BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
Carneylad
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 M50d, Tesla Model 3

Why do these setting constantly reset?

After a recent trip to the dealership to have some extensive work done, my iStep was updated to 03/2020. That wiped the LCA I had coded before.

I then tried to get LCA coded again but it failed. Now each time I wake the car (been locked for about 20mins) the following settings have unticked themselves, the ambient light has changed to orange and my steering wheel will not extend.

Any one else had/having similar issues?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #2
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Anything related to driver profiles & key fobs? Maybe something isn't linked.
      06-27-2020, 05:27 AM   #3
Carneylad
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
Anything related to driver profiles & key fobs? Maybe something isn't linked.
I did think that. I tested it with my wife's key but it didn't help. I've since done a factory reset. I'll leave it half an hour and check. Fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

My hatch height position also resets. If I leave it defaulted to fully open, it will hit the open garage door above the car. The second lowest setting will prevent that and yet every time I set it to that height in iDrive, it won’t stick the next time. It’s weird and frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 08:32 AM   #5
Carneylad
Private
Rep

So I did do a vehicle reset and it appeared to solve the problem. I have done some coding but that seems to be ok now. Car, general settings, scroll to the bottom and reset everything. Log back in with your details and all should be well.

I had coded the head until and I suspected that was the issue. Nothing reported in any forums but it seems to have severed the link between ConnectedDrive and the car. The reset looks as though it's resolved it.
Appreciate 1
SWBOS48.00
      06-28-2020, 07:36 PM   #6
SWBOS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon - X5 40i

I've recently seen the exact same thing. I've even gone so far as checking the boxes again then rebooting iDrive, !BOOM! gone again.
No coding changes or software updates since January 2020 so I know it's not something I messed up.

The car doesn't get driven anywhere near as often right now though so I suspected battery. Main reason that I suspected this was that comfort access seems to not work if I don't drive every day.

Will try the reset option when I'm next in the car (and if it hasn't remembered the last settings). Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
SWBOS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon - X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBOS View Post
I've recently seen the exact same thing. I've even gone so far as checking the boxes again then rebooting iDrive, !BOOM! gone again.
No coding changes or software updates since January 2020 so I know it's not something I messed up.

The car doesn't get driven anywhere near as often right now though so I suspected battery. Main reason that I suspected this was that comfort access seems to not work if I don't drive every day.

Will try the reset option when I'm next in the car (and if it hasn't remembered the last settings). Thank you.
I still had the forgetful iDrive system yesterday so I decided to do the reset as suggested. Worked a treat thank you for posting that!
Appreciate 0