BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-20-2020, 03:02 AM   #1
c_hri_s
Private
23
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 (G05)
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Fuel Filler door sticking

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I took my car in because my fuel filler door was sticking (the metal door). I got emailed a video from the technician that said, yeah - it's a known issue. And then got my car delivered back to me with the issue still present.

Is this really the case or do I need to send it back and shout a bit?

Here's the video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn7wfb1lm7kbr50/BMW.mp4?dl=0

Last edited by c_hri_s; 02-20-2020 at 03:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 05:17 AM   #2
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
RVAGuy's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
412
Posts

Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Richmond, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
After filling my car yesterday I noticed the hinge can twist a bit if you push the door close at one of the corners rather than in the middle. Made a mental note to be careful opening and closing.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
Pro55
Private First Class
65
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Midlands UK

iTrader: (0)

Yeh mine sticks as well. Actually i dont think it even fits properly. Might get them to look at it when it goes in for first service in about 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:18 AM   #4
randybobandy
Rick James
randybobandy's Avatar
274
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Thought it was just me. You really need to hit it at the right location. As mentioned above, I think the portion of the door closest to the front of the vehicle is no flush. The bottom right seems way off. I thought it was me forgetting to unlock!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #5
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
RVAGuy's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
412
Posts

Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Richmond, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Thought it was just me. You really need to hit it at the right location. As mentioned above, I think the portion of the door closest to the front of the vehicle is no flush. The bottom right seems way off. I thought it was me forgetting to unlock!
It struck me that the spring opening the door is stronger than the hinge holding the door.

If you press the top left corner to open, the bottom left corner swings out more than the top as the hinge twists. I'm going to press the middle left section of the door in the future to see if that resolves.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #6
randybobandy
Rick James
randybobandy's Avatar
274
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

RVAGuy it's just another minor thing. Thankfully, BMW still uses a filler cap instead of the anti-siphon ones. I noticed on the anti-siphon ones, the doors were rock solid and opened/closed in any circumstance.

This and the closure of the rear doors are blah. Thankfully, I use the driver's door 100% of the time, so I hear that space door like thud.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 09:44 AM   #7
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
RVAGuy's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
412
Posts

Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Richmond, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
RVAGuy it's just another minor thing. Thankfully, BMW still uses a filler cap instead of the anti-siphon ones. I noticed on the anti-siphon ones, the doors were rock solid and opened/closed in any circumstance.

This and the closure of the rear doors are blah. Thankfully, I use the driver's door 100% of the time, so I hear that space door like thud.
I'm not familiar with a rear door issue as I rarely use other than when cleaning the car and both have soft close doors, which we love.

I'm concerned that the casual observer may misinterpret our "nitpicking" about fuel doors, wrinkles, software, dings etc. as complaints. We don't spend much energy boasting how much we ABSOLUTELY LOVE the power, handling and luxury feel the vehicle offers. After three weeks since delivery we're very pleased with our selection and appreciative of the assistance this forum offers making the experience that much more enjoyable.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:37 PM   #8
randybobandy
Rick James
randybobandy's Avatar
274
Rep
763
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
I'm not familiar with a rear door issue as I rarely use other than when cleaning the car and both have soft close doors, which we love.

I'm concerned that the casual observer may misinterpret our "nitpicking" about fuel doors, wrinkles, software, dings etc. as complaints. We don't spend much energy boasting how much we ABSOLUTELY LOVE the power, handling and luxury feel the vehicle offers. After three weeks since delivery we're very pleased with our selection and appreciative of the assistance this forum offers making the experience that much more enjoyable.

Agreed. I love the vehicle, but like to point out stuff to make sure I am not going crazy. This forum doesn't help either!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST