BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-08-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
kkpat
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x40i

Connect drive login issue

Every time I turn in the car I am greeted with this message at the beginning. Have you guys seen this before?
I enter the access data as my connect drive Password. It takes it but then the message is back again on the next start.
Apparently my profile connects fine with same key fob that I have been using . It's the same password for my profile as for connect drive.
I can log into the connect drive on iPhone with the same password.
BMW genius made me update the apps on the car and reboot the system. But the problem is still there.

I also can not find the destinations on car when I enter them in the connect drive app on the iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

The same thing happened to me, and some others, when I got mine. The password that is saved is bad even though it appears to look good. I fixed mine by logging into the Guest profile and then changed back to my profile. There should be a way to delete the saved credentials but I don't recall how I did it. I know for sure that I typed my password in again and didn’t use the saved one. It could have been after that I deleted all saved credentials and did the guest back to mine. Once I got it correct I didn’t have the problem anymore.
Appreciate 1
kkpat44.00
      10-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
kkpat
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
The same thing happened to me, and some others, when I got mine. The password that is saved is bad even though it appears to look good. I fixed mine by logging into the Guest profile and then changed back to my profile. There should be a way to delete the saved credentials but I don't recall how I did it. I know for sure that I typed my password in again and didn't use the saved one. It could have been after that I deleted all saved credentials and did the guest back to mine. Once I got it correct I didn't have the problem anymore.
I have deleted the profile and logged into the guest. I wait few hours for cloud to reset and then add my profile again to see any changes.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #4
kkpat
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
The same thing happened to me, and some others, when I got mine. The password that is saved is bad even though it appears to look good. I fixed mine by logging into the Guest profile and then changed back to my profile. There should be a way to delete the saved credentials but I don't recall how I did it. I know for sure that I typed my password in again and didn't use the saved one. It could have been after that I deleted all saved credentials and did the guest back to mine. Once I got it correct I didn't have the problem anymore.
It works flawlessly now. Thank you for the solution. Car even shows the destination entered on my iphone now!
Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy13124.00