01-15-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 M50i

How to get E-Sys Launcher Pro?

I followed the instructions from this thread

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983244

Made the $50 donation per tokenmaster's instructions.

In order to obtain Launcher PRO 3.x, you MUST contact the Developer, TokenMaster at

Launcher PRO 3.x is “Donationware”. That is to say that in exchange for your verified charitable
donation (to a legitimate Charity; not the Developer) you can receive Launcher PRO 3.x. Per
TokenMaster:

“If you want to use Launcher PRO, I accept a donation of US$50 or more as a primary form of payment
for
2.5 years validity. You can donate to your local Children's Hospital or Breast Cancer institute and
send me the receipt (email confirmation, no edited/redacted screenshots, absolutely no
manual/scanned receipts please). If you don't have any of these, then to your charity of choice. If
you think it's an inconvenience, then you can also PayPal (discrete, absolutely NO notes or
comments or donation/payment indicator, US$ currency if possible) it to me at est4bmw@gmail.com and
I will add it to my donation to St Jude Children's Hospital (http://www.stjude.org) and Breast
Cancer Research Foundation (https://give.bcrfcure.org/checkout/d...8223&amount=50). 100% of the
proceeds goes to these two foundations on 60/40 split. You can also donate to the above foundations
yourself.

If you choose to use PayPal, select "Payment for service" and do not add any notes or comments
other than your email address, if different from your PayPal ID. Never add the words "Donation" or
"Payment". PayPal will block the transaction if there is a note and you will have to deal with them
yourself.
Make a difference and help make this world a little better place to live in.

I made the Paypal donation on December 22nd, 2019.

I have emailed tokenmaster at the above address and have not received any response.

Is this still a valid software solution or has tokenmaster's email address changed?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Hi Bigtop,

I have been trying to contact token Master over last two months to get the license sent him the donation list but no response. Finally gave up and bought eSysX. That was pretty instant got my license in less than 24 hours.

I am not promoting eSysX but I have been in the same boat waited for 2 months and still no response.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 05:08 PM   #3
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

I tried a year ago, after 2+ months of no response gave up also and filed a claim and got my money back from paypal. EsysX is the quicker easier way to go if a bit more money, TokenMaster routinely for years has been very unreliable at times, sometimes for like 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:55 PM   #4
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep

Bummer!

Will ESysX work with a 2020 G05 M50i?

The regular ESys Launcher does not.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
TN_3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
I am in the same boat. Sent the donation to TM a month ago...nothing. I've since downloaded BimmerCode,which has allowed me to code a few basic things, but I miss the full functionality of E-Sys. Looking into EsysX as well.

2020 X5 M50i G05 l MW l BLACK l PREM l DHP l 22” l PARK l EXT S-LINE l LASER l TH l AG
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:34 PM   #6
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
TokenMaster's unreliability is BS — while Launcher Pro is a very serious favour to the community, its value is drastically undermined by lack of delivery reliability. I suspect his patience has been tested over the years by "customers" that don't do their homework (let us here be and do better than average), but putting that frustration back on everyone else by being unreliable and uncommunicative is not constructive for anyone.

So, I have both ESysX and Launcher Pro. While both work and ESysX access is orders of magnitude more predictable than Launcher Pro, I am noticing some differences as I learn more and get deeper into coding. So far, my bias on functionality is towards Launcher Pro a bit. Specifically, LP handles cheat files in a slightly more usable way and I noticed that synthetic coding files creation from FA (in particularly SVT) seems to work for me under LP and not ESysX. On the other hand, I am sure that @ifr has/can/will point out other things that are more usable in ESysX. Point of this note is just to highlight that they are not quite completely interchangeable for all purposes, but are equivalent for most rudimentary coding tasks.
      01-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #7
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Bummer!

Will ESysX work with a 2020 G05 M50i?

The regular ESys Launcher does not.
If you mean TM Launcher Pro, v3.7 works with all G05/G07 on latest i-step, as does esysx.

Why do you say it does not work??
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #8
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
On the other hand, I am sure that @ifr has/can/will point out other things that are more usable in ESysX.
The main advantages of esysx over LP are more regular psdzdata mappings to latest i-step, and ability to do coding verification directly to FWL.

LP mappings were well out of date for a long period meaning lots of trimmed codes, but TM addressed this with v3.6 and later.

An advantage of LP is Activation Conditions, which for those who perform code discovery and understand the boolean, is incredibly useful. TBH I've been disappointed at how few people (anybody?) are posting codes for the G05/G07 models recently. Maybe everything has already been discovered and is already out there in the public domain......
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      01-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #9
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
TBH I've been disappointed at how few people (anybody?) are posting codes for the G05/G07 models recently. Maybe everything has already been discovered and is already out there in the public domain......
I don't think there is lack of interest at all. If anything, because BMW has made some (and/or were forced to make) pretty stupid feature decisions, limitations, and regional/MY variances, coding interest is very high. But I do think there are a lot more coding amateurs (like me) on G05 that haven't fully ramped to god-like capabilities. The LP confusion doesn't help (humans are emotional beings, not that there is anything wrong with that). Lastly, the chaos of old/out of date/unmaintained get-started discussions/instructions doesn't help at all.

I didn't realize the Activation Conditions are LP only. Been ramping up on trying to read those with your pointers, it's not exactly clean structured code. And I did notice the auto FWL creation weirdness between the two, but didn't associate that to ESysX as being the better one, will pay more attention since it is now clear there are and will be differences between the two.
      01-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #10
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I didn't realize the activation rules are LP only. Been ramping up on trying to read those with your pointers, it's not exactly clean structured code. And I did notice the auto FWL creation weirdness between the two, but didn't associate that to ESysX as being the better one, will pay more attention since it is now clear there are and will be differences between the two.
Yeah with esysx you can choose to output to fwl instead of ncd and you'll get clear text to compare against. Try that in LP and it won't work. You'll need to output to ncd, see which cafd have differences, then convert those manually to fwl to actually see the codes outside of esys.

Way quicker and simpler in esysx.

It wouldn't have been possible to discover codes for ADV, aSLA, Auto Lane Change, auto seat/steering heat activation etc without access to the boolean via the Activation Conditions. I discussed coding changes to esysx to support AC, but as it stands only LP supports it so big thanks to TM on that one. Without that option in LP it's unlikely that any of those coded features would be available.
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      01-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #11
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If you mean TM Launcher Pro, v3.7 works with all G05/G07 on latest i-step, as does esysx.

Launcher Premium does not work, it does not map the latest psdzdata files to find the areas you want to change. Example, you cannot find the ASS at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #12
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Quote:

Launcher Premium does not work, it does not map the latest psdzdata files to find the areas you want to change. Example, you cannot find the ASS at all.
Got you. Yes, you need launcher pro for G05, or esysx.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 01:19 PM   #13
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
I really don't understand why these are needed TBH. Seems they are just a small hack that ougth to be duplicatable and open sourced and be done with it, instead of 1990 grade of 'shareware' or 'commercial' stuff where they actually don't /write/ the software, just an enabler for it.

As far as TM needing 'patience' that's rubbish. He take money from people, and his job is to deal with ANY kind of user at that point. If it was free, he could get away with not providing support, but it's not free, so, it's his problem.

I wrote commercial, free, open source and a lots of shareware in the last 35 years, and sure, people who bother you for a piece of software you did/made/gave away are annoying, but people who paid my shareware (even the $10) deserve time and respect.

If TM can't be bothered, just open source the thing and ask people to make donations anyway; SOME people just might.
      01-18-2020, 01:55 PM   #14
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
I really don't understand why these are needed TBH. Seems they are just a small hack that ougth to be duplicatable and open sourced and be done with it, instead of 1990 grade of 'shareware' or 'commercial' stuff where they actually don't /write/ the software, just an enabler for it.
He did make launcher pro 2.8.2 free, and the premium editions were always free.

Issue is Bmw realised it was easy for consumers to code cars so 'locked' the coding options by trimming the psdzdata. So from x I-step release, codes were no longer viewable.

TM addressed this by mapping the codes for psdzdata releases and coding was possible again. Unfortunately, every new i-step release that introduces new and/or changed codes, requires mapping again. Very labour intensive and the mappings are not open source- they are controlled by BMW.

There's also a certificate that needs to be generated to support esys.

Agree he needs to automate a system to take payment and generate a code.

Esysx is a better commercial model and more reliable.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #15
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

I want to get into advanced coding, from BimmerCode to EsysX..

Can someone please guide me on what exactly to buy in order to code a G05?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 06:23 PM   #16
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
I want to get into advanced coding, from BimmerCode to EsysX..

Can someone please guide me on what exactly to buy in order to code a G05?
Just did it today actually and coded some stuff so here is what worked for me.

Most of this info is up to date and worked for me - cannot be on a VM unless you want to do the more expensive dongle version (and wait for a dongle to ship)

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983244

Follow the install instructions for esys, use version 3.27.1 the newer version not needed and are not as functional. Basically download and install, then download the psdzdata files latest from the link and extract and follow the instructions to copy into the esys folder. Once that is all setup, you will need an OBD ethernet cable and then you can actually test and connect to the car and make sure you can read the car.

As for EsysX, pretty easy just go to their website and but it for 120 Euro https://esysx.com/product/esysx-32-64-bit/

They will email you a link to download and extract and then you install and run their app (they provide instructions) to register to your computer and then you can run esys and have the ability to code.

This is a pretty good how to use Esys skip to page 4 skip the esys launcher stuff as you will be using the esysx launcher.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1502316308
Appreciate 0