BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #45
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I believe the center caps will be color-matched in satin bronze, but I'm not 100% sure. Truthfully, I didn't even ask. My "hope" is that I'll be able to re-install my floating centercaps. If not, I'll likely start searching for a BMW set that fits "whatever" size hole the wheels come with. I've never been a big fan of various "branding" of aftermarket parts on my car. We'll see what happens. It'll probably be a mystery until they arrive.

Regarding the "size".... I actually don't like the look of the OEM 22s. IMO, they don't look "deep" enough, as they have almost no... "concavity" (Is that a word? Lol). IMO, because they are taller, with a lower profile tire, it actually gives the illusion that they are "thinner" than my 21s. I know they aren't, but they "look" that way to me. My thought, is that I couldn't justify the price, unless I went "all out" with wheels that were wider than what came stock. A few extra lbs? Ehh... I probably will barely notice it, if at all.
I agree, the deep dish profile looks way better.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 04:04 AM   #46
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDave View Post
I agree, the deep dish profile looks way better.
Deep, concave wheels.... and "busy, complex" wheels.

I've seen hundreds of pictures of X5s with minimal-spoke wheels, or "thin" spokes wheels. Lots of empty space.... and the car just looks "top heavy" to me. I think wheels with smaller gaps and more material, just look better on an X5.

Here's the difference I mean. The thinner spoked wheels just don't look right IMO.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 04:42 PM   #47
Aaron9k
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2019 GT3rs

I honestly think both would look really good. But me personally I would go with the satin bronze because I prefer my wheel colors a little more subtle.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 03:11 AM   #48
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron9k View Post
I honestly think both would look really good. But me personally I would go with the satin bronze because I prefer my wheel colors a little more subtle.
Thanks!

Yea..... I did end up buying the satin bronze set. I really do like the gold.... was just afraid it would end up being a bit too "blingy".

6-8 week lead time..... plus shipping time. It'll probably be a couple months at least, before I see them.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 03:56 AM   #49
Aaron9k
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2019 GT3rs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron9k View Post
Thanks!

Yea..... I did end up buying the satin bronze set. I really do like the gold.... was just afraid it would end up being a bit too "blingy".

6-8 week lead time..... plus shipping time. It'll probably be a couple months at least, before I see them.
I'm excited to see them on. Keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #50
Chloros
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Thanks!

Just got my notification that my wheels are in. Should have them next week and i ended up going with Gold. Satin Bronze didn't sit well with me since i have a White X5.
Appreciate 0