BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-24-2022, 03:10 PM   #1
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Anyone Cross Shop or Previously Own an RS6?

Debating between these two platforms. I know that the RS6 is more of a sled where the X5M is more of a drivers car. Would definitely like to hear some feedback from anyone that has experience with both vehicles. Have had 20+ BMW's including multiple M cars, but also a huge fan of wagons and the RS6 has been on my bucket list of cars to own if they ever made it to the US.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 06:42 PM   #2
El_zorro
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6m

Garage List
2022 X6M  [0.00]
I did. Disappointed with local Audi dealership, cost or MSRP + uplift, less horsepower but wanting more money than my X6MC...I told them to pound sand. I too like wagons!
Appreciate 1
GotBeemed415.50
      08-25-2022, 07:35 PM   #3
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997 911, F95 X5M Competition

Personally, I was shopping for the RSQ8 when I was comparing it to my current X5MC. I found the following in summary:

- Audi has ALOT more customization (individual options) than BMW.
- Audi up charges common features found on many base vehicles like Porsche
- Audi is slower and is much quieter stock than BMW.
- Audi's price point goes beyond reason when you cross-reference the options to a fully loaded X5MC.
- I had to settle for the sloping rear roof line with the RSQ8 like the X6MC.
- Touch screen buttons for all controls in the cabin compared to a healthy combo in the BMW

In the end, there were too many cons to getting the Audi product I was looking at, however, you are comparing a vehicle I did not so your mileage may vary. In any case, good luck.

I have over 20K miles on my X5MC and I have smoked one local RSQ8 on the highway on more than one occasion.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
Bart@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

I have both. The RS6 wagon was my dream car for as long as I can remember. Being euro spec only, I could never get one before. I have been an M owner for decades, so BMW M is in my blood. It's hard to compare these two cars. They are very different. One is a true SUV (think 2 kids, plus their junk in the back), and the other is a wagon (yes, it's roomy, but not an SUV). The kids have much more room in the X5M, they can stand up and stretch out, in the RS6 they can't do that. Both cars are amazing, if it comes to performance, the RS6 is a little faster, sure, but the X5M is no slug.

I will leave you with this. When driving the RS6, you will sometimes say to yourself, I wish I had a LITTLE more room. In the X5M, you will never say, I wish I had LESS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
iconoclast7265.50
Chas8283351.50
Salespunk1745.00
KB7120.00
M4Tejas788.00
keg97166.50
      08-26-2022, 05:00 PM   #5
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart@AUTOcouture View Post
I have both. The RS6 wagon was my dream car for as long as I can remember. Being euro spec only, I could never get one before. I have been an M owner for decades, so BMW M is in my blood. It's hard to compare these two cars. They are very different. One is a true SUV (think 2 kids, plus their junk in the back), and the other is a wagon (yes, it's roomy, but not an SUV). The kids have much more room in the X5M, they can stand up and stretch out, in the RS6 they can't do that. Both cars are amazing, if it comes to performance, the RS6 is a little faster, sure, but the X5M is no slug.

I will leave you with this. When driving the RS6, you will sometimes say to yourself, I wish I had a LITTLE more room. In the X5M, you will never say, I wish I had LESS.
Great data points. I am similar that the RS6 has been a bucket list item for me for quite a while. Have also been driving M cars for a long time.

Appreciate the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 07:53 AM   #6
PunsGalore
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Great data points. I am similar that the RS6 has been a bucket list item for me for quite a while. Have also been driving M cars for a long time.

Appreciate the feedback!
What did you end up getting?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 02:38 PM   #7
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunsGalore View Post
What did you end up getting?
I just have an iX right now, but I am going to put it up on Swap a Lease soon. Don't really need it any longer due to a role change at work.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 06:47 AM   #8
Falcon900
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M, M760, Alpina B7

I read that BMW is bringing back the M5 wagon, it might be interesting.
Appreciate 0