BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-20-2024, 08:47 PM   #1
larsony99
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Emergency Lighting Setups?

So, I'm a big proponent of having some kind of additional lighting in place outside of just your hazards (I had a module that did this on my F-150).

I have a pre-LCI x40i M Sport, so I'm looking for places to mount LEDs that will be setup as emergency lights (I of course have not found any module like the Z Flasher that's available for BMWs).

Something like this is what I'm looking at installing, at leas in front. On the M Sport, I was thinking potentially of putting lights into the plastic pieces directly under the fog lights, mounted horizontally. I'm not sure if that would seem too low though? Without lights up higher to balance it out?

I also thought the side of the car, the fake vent behind the front fenders might be a good spot to mount a light as well.

On the rear, I don't really see any cheap plastic pieces that could be drilled into. I think the best bet would be to mount interior lights in the top of the rear window.

Anyone here installed any emergency strobe lighting for additional safety during roadside stops? If so, what does your setup look like? Also, what did you do for a switch? I want it to look as OEM as possible.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 08:06 AM   #2
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

I usually keep a couple of bike lights in the car for emergency lighting such as this one. Portable, can be placed anywhere including the roof and pretty bright - will last through an entire night if required.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00435IPFK

For good measure, its worth throwing in a head mounted lamp as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 08:32 PM   #3
larsony99
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlights View Post
I usually keep a couple of bike lights in the car for emergency lighting such as this one. Portable, can be placed anywhere including the roof and pretty bright - will last through an entire night if required.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00435IPFK

For good measure, its worth throwing in a head mounted lamp as well.
I prefer something that's actually mounted on the car, never needs batteries or needs to be recharged, and can just be turned on with one press of a button .
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 08:41 AM   #4
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsony99 View Post
I prefer something that's actually mounted on the car, never needs batteries or needs to be recharged, and can just be turned on with one press of a button .
Good luck with the installation. Please share with us when you have it installed.
Appreciate 0