BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
mavjay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Canadian X5 Packaging / Massage seats

Hi,

Will be looking to place an order in the next month or so.

1) Was wondering if anyone has the massage seats (if so, is it worth it?)

2) For Canadian packaging. Is it worth the extra premium to from the Premium enhanced to the Premium Excellence package for $7500 more?

I am aware that the Excellence includes more features like glass application, sky lounge, extended merino leather, advanced driving package, ventilated seats, massage seats etc. Also know that if I did do the enhance package...I can add the advanced driving package for $2000 and some of the mentioned features a la carte. Obviously don't need all the features but can add up fast.

3) What type of discount did you get from Canadian dealers?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavjay View Post
The massage is very subtle, and is more like the seat just pushing against you than an actual massage chair (i.e. no rumbling or complex movements).

Is it worth it? Well.... I really think you have to try it for yourself to make that decision. I personally am on the fence on if it's worth the price or not, but I do use it frequently now that I have it.

Just don't expect some incredible spa feeling.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
Abegweit
Private
Rep
Drives: 17' 340 6mt/19' X5 40i

Agree with the previous post, you really need to try for yourself. I have them, and am a bit on the fence as to whether I'd order again. That said, I have finally found a setting that seems to help on longer trips.

As for packages, I stopped with the enhanced. The excellence is a good chunk more and none of it was really important to me. I thought enhanced with a couple of individual options was the sweet spot.

My discount was around 4%, though the car was pretty new at that time so you might do better now.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

I use them once and awhile and enjoy them more than I thought as they do provide a massage that should prevent soreness on long drives. My wife on the other hand absolutely loves them and is always using them. I would be hard pressed to get another vehicle without them. On our 5k mile trip this summer neither of us were sore from the sitting so long in the seats and I think the massage was party of that.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavjay View Post
My wife really likes them. We had it in our previous GLE, and BMW's one is better as there is massage function on the seat + back (GLE only had back massage).

It really helps in long trip and it is less tiring.

Quote:
2) For Canadian packaging. Is it worth the extra premium to from the Premium enhanced to the Premium Excellence package for $7500 more?
I went with Enhanced + Advanced driving assist + Glass + Massage.
Save me a few thousand as I don't want Merino, Sky lounge, ventilated seats, fragrance air....

I also added trailer hitch and luggage compartment package. The latter is pretty nice and very convenient.

Quote:
3) What type of discount did you get from Canadian dealers?
I got 6% off + loyalty incentive (reduced lease rate) + fleet discount. This was for a custom order early in the year. You maybe able to get 7% for a stock car.

Also watch out of the factory sales event. They had one in Sep 19-21 with $2,000 factory rebate for the X5.

Are you in the west coast? Heard that they are adding a lot of bogus admin fees there.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #6
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Wouldn’t buy one without the massage seats. Outstanding and a must for long trips.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 07:11 PM   #7
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
I was looking at the same, Premium Enhanced with all the options you mentioned. Why I went with the Excellence Package is because I wanted the extended leather so it only made sense to spend a bit more and get all those other features included like messaging seats, sky lounge, etc.

In regards to Messaging Seats I like them very much. As for the sky lounge, driving back at night from the cottage 2 hours away made for an exceptional cabin feel. My wife adjusted the seat back, messaging seats on with the ventilated seats on and a bit of sparkle on top (sky lounge).

I went M Sport, Air Suspension, Excellence Package, 22" Wheels and Luggage Compartment option. If the luggage compartment option is $500 you should go for it.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0