Closed Thread

01-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #19625
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Southern California, video cameras, $160+/hr...Was this on a black leather couch by chance?
lmao. No. BUT there was a super sexy guy on my team.

We basically were in a room with other BMW drivers and paired up, asked to create our perfect BMW and what features it would have and yada yada. It was really fun. Something you'd do in high school is what it reminded me of.

If you ever get a chance to be put on the list, I suggest you do it.

They called me back for a second survey but I was pregnant and declined. They never called me again to do another

Last edited by Sara; 01-05-2016 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 08:31 AM   #19626
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Southern California, video cameras, $160+/hr...Was this on a black leather couch by chance?
I did that one, nobody was sleeping though. I'll never forget you, Suzie.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 08:37 AM   #19627
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
lmao. No. BUT there a super sexy guy on my team.

We basically were in a room with other BMW drivers and paired up, asked to create our perfect BMW and what features it would have and yada yada. It was really fun. Something you'd do in high school is what it reminded me of.

If you ever get a chance to be put on the list, I suggest you do it.

They called me back for a second survey but I was pregnant and declined. They never called me again to do another
Should have gone in and suggested only matronly things.

"I would like to see BMW start a minivan line. Must have dual sliding doors, power liftgate, and backseat entertainment system. Actually, you think you could just rebadge a Town & Country? That would be perfect. The ///Minivan."

Likely same result of never being called back though.
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 08:40 AM   #19628
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

That's why they never call me for another testing... Called once, didn't go, never called me again... All I want to do is add to the list of why can't their top engineers can't design some little fluffy cloud like device in between the center console and seat, so shit stops falling between... Cheaper cars have this already !!!
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #19629
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
That's why they never call me for another testing... Called once, didn't go, never called me again... All I want to do is add to the list of why can't their top engineers can't design some little fluffy cloud like device in between the center console and seat, so shit stops falling between... Cheaper cars have this already !!!
That happened to me at the drive thru, my card fell between my seat and the console. 5 minutes later, holding up the line, I got it out lol. ((No it wasnt my debit card, it was my customer loyalty rewards card and I wanted my damn points for that visit!))
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #19630
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Quote:
That happened to me as the drive thru, my card fell between my seat and the console. 5 minutes later, holding up the line, I got it out lol. ((No it wasnt my debit card, it was my customer loyalty rewards card and I wanted my damn points for that visit!))
A Lexus IS has this said pillow... It's so trivial, so cheap and it so works it's ridiculous...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #19631
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Fashion police alert
Oh, I'm bad.....
It's a nasty habit of mine. I blame my mother....
      01-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #19632
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
A Lexus IS has this said pillow... It's so trivial, so cheap and it so works it's ridiculous...
What does it look like. Google isnt showing me.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:19 AM   #19633
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Quote:
What does it look like. Google isnt showing me.
It's genius... Doesn't make noise when you move the seat because of the material, not weak enough where a cell phone will go through, any change will sit atop of the pillow or slide to feet, and if you have to get under there, you apply pressure to open up the pillow by moving it out of the way...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:24 AM   #19634
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
You guys don't watch enough late night informercials...

http://www.buydropstop.com

Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #19635
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Do you have trouble sleeping normally or you just wanted to participate in a paid study?

I did a paid study for BMW in 2013 in Orange County. It was fun. 90 mins of my time and they gave me a check for $250 plus they fed us well.
This wasn't a paid thing I do have trouble sleeping and I think it's related to my wife moving around, my dog and my arms go to sleep every 20 minutes or so. This test took me out of the environment I think is the problem and instead added all kinds of other issue. The sensors were stuck in my hair and beard with what feels like bubble gum so I stuck to the pillow and itched, the bed sucked, I move a decent amount but being tethered doesn't allow that and so on.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:29 AM   #19636
shoei
Banned
Rep

Missing the point there Wah... It blends in, can't notice it and it's free !!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #19637
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Quote:
Do you have trouble sleeping normally or you just wanted to participate in a paid study?

I did a paid study for BMW in 2013 in Orange County. It was fun. 90 mins of my time and they gave me a check for $250 plus they fed us well.
This wasn't a paid thing I do have trouble sleeping and I think it's related to my wife moving around, my dog and my arms go to sleep every 20 minutes or so. This test took me out of the environment I think is the problem and instead added all kinds of other issue. The sensors were stuck in my hair and beard with what feels like bubble gum so I stuck to the pillow and itched, the bed sucked, I move a decent amount but being tethered doesn't allow that and so on.
So basically, what you are saying is, you had a terrible night sleep??
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #19638
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
You guys don't watch enough late night informercials...

http://www.buydropstop.com

I watch CNN, Disney, and HGTV Property Brothers...thats the extent of television.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #19639
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Nyquil.

Boom problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #19640
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So basically, what you are saying is, you had a terrible night sleep??
Right and somehow that's supposed to tell the doctors anything. I'm in medicine and it all seems like a crock. One step from hack sawing off limbs. I have no faith in medicine and can diagnose problem better than all the tests they do. It's just a moneymaking sceme.
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #19641
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nyquil.

Boom problem solved.
Booze works too. Problem is I can take a power nap and be good for a long time so if I sleep 2 hrs and wake up my body thinks it's good to go until much later but it affects me later then.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #19642
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Right and somehow that's supposed to tell the doctors anything. I'm in medicine and it all seems like a crock. One step from hack sawing off limbs. I have no faith in medicine and can diagnose problem better than all the tests they do. It's just a moneymaking sceme.
Get some Grand Daddy Kush and smoke it from a volcano vaporizer and I can put about $100 down you'd fall asleep and wake up in the morning feeling like a $1,000,000.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:37 AM   #19643
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Good plan. Getting tested could severely hurt me though.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:40 AM   #19644
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Which is a stupid law to begin with, but I digress.

Prescription pills are worse, imo.
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #19645
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius
Quote:
Which is a stupid law to begin with, but I digress.

Prescription pills are worse, imo.
There is nothing like finding a long expired Vicodin or two...
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #19646
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Booze works too. Problem is I can take a power nap and be good for a long time so if I sleep 2 hrs and wake up my body thinks it's good to go until much later but it affects me later then.
I've had "broken" sleep since I was 7 months pregnant. Even on nights when I dont have my child,my body still wakes up at 1-2am to change her diaper. I have not had one solid night of uninterrupted sleep in 2 years now....

I feel your pain
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread