02-25-2021, 09:48 AM   #23
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Its from the BMW technical training manual for the F95/F96.
do you have the pdf handy to share? thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 05:22 PM   #24
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155ND View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
I'd say what you think looks better. How much will this experiment cost? Or are you deciding before you buy the car?

If you have the car already and you're gonna spend the money maybe just go with aftermarket

i've already bought the X5MC, with 808s ...

i do like the 818s, but not enough to swap - so possibly some after market wheels, likely vossen, but would like to see these on a car first, as i'm too chicken to be the first!!
I like some of the hybrid forged wheels. What're you thinking?

Also additionally was thinking about just making both front and rear 22 inch. I'm not a huge fan of the staggered stuff, and would rather have an easier time finding tires.
      02-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #25
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5MC Marina Bay Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
I like some of the hybrid forged wheels. What're you thinking?

Also additionally was thinking about just making both front and rear 22 inch. I'm not a huge fan of the staggered stuff, and would rather have an easier time finding tires.

i'm not really in a rush to replace the stock wheels - even though apparently the 808s are "cast", and not "forged" like the 818s, which niggles me a bit in a way i can't explain!

i posted my take on the MSS springs (+ photos) here:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...766804&page=14

... after having given my 808s an "OCD"-level clean, and replaced the stock center caps with IND carbon versions, i'm feeling like my wheel fetish (as Mrs 155ND calls it!) is under control for now:

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...r-cap-set-56mm

... but i would love to see some "minimalist" wheels on an X5MC, to show off the beautiful drilled discs & painted calipers - hopefully someone on here is braver and richer than me and will go for some uber-cool Vossen deep-dish wheels (or something similarly nice)!
Attached Images

DG-X5166.50
      02-26-2021, 07:19 PM   #26
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155ND View Post
i'm not really in a rush to replace the stock wheels - even though apparently the 808s are "cast", and not "forged" like the 818s, which niggles me a bit in a way i can't explain!

i posted my take on the MSS springs (+ photos) here:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...766804&page=14

... after having given my 808s an "OCD"-level clean, and replaced the stock center caps with IND carbon versions, i'm feeling like my wheel fetish (as Mrs 155ND calls it!) is under control for now:

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...r-cap-set-56mm

... but i would love to see some "minimalist" wheels on an X5MC, to show off the beautiful drilled discs & painted calipers - hopefully someone on here is braver and richer than me and will go for some uber-cool Vossen deep-dish wheels (or something similarly nice)!
Even though I have the 818 wheels, I knew from before I placed an order for the car that either wheel that was available on the X5MC would be a PITA to keep clean. I know its an old style M wheel, but I wish BMW still offered the M wheels in 21"/22" size like the standard non competition wheels. Those aren't to bad to keep clean.
Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 02:08 PM   #27
-Vanguard-
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M Competition

NM
Appreciate 0