BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #67
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytexter View Post
How do I generate this XML myself? Is it in E-Sys?
These?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #68
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
How do I generate this XML myself? Is it in E-Sys?
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]These[/COLOR]?
Not able to register.
      11-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #69
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Does anyone know of a way to code to automatically engage the parkingbrake when putting the transmission in park?

Also, does anyone know how to code the ASS to off by default or ASS memory in ECO mode?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #70
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Not able to register.
You do not have to be registered to view postings. You only need to be registered to view attachments and post replies.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 10:29 PM   #71
tommytexter
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340ix

Quote:
Quote:
Not able to register.
You do not have to be registered to view postings. You only need to be registered to view attachments and post replies.
It must be i was on mobile or something. It loads now. Thank u .
      11-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #72
anuj452
2019 X5 40i
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

I recently got my s/w updated from 07/2019.53 to 07/2019.70
When i tried to code the Driver Assistance View using e-sys it could not read the CAFD file for DKOMBI4. I was able to code other functions like Auto_Start_Stop Memory, disable legal disclaimers etc..

Is this a PSdZdata file issue? I am using PSdZdata: v4.19.30

Below is the error i saw
Attached Images

11-19-2019, 08:58 PM   #73
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj452 View Post
When i tried to code the Driver Assistance View using e-sys it could not read the CAFD file for DKOMBI4. I was able to code other functions like Auto_Start_Stop Memory, disable legal disclaimers etc..

Below is the error i saw
Might be. Last I've seen floating around is v4.20.30. See PM
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #74
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Below is the error i saw
Shawn replied to message on BF. Update is needed.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:12 PM   #75
anuj452
2019 X5 40i
Rep

Thanks, was able to read CAFD file after updating the PSdZdata to v4.20.30

Quote:
Shawn replied to message on BF. Update is needed.
      11-20-2019, 06:03 PM   #76
x5TXguyG05
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x5 (GO5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Great news.

Does latest launcher pro have fdl mappings for the new G05/G07 modules in including MGU?

Is Eli finally responding to new token requests?
Yes and yes.

I just got Video in Motion unlocked today and updated the cheat code list. Waiting for the changes to be merged from my repo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Great news.

Does latest launcher pro have fdl mappings for the new G05/G07 modules in including MGU?

Is Eli finally responding to new token requests?
Yes and yes.

I just got Video in Motion unlocked today and updated the cheat code list. Waiting for the changes to be merged from my repo.
Coding in IDrive is new to me, so just tying to get started with ideas of what can be done. Is there a good place to learn how to get started?

Does this coding and changes we make to the IDrive cancel the warranty?
      11-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #77
anuj452
2019 X5 40i
Rep

Not really, none of the coding changes are visible to the technician who is in a rush to fix the issues and get the car out of way...

my car has been twice into the service after coding and no issues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5TXguyG05 View Post
Coding in IDrive is new to me, so just tying to get started with ideas of what can be done. Is there a good place to learn how to get started?

11-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #78
x5TXguyG05
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Not really, none of the coding changes are visible to the technician who is in a rush to fix the issues and get the car out of way...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you. Any suggestions on where to go to get started? Have or anyone found a way to code the memory of ASS button?
      11-21-2019, 04:09 AM   #79
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
I would expect it could cancel the warranty if identified and potentially invalidate insurance too.

Whether or not any interested party would notice is another matter. If your car is in for an issue that your local dealer cant resolve and they have to send ISTA logs/connect to BMW HQ remotely, then they will be able to identify if coding has taken place. How they react to that will be determined by the type of coding and individuals involved.

The car records lots of data that is invisible to the average user but can be read using diagnostic tools.

It's good practice to mitigate the risk by backing out any coding and FA changes prior to a scheduled visit, and to clear any error/status messages using ISTA or esys transmitter.

It's the unscheduled visits I worry about. An accident or breakdown where the vehicle is recovered direct to the dealership. You have no control then and if you have Alpina dash greeting the occupants, what happens next?
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 05:38 AM   #80
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you. Any suggestions on where to go to get started? Have or anyone found a way to code the memory of ASS button?
Google search: "coding no request" will get you to another forum's thread with loads of information on using esys. Download the pdf files that are there with somewhat outdated guides, but it'll teach you all you need to get started.
ASS can be coded to remember last setting so it doesn't go to on by default. This can also be done with BimmerCode, a much more simple way not requiring any "studying", but you don't have as many options yet.
Appreciate 2
VTENGR1043.50
      11-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #81
x5TXguyG05
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Google search: "coding no request" will get you to another forum's thread with loads of information on using esys. Download the pdf files that are there with somewhat outdated guides, but it'll teach you all you need to get started.
ASS can be coded to remember last setting so it doesn't go to on by default. This can also be done with BimmerCode, a much more simple way not requiring any "studying", but you don't have as many options yet.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks!
      11-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #82
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
There is no way to prove any 'coding' took place. It's software, you could always claim the car 'crashed' and when it restarted it was in that state, and they would have zero way of proving you wrong. It's not like you have a separate box attached to the car, you are just tweaking settings that is /part of their software/ sometime just /barely/ outside the envelope.

For example, I consider the 'assisted drive view' option to be my due. My car was built 31th of July, and cars from the 1 august got it, same hardware. I'm not abusing any hardware here, just tweaking one options.

All of these are 'settings files' -despite the name, there's no ''code" anywhere- if they can be written, they can be corrupted at any point, and any combination of stuff might show up. It's HIGHLY UNLIKELY but then again, so are the bugs that plague the system anwyay... You know the ones they claim don't exist.
      11-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #83
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

I guess they wouldn't have to prove whether coding took place or not. They just invalidate the warranty or refuse a no charge repair. Then it would be up to the customer to prove they were wrong to do that, possibly involving civil court action and BMW engineer vs customer expert witness.

You'd have a job on convincing an arbiter that 1 or more codes suddenly corrupted in such a way that the hex changed specifically to another hex value without impacting the behaviour of any other codes, or the ECU.

Some of the published coding options can negatively impact safety, some improve it. Some can potentially increase the wear and tear on the car. Some are just innocuous such as the driving view.

I don't think it's in BMWs interest to penalise customers for minor coding issues, but if it came down to a legal issue or an expensive repair, I'd still worry.

Unless you unselect the privacy telemetry options, the car is telling BMW its current configuration to check if its in a fit state for an OTA update. That has to include current FA matched against VIN, to ensure there are no enabled options that are unsupported by the update. This data is time stamped.

I agree that the majority of these codes should be available to customers via a supported idrive interface menu. Region locked features should also be available where legal and tested. I particularly dislike making new features only available to customers of a new MY just to boost sales.

My view is simple - I take full responsibility for all coding and know its not allowed by the manufacturer. I don't draw attention by coding cosmetic changes and I always back out changes and clear coding records from the car's diags before visiting the dealer. I can't do anything about the telemetry without some other constraints, so trust that BMW have no inclination to review the data for any purpose other than providing service.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2019, 07:04 AM   #84
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Has anyone seen any codes for increasing the amount of time that you can keep your hands off the wheel during Assisted Driving before the system shuts down?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 12:48 AM   #85
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusHoy View Post
Has anyone seen any codes for increasing the amount of time that you can keep your hands off the wheel during Assisted Driving before the system shuts down?
Someone posted codes over in G12 subforum.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 07:46 AM   #86
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you referring to this thread ?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #87
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe this, let me know if it works:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:10 AM   #88
AtticusHoy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe this, let me know if it works:
I'm going to connect E-sys up in a few and take a look, but just reading that comes off as nonsensical to me. But I'm supppperrr new to all this.

I'll go change some wertes and let you know.
Appreciate 1
homerrr132.00