Navigation system has an active guidance, the Navigation data is used to anticipate curves, crossroads and type of street or road that you are driving on. For example, it can select the optimum transmission gear in advance, potentially enhancing efficiency.​

I responded with this:
One more question: Some have suggested that Adaptive Driving Mode learns how you drive over time and adjusts itself based on that history. Is that true? Or does it just adapt based on the current situation without regard to history?​

Here is what they (a different person) said:
In Adaptive mode, the following influences on the driving style are taken into account, among others:
• Longitudinal dynamics
• Current speed
• Pedal sensor position
• Cruise control (sensor data from ACC radar sensor) *If equipped
• Sport shift gate for automatic transmission
• Turn indicator
• Steering wheel movements
• Navigation data

"ADAPTIVE" reacts to the current driving style. The affected control units can change their parameters on the basis of the detected driving style. This system will not use previous driving tendencies to change settings for the current trip.​"

01-26-2021, 09:22 PM   #5
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
3)adding additional color to ambient lighting

Bimmerlink
1)opening exhaust flap
Where in Bimmercode can you add additional ambient lighting colors? Is this something new?

With Bimmerlink don't you have to leave the OBD adapter plugged in for the exhaust flap to remain open? I thought Bimmerlink can only be used while the OBD adapter is plugged in. As soon as you unplug it doesn't it revert back to the default setting?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:54 PM   #6
FathGene
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30D M Sport

I am a Newby to both BMW and BimmerCode, i have the app and just brought the OBDLink MX+. What are the best changes I can make? Any help is greatly appreciated.
      01-27-2021, 08:47 AM   #7
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I'm sure VTENGR will be able to give a better synopsis but I also use Adaptive as the default drive mode. It uses attributes of the Comfort, Eco Pro and Sport modes to provide a comfortable drive but yet sporty when needed. It also can use information from the navigation system to make adjustments to the throttle, steering, suspension, etc.

Here is a post from another forum as well as a link to the BMW video: "I asked BMWGenius to explain Adaptive Driving Mode in more detail, including whether or not it switches between comfort and sport depending on the situation. Here's what they said.
The Adaptive Driving Mode is a unique driving mode, separate from COMFORT, ECO PRO, and SPORT. While driving in Adaptive Driving Mode, the vehicle does not switch to COMFORT or SPORT mode automatically. However, characters of COMFORT or SPORT will be implemented, depending on the situation.

The vehicle is considering many factor to determine the optimal drive feel. Along with acceleration, steering, and speed, the vehicle is also factoring in driving conditions, braking, cornering speed, input from the xDrive system and Navigation data.

When the Navigation system has an active guidance, the Navigation data is used to anticipate curves, crossroads and type of street or road that you are driving on. For example, it can select the optimum transmission gear in advance, potentially enhancing efficiency.​

I responded with this:
One more question: Some have suggested that Adaptive Driving Mode learns how you drive over time and adjusts itself based on that history. Is that true? Or does it just adapt based on the current situation without regard to history?​

Here is what they (a different person) said:
In Adaptive mode, the following influences on the driving style are taken into account, among others:
• Longitudinal dynamics
• Current speed
• Pedal sensor position
• Cruise control (sensor data from ACC radar sensor) *If equipped
• Sport shift gate for automatic transmission
• Turn indicator
• Steering wheel movements
• Navigation data

"ADAPTIVE" reacts to the current driving style. The affected control units can change their parameters on the basis of the detected driving style. This system will not use previous driving tendencies to change settings for the current trip.​"

TurtleBoy - Haha ... not sure I can give a much better recap than what you provided
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 08:51 AM   #8
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Where in Bimmercode can you add additional ambient lighting colors? Is this something new?

With Bimmerlink don't you have to leave the OBD adapter plugged in for the exhaust flap to remain open? I thought Bimmerlink can only be used while the OBD adapter is plugged in. As soon as you unplug it doesn't it revert back to the default setting?
It's not really adding colors, but mostly just changing the colors already availble to you. So you can change the Blue/Blue combo in iDrive to whatever color you want. However in iDrive it will still show Blue/Blue but based on your coding you can have it be any color. If you search the forum, there's several threads already covering this.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:29 PM   #9
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's not really adding colors, but mostly just changing the colors already availble to you. So you can change the Blue/Blue combo in iDrive to whatever color you want. However in iDrive it will still show Blue/Blue but based on your coding you can have it be any color. If you search the forum, there's several threads already covering this.
I don't believe I saw anything that specifically related to "Bimmercode" to do this programming.

The Op is specifically talking about "Bimmercode" and not other programming methods such as Esys, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 10:01 PM   #10
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
I don't believe I saw anything that specifically related to "Bimmercode" to do this programming.

The Op is specifically talking about "Bimmercode" and not other programming methods such as Esys, etc.
DIY: Change Ambient Lighting Colors For G05 X5 / G06 X6 to New Colors & Combos https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1738645

This is what you're looking for. Out of BimmerCode (albeit in expert mode)
      01-27-2021, 10:04 PM   #11
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smomin23 View Post
DIY: Change Ambient Lighting Colors For G05 X5 / G06 X6 to New Colors & Combos https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1738645

Thank you. I guess I missed this with all the other coding discussions in addition to Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 10:08 PM   #12
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smomin23 View Post

Thank you. I guess I missed this with all the other coding discussions in addition to Bimmercode.
No stress. Happens to the best of us!
      03-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #13
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

These are some of my favorite options:

BimmerCode
- One touch turn signal 5 times active
- Default driving mode eco pro individual
- Rear mirror tilt value 50%
- Warning at startup not active
- Driver’s seat belt reminder not active
- Initial seat belt reminder after start not active
- Start animation M
- Display layout M
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2021, 07:24 PM   #14
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post

BimmerCode
- One touch turn signal 5 times active
- Default driving mode eco pro individual
- Rear mirror tilt value 50%
- Warning at startup not active
- Driver’s seat belt reminder not active
- Initial seat belt reminder after start not active
- Start animation M
- Display layout M
I tried to code 5 times turn but it does not work. Shows up in bimmercode as active but it still only flashes 3 times. 2021 X6MC 11/2020.38

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 07:37 PM   #15
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Discovered these recently and they've become my favourites.

1) Adding B&W Sound Profiles to the HK Sound System. It works great. I coded Option 1 & 2 below

2) Adding the M logo to the dash under the camera

Sound Profiles

Option 1 - (Using bimmercode) HU MGU HEADUNIT expert mode look for AUDIO-SYSTEM then change the parameters from alev2-Ram to alev4-Ram code to achieve a working Bowers and Wilkins settings and working equalizer

Option 2 - (Using Bimmercode) HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE. Change the value from whatever it is to volle_insz and code.Cycle the vehicle on/off after the coding is complete and you'll notice that Bang & Olufsen now sits at the top of the Tone menu. If you select this option, you'll have your choice of two DSPs: Studio and Expanded. Expanded does improve the sound even of the base Hi-Fi.

M LOGO only

3001 KI_PARAMETER
LOGO_SCHRIFTZUG
MSP_LOGO

M Font (wasn't a fan of the font)

DKombi4
Expert Mode
3001 KI_Parameter
AG_MPA_MSP_VIEW
MPA_ANSICHT_260_SKALA
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 5
LexxM31697.50
hufington3118.50
sd306379.50
      03-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #16
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I tried to code 5 times turn but it does not work. Shows up in bimmercode as active but it still only flashes 3 times. 2021 X6MC 11/2020.38
Unlike the other features this is not automatically added, just the feature is. After coding it you have to go into your settings to activate it.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 09:15 AM   #17
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Unlike the other features this is not automatically added, just the feature is. After coding it you have to go into your settings to activate it.
Thanks Dr. Works now

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 03:51 PM   #18
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
I don't see any option to change chime sound. I've seen other BMW Model options to change to Mini or Rolls Royce chime sound. Maybe we don't have that feature?

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 06:01 PM   #19
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I don't see any option to change chime sound. I've seen other BMW Model options to change to Mini or Rolls Royce chime sound. Maybe we don't have that feature?
i'm interested in this as well. BMW default warning chime is harsh IMO
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 05:37 PM   #20
chuckins9
2021 X5 M50i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

I thought BimmerCode could open the exhaust flap so you could pull the fuse? What fuse do you pull?

Why do we need to use a different app for this?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 06:27 PM   #21
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckins9 View Post
I thought BimmerCode could open the exhaust flap so you could pull the fuse? What fuse do you pull?

Why do we need to use a different app for this?
Flap control is not coding but rather a live parameter. If you like Bimmercode, same dev makes Bimmerlink for live parameter monitoring, flap control, error code clearing, etc. — that will do it. Note that you open the flap with Bimmerlink once the motor is running, not in diagnostic mode like coding. Or you can take a mechanical approach by disconnecting the pin that goes from flap solenoid to flap and tie the flap in the open position. There are a few other techniques.
      05-06-2021, 01:20 PM   #22
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 M50i

Quote:

BimmerCode
- Start animation M
- Display layout M