BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #1
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Connected drive

I know this has been asked probably before, but I can't seem to find it.

I took delivery today, already had a connected drive account from my previous X5. I tried adding my new car by entering the VIN on both iPhone connected app and through the webpage and I can't find the code it sends to the car anywhere, so I'm not able to add my new car to my account.

Does the dealer have to do something to activate this? Also can't add the weather widget either as it doesn't pop up when I personalize the menu despite updating installed apps like the video shows.

Any help appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 10:30 PM   #2
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by salfeet84 View Post

I took delivery today, already had a connected drive account from my previous X5. I tried adding my new car by entering the VIN on both iPhone connected app and through the webpage and I can't find the code it sends to the car anywhere, so I'm not able to add my new car to my account.

Does the dealer have to do something to activate this? Also can't add the weather widget either as it doesn't pop up when I personalize the menu despite updating installed apps like the video shows.

Any help appreciated.
Same issues with me.

Car doesn't have any network connection. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow...I'm assuming it's just an easy fix
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 10:31 PM   #3
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refujeet View Post
Quote:

Any help appreciated.
Same issues with me.

Car doesn't have any network connection. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow...I'm assuming it's just an easy fix
Thanks, I'll be calling them tomorrow as well. Please let me know what happens/what the fix is.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #4
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:

Any help appreciated.
I had this happen. There's another thread on this already... there's more detail there so I'd search for that but basically...

In my case and others the dealer hadn't sent in the ESA. Once that was done I was able to login on my phone but iDrive still didn't work properly. Rebooting iDrive by pressing and holding the vol/mute button for 30 seconds got it to connect to BMW ConnectedDrive. Then I needed to delete the offline profile I created and sign in with my ConnectedDrive account.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewnam View Post
Quote:

Any help appreciated.
I had this happen. There's another thread on this already... there's more detail there so I'd search for that but basically...

In my case and others the dealer hadn't sent in the ESA. Once that was done I was able to login on my phone but iDrive still didn't work properly. Rebooting iDrive by pressing and holding the vol/mute button for 30 seconds got it to connect to BMW ConnectedDrive. Then I needed to delete the offline profile I created and sign in with my ConnectedDrive account.
So my dealer did the ESA thing and my phone connected app works perfectly now with all remote services. The 2 things I still cannot get to work are the weather widget and the compatible connected apps on my iPhone to show up on my car despite resetting idrive and choosing update services and apps, any ideas? Thx
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #6
Refujeet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

I reset it a couple times. Still no luck.

Will have to make an appointment for this week. Ugh.
Appreciate 1
salfeet84309.00
      12-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #7
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refujeet View Post
I reset it a couple times. Still no luck.

Will have to make an appointment for this week. Ugh.
What's your software version?
Appreciate 0