09-01-2019, 09:03 AM   #67
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Yes, it will always happen whenever the insurance payment is more than what is owed on the lease. The lessor can only take what they are owed.

Keep in mind what I said, it is no different than putting a down payment on a loan. You lose that money also if the car is totaled early in the loan. Of course nowadays there are some insurance policies that pay for a new vehicle when totaled for both loans and leases so then there would definitely not be an issue with the downpayment if it makes financial sense.

Once it is determined to make financial sense (usually in case of high MF and low RV) then just like most other financial/investment decisions, it comes down to risk tolerance. The odds of totaling a car are very slim for most of us so in my opinion not even a concern, some think otherwise.
Makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I've only ever heard of the risk of losing the downpayment in reference to a lease, and haven't ever seen it mentioned when financing a car. But putting it in the way you explained makes perfect sense.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #68
mephisto2k2
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Yes, it will always happen whenever the insurance payment is more than what is owed on the lease. The lessor can only take what they are owed.
Not always easy. Read Leased car accident (Audi Q5) to see what he has to go through trying to recover the excess despite it being in the lease contract.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #69
wasabi911
Rep
Drives: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDrive_on_wheels View Post
Thank you all for very helpful information on pricing. I am new here and to BMW (coming from Audi Q5) and looking to purchase a 2020 X5 40i. Here is my build and the best deal I have so far:

20XG X5 xDrive40i
C27 Metallic paint - Arctic Grey
MCEW Vernasca leather - Ivory White
4KT Trim - Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Finish
1SF 20" V-spoke wheels, style 738 with all-season run-flat tires
ZPX Executive Package
ZLS Luxury Seating Package
ZDY Driving Assistant Pro Package
2VR 2-Axle air suspension
2VH Integral active steering
3KA Acoustic glass
688 Harman Kardon sound system
4HB Heated steering wheel, seat and armrests
3AC Trailer hitch
300 Space Saver Tire
Destination charge

MSRP = $78,270
Dealer discount % off MSRP = 8.4%
Dealer discount off MSRP = $6,590
Financing credits = TBD, if any offered
Conquest rebate = $750
Adjusted Price = $70,930
Dealer doc/processing fee (taxable) = $300
Sales price (before tax & government fees) = $71,230

I have seen another recent deal posted here from mephisto2k2 for a 2020 with 9.4% dealer discount but no Conquest. My dealer is listing Conquest although the public information shows as non-exiting for 2020 X5 at this time. Interesting enough if I add the Conquest $750 to the dealer discount it comes to the 9.4% mephisto2k2 got (we are both in the same area).

Any ideas/suggestions on the build or the pricing (can I do better?) would be appreciated. Should I be concerned that Conquest is listed when there is no public information proving that it does?

On the APR credit, after reading a lot here I am not counting any would show up in September. But I can delay my order for delivery to be scheduled in October. Do you think October would be any better? I saw someone here saying good (e.g. $2K) offers are not likely to come until Thanksgiving.
I'm in the same situation. About to place my 2020 order but realized there were no finance credit/incentives for Sept. I'm thinking maybe I can time it for Nov. Hopefully there will be incentives starting Nov.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:56 PM   #70
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi911 View Post
I'm in the same situation. About to place my 2020 order but realized there were no finance credit/incentives for Sept. I'm thinking maybe I can time it for Nov. Hopefully there will be incentives starting Nov.
Rumor has it that loyalty will be the only X5 incentive for forseeable future.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 12:17 AM   #71
yorker03
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328 Xi, RDX acura, Audi Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto View Post
I am supposed to sign this deal on Tuesday, if everything goes smoothly then I will ask my CA if I can share his contact. What are you looking for anyway?
I am in the market for a X5. I will appreciate if your can share your CA's contact details
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0