BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #1
tall
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Source of cover art for music stored on USB device

Hello there.

A new owner here. Just upgraded from F15.

Does anyone know where iDrive 7 takes cover art for music stored on USB devices?

I plugged in a USB stick with a dozen of albums and iDrive displayed cover art for most of them even though none is embedded in the files nor stored as separate files inside the folders.

Did iDrive download the covers from the web? Or does it have an internal image bank?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
TSMC55
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 GO5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall View Post
Hello there.

A new owner here. Just upgraded from F15.

Does anyone know where iDrive 7 takes cover art for music stored on USB devices?

I plugged in a USB stick with a dozen of albums and iDrive displayed cover art for most of them even though none is embedded in the files nor stored as separate files inside the folders.

Did iDrive download the covers from the web? Or does it have an internal image bank?

I believe the web. I say this because I do not have any coverart saved on my USB either, and on occasion when it plays some Paul Simon, the cover art displayed is a picture of Donald Trump!
Appreciate 0