BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-11-2021, 07:29 PM   #1
stethant
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 xDrive35i Premium

MY21 X5 x40i hung up

X5 custom ordered May 15 in Boston and at the time not a great deal: 5.5% off MSRP + incentives (wasn't stalking this site then to know better).

Went into production beginning of June and has been stuck at "Quality Check" since June 4. CA's best guess is that it's a parts issue - Geniuses have tried to be helpful but no real insights from them on what precisely is going on.

I'll attach the build below. I think it may have been one of the last cars to go into production with Premium Package 2 and I'm wondering if the remote start, wireless charging, or wifi hotspot parts are the problem.

I mention all this to ask: can they start making MY22s before all the MY21s are off the line?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Sorry to hear that yours is hung up. Your CA's guess is probably it. As far as I know they don't communicate with dealers or the Genius line concerning why a vehicle is stuck in quality check.

If for some reason yours is still in QC at the SOP of MY22, that won't stop them from starting production on the new model year. Hopefully your's clears QC soon and you won't have to worry about it.
      07-18-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
stethant
Registered
Rep

Updates: CA reached out to "area manager" who said they are not giving updates on individual vehicles. He thinks it's a part so we just have to wait.

BMW Genius has tried in vain and has no eyes on the target - can't get any info on what's going on.

If it's just my car no worries I'll wait or walk away eventually. If this is a larger parts issue then all you MY22 order people better keep an ear/eye out.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 10:10 PM   #4
iceRN09
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Xdrive, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stethant View Post
Updates: CA reached out to "area manager" who said they are not giving updates on individual vehicles. He thinks it's a part so we just have to wait.

BMW Genius has tried in vain and has no eyes on the target - can't get any info on what's going on.

If it's just my car no worries I'll wait or walk away eventually. If this is a larger parts issue then all you MY22 order people better keep an ear/eye out.
Its probably the wireless charging that is holding you up.. What dealership in Boston have you talk to? Actually, your deal is pretty decent at this time. The best the dealers can offer right now is Invoice plus the Incentive on APR. which if you ordered in may is hella better than what it is now.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 09:09 AM   #5
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:

My '21 X5M was scheduled for production this week but has reverted to order received. I believe a parts supply/delay issue. Curious to see if the production number will move to a '22.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 08:24 AM   #6
stethant
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceRN09 View Post
Its probably the wireless charging that is holding you up.. What dealership in Boston have you talk to? Actually, your deal is pretty decent at this time. The best the dealers can offer right now is Invoice plus the Incentive on APR. which if you ordered in may is hella better than what it is now.
This was the Herb Chambers dealership. To give some context, until my recent Tesla I only bought used cars but thought the used car prices looked nuts - this was back in May. They haven't gotten better, of course.

I reached out to the BMW dealership one weekend and the short version is the first price they offered me was 10.5% off MSRP but that included incentives. I wasn't following this forum back then to know better.

BUT...and here was the key point for me: the dealership's initial offer on a new MY21 X5 x40i was $10,000 less than a low mileage used car - 2020 or 2021 - through Carmax. Literally 10 grand.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 02:30 PM   #7
iceRN09
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Xdrive, X5 M50i

Quote:
This was the Herb Chambers dealership. To give some context, until my recent Tesla I only bought used cars but thought the used car prices looked nuts - this was back in May. They haven't gotten better, of course.

I reached out to the BMW dealership one weekend and the short version is the first price they offered me was 10.5% off MSRP but that included incentives. I wasn't following this forum back then to know better.

BUT...and here was the key point for me: the dealership's initial offer on a new MY21 X5 x40i was $10,000 less than a low mileage used car - 2020 or 2021 - through Carmax. Literally 10 grand.
I got 12K off my X5 40i which i traded for an M50i a month and half later. Which I got 12 K off too.
Appreciate 0