nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RizhiyDen View Post
Anyone knows how to code automatic brightness adjustment for main screen, so it stays allwayes on maximum? The problem is that i got front windows tinted and when it is shunny outside, the main screen goes really dark (lоw brightness). If i open the window screen goes lighter.. but it is damn freezy outside most of the time, cant drive with open windows all the time )))..
I'm getting ceramic tint on my car and worry about this dimming effect. a few have purchased a small USB light to shine on the instrument cluster IR sensor, but I didn't know the sensor affects the control screen, too?!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #1586
Mynoles1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 s40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
I'm getting ceramic tint on my car and worry about this dimming effect. a few have purchased a small USB light to shine on the instrument cluster IR sensor, but I didn't know the sensor affects the control screen, too?!

Just don't do it. I have had ceramic in every car for a lot of years now and went ahead and also did not listen to everyone here. My mistake - and an expensive one, I am sure. I'm giving up the battle and soon having the ceramic removed from the driver/passenger widows and installing "dyed" tint with the low IR ratings. It will look fine from the outside, but certainly is not ceramic.

(BTW, I referenced buying a small light earlier. It didn't get the job done, unfortunately, having just received it this am.....Nowhere to properly mount it and too small to be as effective as I want)

I normally am not one to throw in the towel but afraid I am on this one. I know BMW is not changing their minds on this one after 2-3 years of reading complaints. It's over.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 11:55 AM   #1587
RizhiyDen
Russia
Rep
Drives: G05

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
i cant say for sure about that.... it might. Few people from my bmwclub have their windows tinted but they don't have any problems with brightness.. and i got no idia why is that...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #1588
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
i cant say for sure about that.... it might. Few people from my bmwclub have their windows tinted but they don't have any problems with brightness.. and i got no idia why is that...
it appears certain brands affect the sensor more than others. one guy from Texas mentioned he's been using Xpel ceramic tint for many years without dimming issues. that's what my detailer applied to my car, which I will pick up this weekend, but I am already willing to tolerate the dimming because I really want the heat rejection qualities of the ceramic tint.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 12:04 PM   #1589
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I also have not had a problem with this issue. My X7 currently as 3M Crystaline tint (for heat rejection) in the front two windows, the sunroof and on the windshield. The sensor for the cluster dimmer is on the side of the cluster and I can manually induce the dimming by putting my hand over the sensor. However, even when I manually induced it, the amount of dim never seemed enough to negatively effect my driving experience. So I would say this issue is very subjective...

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 08:21 PM   #1590
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1984 View Post
Hi Jerzey,

How did you code exhaust flap open always? I have never heard this is possible...
I believe you have to code it open then pull the fuse that controls it to keep it that way. I've seen a few posts on that but am not personally sure which fuse it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 02:53 AM   #1591
Rajubmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5, X1 2019

X5 Comfort Plus mode steering experience

Can you please share more of your experience on how the steering feels in Comfort Plus mode?
I have X5 Xline 30d in India. The steering is very annoying for City driving, as it does not return to centre after a turn.

Thanks,
Raju.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissalp77 View Post
Hi all,

I'm quite new to coding, so far I have coded the following with Bimmercode (iOS) on my X5 M50d (03.2019):

- Comfort Plus Driving Mode (works quite well, I at least think I notice quite a difference with Adaptive M Suspension Professional)
- Additional Speed Adjustment up to 60kmh (was not activated even with SW update)
- Video in Motion

Does anyone know how to code the number of flashing when locking / unlocking with Bimmercode? I think the following codes might be the ones, but I can't find them in the Bimmercode app. It seems I can't access the FEM_BODY module.

FEM_BODY 3060
QUITTBLK_ENTSCHAERFEN_ANZAHL

FEM_BODY 3060
QUITTBLK_SICHERN_ANZAHL

Any advice would be highly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 11:49 AM   #1592
Rajubmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5, X1 2019

X5 Comfort Plus steering option

Is there a code for Comfort Plus Steering mode?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajubmw View Post
Can you please share more of your experience on how the steering feels in Comfort Plus mode?
I have X5 Xline 30d in India. The steering is very annoying for City driving, as it does not return to centre after a turn.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 04:04 PM   #1593
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Regarding comfort plus and seats... Is there coding via e-sys or bimmercode to have the seats move back upon exiting like my other vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:22 PM   #1594
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Regarding comfort plus and seats... Is there coding via e-sys or bimmercode to have the seats move back upon exiting like my other vehicles?
I coded this feature on my M3 using the following post: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=30

I have not tried to do this on my X7. However, while I was doing some coding with BimmerCode recently (to restore my coding after an OTA update) I noticed that two modules were added for the X7 that I did not remember seeing before, which are the driver and passenger seat modules. So, using the post above for the F80 as a reference, you can search the seat modules using Expert Mode for similar parameters to do the same thing for the G07. Of course, there are no guarantees that BMW is using the same nomenclature across different model generations, but it is a start....

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      03-17-2021, 11:19 PM   #1595
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Can anyone explain why we'd need to have: Display Options iDrive: Cover Artwork?

I use both Apple CarPlay and music files loaded to the HD and both have album art appear when playing. Am I missing an additional feature?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 07:36 AM   #1596
chrisnack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 (G05) 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynoles1 View Post
Just don't do it. I have had ceramic in every car for a lot of years now and went ahead and also did not listen to everyone here. My mistake - and an expensive one, I am sure. I'm giving up the battle and soon having the ceramic removed from the driver/passenger widows and installing "dyed" tint with the low IR ratings. It will look fine from the outside, but certainly is not ceramic.

(BTW, I referenced buying a small light earlier. It didn't get the job done, unfortunately, having just received it this am.....Nowhere to properly mount it and too small to be as effective as I want)

I normally am not one to throw in the towel but afraid I am on this one. I know BMW is not changing their minds on this one after 2-3 years of reading complaints. It's over.
I’m working on a solution for the dimming issues. Still prototyping but so far it is working fine. Just cleaning up the mounts still as I want everything to be perfect.

You can see details in this thread.
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1806820
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 08:18 AM   #1597
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
I think BMW calls this feature "Easy Entry / Easy Exit"...if you do a search using those words (BMW easy entry easy exit coding)...you should find some videos and coding threads that discuss the parameters.

Hopefully the info you find uses the same modules you have. Good luck.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      03-18-2021, 09:49 AM   #1598
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Thank you very much. Greatly appreciate the help.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 09:53 AM   #1599
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
I tested the comfort plus coding back in 2019 on a G05 and couldnt tell any difference.

None of the old coding for easy entry/exit work on the current S18A platform vehicles.

I wanted to code out the steering retract/extend but failed.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50
      03-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #1600
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Noticing this as well... a great deal of items were shuffled around into different modules or coded differently.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #1601
chrisnack
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
I tested the comfort plus coding back in 2019 on a G05 and couldnt tell any difference.

None of the old coding for easy entry/exit work on the current S18A platform vehicles.

I wanted to code out the steering retract/extend but failed.
Bummer... sucks you can't disable it. The germans are probably like why would you do that.

It's just a setting on my F250...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 09:57 AM   #1602
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnack View Post
Bummer... sucks you can't disable it. The germans are probably like why would you do that.

It's just a setting on my F250...
It's a PITA as I've had the extend fail for 24 hours which makes the car hard/dangerous to drive. Fortunately it started working again, and has worked since, but I can guarantee it will fail again the day after the warranty expires
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 03:07 PM   #1603
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
was my coding procedure overkill?

this thread is many pages long, but from what i've perused in addition to online videos, i coded each desired feature one by one, even if it was in the same module as other features:
i coded > shut off vehicle > waited 15 seconds > restarted vehicle in Diagnostic Mode then moved on to the next desired feature. was this overkill? something about messing up the DME if coding more than one feature simultaneously?

still, it was a successful (and fun) process!
  • alarm sound EU
  • B & W sound profiles/equalizer
  • brake force display 10km/h
  • iDrive startup animation M VARIANT 1
  • tire pressure control PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE
  • window lifter interruption NOT ACTIVE
  • fog light off with high beams NOT ACTIVE
  • auto mirror tilt value 60%
  • one-touch turn signal 5 times ACTIVE
  • initial seat belt reminder after start NOT ACTIVE
  • tailgate via remote OPEN AND CLOSE
  • video in motion ACTIVE
  • warning at start-up NOT ACTIVE

desired features ikheetleon:
  • change Warning Chime
  • rear brakelight daytime running lights
  • soft-close tailgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Also has anyone else experienced the ability to use the OBD MX+ with an iPhone without pressing the start/stop button 3 times? When I linked mine up it was automatically done for me and flashed "diagnostic mode" in the instrument cluster.
OBDLink CX also automatically puts my MY21 45e into Diagnostic Mode when connected to the Bimmercode app.

Last edited by nZtiZia; 03-21-2021 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2021, 02:15 PM   #1604
RizhiyDen
Russia
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
I’m working on a solution for the dimming issues. Still prototyping but so far it is working fine. Just cleaning up the mounts still as I want everything to be perfect.
may this problem (dimming) be cause of screen protector (glass) of speedometr screen where the sensor is ?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #1605
chrisnack
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
may this problem (dimming) be cause of screen protector (glass) of speedometr screen where the sensor is ?
Something that you added? Or referring to the factory?

I think it's just a matter of the sensor being too sensitive and being in a really bad spot.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #1606
RizhiyDen
Russia
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Something that you added? Or referring to the factory?

I think it's just a matter of the sensor being too sensitive and being in a really bad spot.
The one i added. Ordered one from Aliexpreess. Hate scratches from car washers on the speedometr..
Appreciate 0