BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-30-2024, 06:38 PM   #1
letsgopony
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bus

How is the quality of Replika wheels

Originally post in the general topics but didn't get any reply . I'm going to post it here to see if I can find any luck. Any feedbacks would be greatly appreciated!

I'm considering a new set of wheels and saw many posts mentioned Replika. Their R233 has the look of 742M but offers more sizes.

For those who have the Replika wheels, how's the quality? Really hope they won't be damaged easily by potholes.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 12:23 AM   #2
sbc-yyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5, 2018 Q5, 2018 P100D

I've mounted 20" Michelin Pilot Alpin 5s on Replika R253 since 2022. Over the past two winters the alloys have held up really well. There is no cosmetic damage that I can see, hopefully no structural damage either. For the money I'd say they're fine.
Appreciate 2
      03-31-2024, 02:29 PM   #3
letsgopony
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc-yyc View Post
I've mounted 20" Michelin Pilot Alpin 5s on Replika R253 since 2022. Over the past two winters the alloys have held up really well. There is no cosmetic damage that I can see, hopefully no structural damage either. For the money I'd say they're fine.
Thanks for the feedback!

How do you like the tires by the way? Any noticable difference compared the factory RFT? I've seen a bunch of complaints about RFTs here, but I'm curious if they really make that big of a difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 09:54 AM   #4
xxx5phev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopony View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

How do you like the tires by the way? Any noticable difference compared the factory RFT? I've seen a bunch of complaints about RFTs here, but I'm curious if they really make that big of a difference.
Thanks for posting this thread. I posted something similar and didnt get any bites either. Hopefully more replika wheel owners chime in. What are some of the complaints you've heard about the RFT?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 12:36 PM   #5
letsgopony
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx5phev View Post
Thanks for posting this thread. I posted something similar and didnt get any bites either. Hopefully more replika wheel owners chime in. What are some of the complaints you've heard about the RFT?
From what I read the RFTs can be harsh and noisier on bumpy roads.

I only did some test drives on 20'' and 21'' RFTs and I would say the noise is acceptable. Maybe need to drive on non-RFT for a fair comparison.

Since you have the 50e with air suspension I think that should be less of a problem for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 06:36 PM   #6
sbc-yyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5, 2018 Q5, 2018 P100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopony View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

The PA5s are, for the lack of a better word, exemplary. Comparing the Pilot Alpin with the stock RFTs is difficult because the stock RFTs are summer tires and the Pilot Alpins are dedicated winter tires. But, objectively, as both are tires at the end of the day, the Pilot Alpins are outstanding as winter tires. Exceptional grip on snow and ice, whisper quiet at all speeds, supremely comfortable, and are absolutely fitting tires for a vehicle like the X5. The Continental Premium Contact 6 whatevers are, by contrast, garbage. They're awfully noisy, the ride on them is harsh, borderline punishing, and they absolutely do not feel like tires that deserve being put on an X5. They have decent, if not great, grip and wet weather handling is good too. But that's it really. My $0.02. YMMV.
Appreciate 1