BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #45
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
but I do know it will lock with a person inside, as above, with no key. And if you then open the door from inside, the alarm will go off. And you'll need to get the key to turn it off. Ask me how I know.
I did the same thing to my wife and I was inside the store and she was sitting there with the alarm going off and people looking at her.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 10-15-2019 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: fix quote construct
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:59 PM   #46
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I did the same thing to my wife and I was inside the store and she was sitting there with the alarm going off and people looking at her.
Worse case scenario! I did that in a previous car, and the couch was moderately comfy to sleep on that night....
Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy13173.50
      10-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #47
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Ahah well you are lucky you wife doesn't have a key. Mine has one, and it's now becoming a stupid procession to get to the car to make sure the seat is in the position we want to. If I drive and she arrives at the car first, the seat moves all the way to 'her' position, and I have to open the car, close it, lock it, unlock it so the seat goes back to MY position.

Quite frankly that "comfort access" is a bit shitty -- the old X3 didn't have 'profiles' we just had my and her's seat position 'saved' on each keys and that was all that was needed. Now I don't even KNOW what is saved, where, when.
      10-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #48
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

I love this feature although its not perfect.
It works for me about 95% of time and I always look back to make sure its locked, a old habit from my previous car where I had to lock using FOB.

Don't want to give up 95% comfort for the issue faced 5% of time.
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      10-17-2019, 07:59 AM   #49
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Another 'feature' of comfort access I discovered this morning...

+ Get in the car, Start it
+ Remember you want something off the back seat
+ Get out of the car (engine on, door closed, key in pocket)
+ Try to open the rear car door...

The car actually started honking at me, triggering the alarm! That was bloody popular; the screen said "Keyfob not detected"..
      10-19-2019, 01:50 AM   #50
six
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50e

I’ve had that one also, gives two loud honks on the horn. What with this, the crazy locking and unlocking if you stay nearby and the locking your family in when you go and pay for fuel (turned out to not be popular!) I’ve turned auto lock off now.

I’ll review and when I’m more happy with the scenarios I might reenable it in the future.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #51
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Ahah well you are lucky you wife doesn't have a key. Mine has one, and it's now becoming a stupid procession to get to the car to make sure the seat is in the position we want to. If I drive and she arrives at the car first, the seat moves all the way to 'her' position, and I have to open the car, close it, lock it, unlock it so the seat goes back to MY position.

Quite frankly that "comfort access" is a bit shitty -- the old X3 didn't have 'profiles' we just had my and her's seat position 'saved' on each keys and that was all that was needed. Now I don't even KNOW what is saved, where, when.
If your vehicle is optioned with seat memory buttons...the easier solution to the scenario you presented would be to save one of the two seat memory buttons for each of you (since you all both have remotes to the car and one may return before the other thus setting the profile memory.

The seat button memories are separate from he remote fob memories...so if you wife comes back to the car first and unlocks it...but she's sitting on the passenger side but the driver's seat moved to her setting...if you programmed (lets say) button #2 for your seat seating (and she's #1)...then all you have to do is press the #2 seat memory button vs the lock/unlock dance you mentioned in your quote.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 03:50 PM   #52
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
Not quite. I used to do that, and the car actually locked me out with the key fob inside.

There is some function where if you leave the key inside and the vehicle is inactive for a period of time, it locks the doors. I was on 07/2019.39 when that happened, and it hasn't happened to me since I've been on 07/2019.49, so maybe it was a bug.

I had to use my other entry options to get back in.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Can this function be disabled?
WOW.
I live in a rural area and leave my fob in the car overnight and for days ALL the time. It has never done that. I have the spare in the house so could open it if I wanted to, but if I were you I’d search the doors and locks settings.

That could be so so bad if you are away from home.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #53
M3ditate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ALL of them

Quote:

The car actually started honking at me, triggering the alarm! That was bloody popular; the screen said "Keyfob not detected"..
Because of the way you touched the handle, the car thought you were trying to lock it while the engine was running, hence the honk. If it was running while remote start was engaged and you tried the same thing, it would just unlock without honking.
Appreciate 1
KrisV208.00
      10-23-2019, 02:19 AM   #54
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:

FYI, it seems that behaviour can be coded out. FDL code BDC_BODY3/VAM_HORN_AT_SECURE to nicht_aktiv per our own jokinawa.
      11-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #55
planet-tk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M Competition

Unhappy Driver Profile not linked when using auto open

Hi guys,

I recently got a 2020 X5 M50i and I absolutely love it. No major issues except for one minor problem - I have 2 separate keys linked to me and my wife's Driver Profiles which works perfectly when pressing the open button on the key or grabbing the knob, but do not work when using the auto open function. Is this a normal behavior or am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 10:40 AM   #56
jasrboyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i Xdrive

Just throwing this out there does it happen when it’s just you?
      11-20-2019, 11:02 AM   #57
planet-tk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasrboyd View Post
Just throwing this out there does it happen when it’s just you?
Yes, and also when it's just my wife.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #58
jancca
Finland
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 45e '20&E89 Z4 35is '11

Hi, just got my 45e two weeks ago.
Today I noticed that the driver window had been slightly open over the night. Is there any option to auto close windows as can be done with the sunroof? I.e. not using the key fob separately?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 02:41 PM   #59
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jancca View Post
Hi, just got my 45e two weeks ago.
Today I noticed that the driver window had been slightly open over the night. Is there any option to auto close windows as can be done with the sunroof? I.e. not using the key fob separately?
I don't think so. You can lock it with the connected drive app but I don't think you can close the windows.

You can see in the app if the windows are closed but you would have to close them your self (hanging out of the window of your house with your key).

The app fooled me a couple of times in the beginning showing the doors were not locked when they actually were locked when I went back. Seems to be solved.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #60
jancca
Finland
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 45e '20&E89 Z4 35is '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
I don't think so. You can lock it with the connected drive app but I don't think you can close the windows.

You can see in the app if the windows are closed but you would have to close them your self (hanging out of the window of your house with your key).

The app fooled me a couple of times in the beginning showing the doors were not locked when they actually were when I went back. Seems to be solved.
Thank You!
Still some familiarizing plus some routines to get used to.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 03:10 PM   #61
DSTJ99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 40i - Tanzanite/Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentz View Post
Personally I love that you can select auto lock and unlock separately.

I still like locking using the door handle as I am used to it from my last car. The Auto Unlock is great though and makes the opening experience just that much smoother.
We have ours set up to only unlock so I always lock the car with comfort access or the fob. We park in our garage and I routinely leave the car or am walking in the house before my slow kids are done getting out of the car so auto locking would be a PITA for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 05:55 PM   #62
cszekl
LOVE BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M340I Xdrive

Garage List
2022 M340  [0.00]
Today my upper tailgate lock button wouldn't work at all! I've just coming to realize technology is sometimes inconsistent. so what I ended up doing was pressing the tailgate close button and then locking the vehicle by my fob. System is kind of hit-or-miss.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 08:54 PM   #63
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Previously, I had my X7 set to unlock AND Lock the vehicle when you approach or depart. When it was set this way the puddle lights would come on as I approached the vehicle. However, I got tired of the vehicle locking/unlocking/locking/unlocking every time I walked by the vehicle with my keys in my pocket or keys in my wife's purse.

So, I changed it to lock only when walking away from the vehicle but not unlock the vehicle when I approach. When it's in this setting the puddle lights no longer come on when I approach the vehicle. They only come on after I grab the door handle.

DAHH...! WTF is the purpose of that? If I'm already at the vehicle why in the hell do I need the puddle lights on? The puddle lights should turn on as I approach whether or not I have it set to unlock the vehicle or not. That's how every other vehicle I've owned works. Toyota, Ford, Subaru, etc. The purpose of the puddle lights are so you can see the ground around your vehicle so you don't step in a puddle, dog poo, or some other mess on the ground BEFORE I step in it not after!

Another technology bug that needs to get fixed. BMW needs to be more diligent in their testing procedures.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #64
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

The vehicle will only lock automatically if the fob is detected after all door points are closed. If you start walking away while passengers are closing their doors, it will likely lose the fob signal before all of the doors are closed and thus will NOT lock. Same thing with the trunk, if you push the close button (not lock) and walk away before it completes closing, the car will not lock. I'm not sure if the OP uses the lock button on the upper liftgate but that's what I do while closing it and walking away to ensure a lock.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #65
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Previously, I had my X7 set to unlock AND Lock the vehicle when you approach or depart. When it was set this way the puddle lights would come on as I approached the vehicle. However, I got tired of the vehicle locking/unlocking/locking/unlocking every time I walked by the vehicle with my keys in my pocket or keys in my wife's purse.

So, I changed it to lock only when walking away from the vehicle but not unlock the vehicle when I approach. When it's in this setting the puddle lights no longer come on when I approach the vehicle. They only come on after I grab the door handle.

DAHH...! WTF is the purpose of that? If I'm already at the vehicle why in the hell do I need the puddle lights on? The puddle lights should turn on as I approach whether or not I have it set to unlock the vehicle or not. That's how every other vehicle I've owned works. Toyota, Ford, Subaru, etc. The purpose of the puddle lights are so you can see the ground around your vehicle so you don't step in a puddle, dog poo, or some other mess on the ground BEFORE I step in it not after!

Another technology bug that needs to get fixed. BMW needs to be more diligent in their testing procedures.
It used to turn the puddle lights on no matter how the unlock was set but an update (I think starting with 07/2019.35) took that away and now they only come on when approaching and set to unlock. Hopefully a future update will fix it.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 01:34 AM   #66
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
It used to turn the puddle lights on no matter how the unlock was set but an update (I think starting with 07/2019.35) took that away and now they only come on when approaching and set to unlock. Hopefully a future update will fix it.
Yeah, I have it on my list of issues to get addressed on my first service. I'm not counting on an update fixing it but I'm going to make sure they document it. Hopefully, they're already aware of the issue and are already working on it. I'm on 07/2019.59.
Appreciate 0