BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-19-2022, 01:29 PM   #45
6ergsm
Rep
Drives: BMW E30 M3, E90 M3, X5 2020

Is it possible to get only the emulator?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 12:00 PM   #46
Shawzy44
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ergsm View Post
Is it possible to get only the emulator?
Likely.

Contact the guys at "Group Buy Car Parts" on Facebook. They are based in Malaysia.

2024 BMW X1 28i
2023 BMW X3 M40i
2019 BMW 440iX M Performance Cabriolet
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 07:27 AM   #47
beezer86
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 xDrive40, e30, e46, e92

is the emulator a BMW part or something made to trick the system to work?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 02:01 AM   #48
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Just wanted to follow up. Who here successfully retrofitted ACC to G01/G05? I only have the standard dynamic cruise control but I'm wondering if stop and go ACC will be useful and justified the $1-1.5k. I live in an area with heavy traffic but I work from home so normally I avoid the traffic, and I just use the flipper to adjust the speed in slow traffic above 20 mph and just manually press gas/brake below that.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 04:30 AM   #49
superkrups20056
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawzy44 View Post
I have successfully retrofitted ACC w/ Stop & Go on my 2019 X5. For about $2000 usd all in.

I ordered the kit from "Group Buy Car Parts" on Facebook. They are based in Malaysia.

The kit came with everything needed.
I paid my mechanic to install.

It took 4 hours for the wiring and radar unit install and 2 hours for them to program and calibrate.

I couldn't be happier with the results.

I'd post a video but it's OEM functionality and there are a ton already on YouTube.

I can also dm the install instructions I made if that would be helpful to others.
Hi Kevin,

Now that you've had this system for a couple years, have you had any issues with it? Specifically with car battery drain (as it's an emulator)? I've just inquired Group Buy Car Parts about current pricing. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 07:57 AM   #50
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Good news!

Unfortunately, I sold my X5 prior to install.

I have the kit - I do not have the lower grill.

I’ll sell my 1k - team in Malaysia will code for you.

PM if interested. thank you
      06-15-2023, 03:22 PM   #51
Shawzy44
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkrups20056 View Post
Hi Kevin,

Now that you've had this system for a couple years, have you had any issues with it? Specifically with car battery drain (as it's an emulator)? I've just inquired Group Buy Car Parts about current pricing. Thanks!
Zero issues. Works perfect. I highly recommend it for driving is stop and go traffic.

2024 BMW X1 28i
2023 BMW X3 M40i
2019 BMW 440iX M Performance Cabriolet
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2023, 05:48 PM   #52
R34L15T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 30d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iUSN View Post
Good news!

Unfortunately, I sold my X5 prior to install.

I have the kit - I do not have the lower grill.

I’ll sell my 1k - team in Malaysia will code for you.

PM if interested. thank you
Hi, What does the kit include exactly? I couldn't find their website to see the full listing of this kit.
      06-22-2023, 07:44 AM   #53
superkrups20056
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawzy44 View Post
Zero issues. Works perfect. I highly recommend it for driving is stop and go traffic.
Who ended up installing it for you? Are you in the LA area? I just moved here and am calling around. I’ve will have secured it from 135iUSN (thanks!) when it ships!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 07:46 PM   #54
superkrups20056
Private
No_Country
Rep

I just want to chime in again that I got this installed about a month ago and it works perfectly! Super happy with the results.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 10:08 AM   #55
kevm50d
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50D 2019

Hi all.

So I was about to walk away from a mint M50D because it lacked this "must have" feature (I commute in motorway speed camera enforced traffic every day). First thing I did was call main dealer and of course they told me it was impossible even after I quoted my VIN and they checked all the options I already have.

I then contacted Group Buy. They were honestly quite rude in the chat - but I put that down to language. What was weird is their refusal to share what you are actually getting for your 1200€. Quote : "First you pay - then we tell you". When I wrote that this was strange they replied . "If you find us strange then walk away - we got what you need". Felt a little like some illicit drugs deal

Actually here's what I think. My car already has the grill with radar. Maybe not the right one, who knows till I take it apart.... but I was thinking, maybe they have had clients in the past that buy the kit. Realise they have a duplicate part, and then complain/ask for a refund. But then, surely they should check first what you have and prepare the kit accordingly? I guess that then becomes more complicated for them.

That said, if we have a number of happy customers here then maybe it's enough that they send the OEM parts (assuming that they are) and I get my mechanics to use the great document kindly uploaded by Shawzy44. But then I read the document ...

Only thing that worries me now is this 'emulator' topic. What's this doing? Is it an original part? If (God forbid) your car is in an accident and they discover some kind of weird non-standard emulator is fitted to your car in such a critical function (ie. decides the speed that the car travels) - could this give the insurers an excuse not to pay out? Of course the bigger concern should be, and is, what happens if this emulator box fails, and puts the lives of the passenger in danger?

...but the car is so nice in every other aspect, I'm torn...

Cheers, Kevin

Last edited by kevm50d; 09-04-2023 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 01:54 AM   #56
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm50d View Post
Hi all.

So I was about to walk away from a mint M50D because it lacked this "must have" feature (I commute in motorway speed camera enforced traffic every day). First thing I did was call main dealer and of course they told me it was impossible even after I quoted my VIN and they checked all the options I already have.

I then contacted Group Buy. They were honestly quite rude in the chat - but I put that down to language. What was weird is their refusal to share what you are actually getting for your 1200€. Quote : "First you pay - then we tell you". When I wrote that this was strange they replied . "If you find us strange then walk away - we got what you need". Felt a little like some illicit drugs deal

Actually here's what I think. My car already has the grill with radar. Maybe not the right one, who knows till I take it apart.... but I was thinking, maybe they have had clients in the past that buy the kit. Realise they have a duplicate part, and then complain/ask for a refund. But then, surely they should check first what you have and prepare the kit accordingly? I guess that then becomes more complicated for them.

That said, if we have a number of happy customers here then maybe it's enough that they send the OEM parts (assuming that they are) and I get my mechanics to use the great document kindly uploaded by Shawzy44. But then I read the document ...

Only thing that worries me now is this 'emulator' topic. What's this doing? Is it an original part? If (God forbid) your car is in an accident and they discover some kind of weird non-standard emulator is fitted to your car in such a critical function (ie. decides the speed that the car travels) - could this give the insurers an excuse not to pay out? Of course the bigger concern should be, and is, what happens if this emulator box fails, and puts the lives of the passenger in danger?

...but the car is so nice in every other aspect, I'm torn...

Cheers, Kevin
I had the same experience with Group Buy and EleBest PTE. The request for up front $1200 without telling me what im receiving feels like a scam, but then I cross checked with a big auto shop in China called JingCheHui who also quoting ~$1200 (9000 RMB) for parts, labor and coding.

For $1200 I know I’m not gain even half that in resale value, probably even decrease resale if there’s issues. I also don’t want any of the hands free lane centering or lane change, just the plain and simple ACC with stop and go. My 2022 already has 22600 miles, so I’m thinking about selling it once it hits 36000 in a year to a BMW enthusiast and switch to top trim Mazda or Hyundai that has these features without the exorbitant price tag, as well as better MPG and lower cost of maintenance.
Appreciate 0