BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

3400$ B&W audio fail

So, I really am pleased with the B&W audio pack. However tonight I got in my car and noticed things sounded wrong . Turning the volume up my fears of a failure were realized...

The audio system is only sending audio to the tweeters. no other.. tried the 30 second power reset but still same outcome anyone seen this ?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

No, I've not experienced anything like that. You probably need to make a trip to the dealer to get it fixed.

Are you using ApplePlay? If so try your phone outside of the car and see if that is the source of the lost low frequencies. Try AM/FM/USB too and see if they all give the same results.

But, in the end, you're probably going to have to make a trip to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
So, I really am pleased with the B&W audio pack. However tonight I got in my car and noticed things sounded wrong . Turning the volume up my fears of a failure were realized...

The audio system is only sending audio to the tweeters. no other.. tried the 30 second power reset but still same outcome anyone seen this ?
got in the car today, everything is working normal now.. so I guess I'm good ? I'll still go by BMW lol it's like the cars second home.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #4
cdchris1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
I have the HK system and the same thing happened to me. It only happened the one time and like yours, cleared itself up. I have not had any issues since. That was about 2 months ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 10:31 AM   #5
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Unrelated..... sorta.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ambient light choices on the B&W stereo? (My car doesn't arrive until January..... so I've never actually seen the stereo in person).

I've watched several videos on youtube, and I "think" there are 2 options:

1) speakers same color as chosen ambient light
2) speakers white

Am I correct in this? Or, do I have the ability to have Lilac ambient light, and Amber speakers (as an example)?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
As far as I know you can only turn off white light (which is the default), and it displays the same color as ambient lighting. No options to set individually, other than leaving on white light - at least that's the way it works on mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #7
camcoa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 x 2 + X5 G05

I have had a problem with distortion, that when it happens the radio can be on a low volume and when you hit the gas peddle the sound increases, even if I mute the system it still continues. the only way to stop it is to turn the car off for 5 min and restart. it has happened 4 times in the last week. Has anyone had the same experience. very strange.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #8
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Unrelated..... sorta.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ambient light choices on the B&W stereo? (My car doesn't arrive until January..... so I've never actually seen the stereo in person).

I've watched several videos on youtube, and I "think" there are 2 options:

1) speakers same color as chosen ambient light
2) speakers white

Am I correct in this? Or, do I have the ability to have Lilac ambient light, and Amber speakers (as an example)?

They can be white, or you can switch them to have the same color scheme as the rest of the ambient lighting. I wish you had more color options, maybe some coding in the future will allow this.
Appreciate 0