BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-10-2022, 10:44 AM   #1
NorwegianBlue
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 xDrive 45e

Adaptive cruise control available?

First post from a potential X5 45e buyer.

I'm thinking very seriously about ordering the hybrid X5, but when I built one online I couldn't find a package that contains adaptive cruise control. I would have thought it would be in the Driving Assistance Professional Package, but there's no mention of it.

Now, dynamic cruise control is listed as a standard feature, but I can't tell if that's BMW's marketing-speak for ACC or if it's just regular cruise control.

I did some searching in the forum and found some information that suggested ACC had disappeared as an option a few months ago, but figured I would check here to confirm -- and if it is gone, if there's any indication when it might come back (I have ACC on my current Volvo and it's probably one of my favorite features).

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
Malibuba32
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianBlue View Post
First post from a potential X5 45e buyer.

I'm thinking very seriously about ordering the hybrid X5, but when I built one online I couldn't find a package that contains adaptive cruise control. I would have thought it would be in the Driving Assistance Professional Package, but there's no mention of it.

Now, dynamic cruise control is listed as a standard feature, but I can't tell if that's BMW's marketing-speak for ACC or if it's just regular cruise control.

I did some searching in the forum and found some information that suggested ACC had disappeared as an option a few months ago, but figured I would check here to confirm -- and if it is gone, if there's any indication when it might come back (I have ACC on my current Volvo and it's probably one of my favorite features).

TIA!
Dynamic cruise control is indeed BMW's ACC.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 12:57 PM   #3
NorwegianBlue
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibuba32 View Post
Ah, excellent -- that makes things much easier!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 01:39 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
This is not correct. Dynamic cruise is regular cruise that will keep your speed even if braking is needed, it is not adaptive cruise that keeps your distance and does steering/lane control.

Adaptive cruise is part of the Driving Assistance Professional package.
Attached Images

02-10-2022, 01:59 PM   #5
NorwegianBlue
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
This is not correct. Dynamic cruise is regular cruise that will keep your speed even if braking is needed, it is not adaptive cruise that keeps your distance and does steering/lane control.

Thank you for the clarification -- that's what I originally suspected.

But when I go to the "build" function on the BMW site, this is what it has to say about the Driving Assistance Professional Package:
___

Driving Assistance Professional Package
$1,700
Maximize peace of mind every time you get behind the wheel of your vehicle with innovative active driving assistance features for worry-free highway travel, as well as evasion and cross-traffic aids to minimize risk during city driving. Also included is Steering Assistant for super-convenient, partially-automated driving.

Active Driving Assistant Pro

Innovative camera/radar-based driver assistance systems provide partly-automated support to deliver peace of mind. Features like Steering and Lane Keeping Assistant, Lane Change Assistant, Emergency Stop Assistant, and Evasion Aid assist the driver during critical driving situations, such as a health emergency or the sudden presence of vehicles or pedestrians in front of the car.

Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways

Traffic Jam Assistant provides partially automated steering input on certain roadways up to 40 MPH in suitable driving conditions.
___

There is no mention of ACC, hence my question about its current availability.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 02:41 PM   #6
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianBlue View Post
Thank you for the clarification -- that's what I originally suspected.

But when I go to the "build" function on the BMW site, this is what it has to say about the Driving Assistance Professional Package:
___

Driving Assistance Professional Package
$1,700
Maximize peace of mind every time you get behind the wheel of your vehicle with innovative active driving assistance features for worry-free highway travel, as well as evasion and cross-traffic aids to minimize risk during city driving. Also included is Steering Assistant for super-convenient, partially-automated driving.

Active Driving Assistant Pro

Innovative camera/radar-based driver assistance systems provide partly-automated support to deliver peace of mind. Features like Steering and Lane Keeping Assistant, Lane Change Assistant, Emergency Stop Assistant, and Evasion Aid assist the driver during critical driving situations, such as a health emergency or the sudden presence of vehicles or pedestrians in front of the car.

Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways

Traffic Jam Assistant provides partially automated steering input on certain roadways up to 40 MPH in suitable driving conditions.
___

There is no mention of ACC, hence my question about its current availability.
No need to worry, that is just the way they describe it on the website. It is covered under innovative active driving assistance features for worry-free highway travel, Steering and Lane Keeping Assistant, Lane Change Assistant and of course Extended Traffic Jam Assistant. Can't have that without adaptive cruise.
      02-10-2022, 04:43 PM   #7
NorwegianBlue
Private
Rep

Quote:
No need to worry, that is just the way they describe it on the website. It is covered under innovative active driving assistance features for worry-free highway travel, Steering and Lane Keeping Assistant, Lane Change Assistant and of course Extended Traffic Jam Assistant. Can't have that without adaptive cruise.
Thank you -- I was wondering about that myself, but it seemed conspicuous by its absence.

Can go ahead and place an order happily, then!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 05:47 PM   #8
Malibuba32
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:

You're 100% correct. My mistake.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2022, 03:41 PM   #9
MNadventurer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5

I actually thinks this means that adaptive cruise control isn’t available right now. When we received my X5 at the end of December, we were warned at the Audi dealership that radar shortages would men no adaptive cruise on any of their models likely starting in March. I am assuming this would also affect BMW. I configured a build on the site and where it clearly used to have the feature described in the Drivers Assistance Package, it isn’t listed anymore. I would double-check with your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 04:29 PM   #10
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNadventurer View Post
I actually thinks this means that adaptive cruise control isn’t available right now. When we received my X5 at the end of December, we were warned at the Audi dealership that radar shortages would men no adaptive cruise on any of their models likely starting in March. I am assuming this would also affect BMW. I configured a build on the site and where it clearly used to have the feature described in the Drivers Assistance Package, it isn’t listed anymore. I would double-check with your dealer.
Just think about it a bit, how could the extended Traffic Jam Assistant be in the package but not adaptive cruise. It is not possible.