BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #177
Scott18
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneil7163@aol.com View Post
I called the automated line and it says vehicle is still being scheduled for production and no date has been set. I ordered almost 2 weeks ago. How lone before I get a date?
I was able to get a production number from the CA a week after ordering. Two weeks after that they car went into production and two days later it was on its way to New York. - Dealer has had the car for 3 days "prepping". Keep checking the website
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 09:28 PM   #178
peter11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msunny View Post
Using the info on this thread, I tracked Norfolk Southern with the Bill of Lading #. The status is "It is in storage hold in Oxnard CA as of Mar 13" .
Folks, is it normal to lie in storage for a week? My dealer in in Mtn. View, CA.
My recollection (back from 2015) was that once it gets off the train, Norfolk southern will know nothing about the status of your car. The fact that they show it in "storage hold" seems odd. I don't really know what that means. I remember reading that the train drops off the train car in oxnard and then it has to be moved down a siding to BMW. That movement is affected by scheduling and other traffic. That said, find it hard to believe that the car has not been off loaded at BMW. It probably has and the "storage hold" is simply the final reporting that Norfolk Southern will ever have.

So, your best bet is to begin tracking using your vin with United Road. They do deliveries to my dealer in Santa Barbara and probably go to Northern California too. This tracking, however, will only show cars that have been delivered to their destination. It is a way to know your car is at the dealer perhaps before your salesperson even knows. Somehow, I was able to set it up (but not sure how now) so that I get an email every time a load is delivered to Santa Barbara. Not sure you can set that up but it might be helpful if you want to really stalk the inventory at your dealer!

https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts

Edit: Now I see on that link I gave how you can register for delivery receipts. Also note, it appears if you will search with your vin they just want the last 8 digits. First try searching for your car in case it has already been delivered. Otherwise to set up getting delivery receipts for all cars delivered to your dealer follow this: First go to your dealer site and pull up a vin of a car already there. Then use that number to do a search on united road. Then register for delivery receipts for that location.

Last edited by peter11; 03-21-2019 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
jimv0326.00
      03-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #179
jimv03
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter11 View Post
Quote:
Using the info on this thread, I tracked Norfolk Southern with the Bill of Lading #. The status is "It is in storage hold in Oxnard CA as of Mar 13" .
Folks, is it normal to lie in storage for a week? My dealer in in Mtn. View, CA.
My recollection (back from 2015) was that once it gets off the train, Norfolk southern will know nothing about the status of your car. The fact that they show it in "storage hold" seems odd. I don't really know what that means. I remember reading that the train drops off the train car in oxnard and then it has to be moved down a siding to BMW. That movement is affected by scheduling and other traffic. That said, find it hard to believe that the car has not been off loaded at BMW. It probably has and the "storage hold" is simply the final reporting that Norfolk Southern will ever have.

So, your best bet is to begin tracking using your vin with United Road. They do deliveries to my dealer in Santa Barbara and probably go to Northern California too. This tracking, however, will only show cars that have been delivered to their destination. It is a way to know your car is at the dealer perhaps before your salesperson even knows. Somehow, I was able to set it up (but not sure how now) so that I get an email every time a load is delivered to Santa Barbara. Not sure you can set that up but it might be helpful if you want to really stalk the inventory at your dealer!

Edit: Now I see on that link I gave how you can register for delivery receipts. Also note, it appears if you will search with your vin they just want the last 8 digits. First try searching for your car in case it has already been delivered. Otherwise to set up getting delivery receipts for all cars delivered to your dealer follow this: First go to your dealer site and pull up a vin of a car already there. Then use that number to do a search on united road. Then register for delivery receipts for that location.
Thanks so much! I am in Dallas and United delivers to my dealer. Now I can track my G05 ! You made my night!
Appreciate 1
peter1174.00
      03-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #180
peter11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimv03 View Post
Thanks so much! I am in Dallas and United delivers to my dealer. Now I can track my G05 ! You made my night!
I set up my email so it forwards any messages from united road to be as a text message. That way I get instant notification if cars are delivered. I do turn off my phone at night, however, as my dealer often gets deliveries in the middle of the night. I will likely know that my car has been delivered long before the salesman does.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #181
peter11
Private First Class
Rep

I have a bit more to add to the tracking via United Road. I set this up 4 years ago so just remembering some more detail. I tried to log in to my "oviss" account with United Road. You can do that here:

https://new.unitedroadlogistics.com/Oviss/login.aspx

I don't ever recall setting up a password, however. And it might be that when I registered my email to get delivery receipts that I either was given a default password or never got one. Long story short, I clicked on the forgot password link and received an email in about 5 minutes to reset the password.

Once in the site there is a lot of functionality. Not only can you see what cars have been delivered but you can see what is ready for United Road to pick up at the port. So, now you not only know when your car has been delivered but you can angst over the fact that it is ready to be picked up, but has not happened yet!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #182
msunny
Rep
Drives: 328i 2013 and X5 2019

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
2013 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Quote:

Update on "In Storage Hold" since Mar 13 at Oxnard:

According to the dealer, Norfolk Southern has not released the vehicle to BMW as the railway is backed up. So, the car is there but due to some overcrowding of carriages, it is stuck for the last 11 days
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 10:17 PM   #183
peter11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

According to the dealer, Norfolk Southern has not released the vehicle to BMW as the railway is backed up. So, the car is there but due to some overcrowding of carriages, it is stuck for the last 11 days
That's terrible. I am sorry to hear your news. My car just arrived at "gemco" which is the switching yard near Burbank. It has been sitting for nearly 24 hours, which as I recall is not unusual. That said, based on your news I am concerned about your delay and what it may mean for cars still enroute.

I did notice today that when I checked on the United Road site that my dealer suddenly has a half dozen cars available to be shipped. That's a lot for this particular small dealer. So maybe that means that the backed up train cars are suddenly getting unloaded. Just a hopeful thought.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 10:27 PM   #184
kynsik
Kynsi
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i Phytonic Blue

Wait is almost over

I ordered my X5 3/2. It is awaiting carrier assignment according to myBMW but according to my CA, it was shipped today and is scheduled to arrive at the dealership 3/29. I am so excited!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 08:29 AM   #185
Ldiamond114
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynsik View Post
I ordered my X5 3/2. It is awaiting carrier assignment according to myBMW but according to my CA, it was shipped today and is scheduled to arrive at the dealership 3/29. I am so excited!
how long did it last on production begins mine been stuck a week and no movement
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 08:35 AM   #186
frank19x5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldiamond114 View Post
how long did it last on production begins mine been stuck a week and no movement
Mine was in production begins for about 10 days. Once it moved out of that status, it moved through assembly and into awaiting carrier assignment in just over a day.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #187
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
It all depends on when your production slot is. Mine was in that stage for about 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:08 AM   #188
jimv03
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank19x5 View Post
Quote:
Mine was in production begins for about 10 days. Once it moved out of that status, it moved through assembly and into awaiting carrier assignment in just over a day.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:00 PM   #189
rlou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e 2017 X3 2.8i

Hi All: new member here! Ordered the new G05 X5 on 3/7 and as of today the status updated to "Production Begins"! So excited!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #190
Scott18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlou View Post
Hi All: new member here! Ordered the new G05 X5 on 3/7 and as of today the status updated to "Production Begins"! So excited!!!
Congratulations! I got mine Friday, and it's amazing. What options did you get?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 12:51 AM   #191
peter11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Mine finally just arrived in Oxnard after being stuck at "gemco" for a couple of days. I'll keep my eye out for the dreaded storage hold. Crossing my fingers. Have you had any further update msunny
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:35 AM   #192
toneil7163
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 5.0 M Sport

Quote:
I Ordered mine on 3/9. It's still scheduled for production.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #193
jimv03
Private
Rep

Mine was loaded on the truck this morning and should be at the dealer by Thursday. Thanks to Peter11 I can track it through United Road. Getting excited!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #194
rlou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e 2017 X3 2.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott18 View Post
Congratulations! I got mine Friday, and it's amazing. What options did you get?
Mine is going to be:

Arctic grey metallic
Black Vernasca leather w/contrast stitching
M sport pkg
Premium pkg
Parking asst pkg
Heated seats, wheel & armrests
Acoustic glass
h/k sound
remote engine start
hitch
spare tire

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #195
Scott18
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Mine is going to be:

Arctic grey metallic
Black Vernasca leather w/contrast stitching
M sport pkg
Premium pkg
Parking asst pkg
Heated seats, wheel & armrests
Acoustic glass
h/k sound
remote engine start
hitch
spare tire

nice - i got the same colors, same options except i didnt get the msport package, spare tire and acoustic glass, but i got laser lights, side shades. your gonna love it, sound system is great.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 02:00 AM   #196
msunny
Rep
Drives: 328i 2013 and X5 2019

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
2013 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Mine finally just arrived in Oxnard after being stuck at "gemco" for a couple of days. I'll keep my eye out for the dreaded storage hold. Crossing my fingers. Have you had any further update msunny
Today after 2 weeks, there was an update from Norfolk Southern: " Placed"
Also, i heard from the dealer that it will be about a week to the dealership
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #197
peter11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Today after 2 weeks, there was an update from Norfolk Southern: " Placed"
Also, i heard from the dealer that it will be about a week to the dealership
Glad to hear that it is finally moving for you. My status as of this morning was "interchange delivered". I believe this means that it has been handed off to Ventura County Railroad. I think it can ordinarily take a day or so before it gets moved the few miles down to BMW. That said, I suppose I could get stuck in the storage too. Crossing my fingers.

Your car should now be visible on the Oviss website. Did you create an account with them yet? If you click on the "current" tab you can see which cars are "pending pickup". I am not sure how long they take to show up there, but you should be able to see when the car is ready for United Road and when they have actually shipped it.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 12:08 PM   #198
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:

Hey there, I also purchased my BMW from BMW of Mountain View. Not a X5, but a X3 M40i.

I was advised my vehicle would reach Oxnard, CA VPC on the 3/18 or 19th, but no update as of now. Genius isn't really able to provide me an update aside from mentioning that there might be a "delay". I reached out to Norfolk Southern, but they advised they needed a "car number" in order for them to tell me anything. I told them I do have a bill of lading number, but that didn't really help.

It was interesting because they did mention getting a lot of calls from BMW customers inquiring about tracking trains for updates. I guess there is a storage hold/delay?

I placed my order 38 days ago as a FYI. In the BMW website it stills says, "At the port" which is clearly not updated.

Keep me posted on anything new from your side.

If you don't mind sharing, which number did you use to contact Norfolk Southern and what details did they need from you in order to tell you there is a "storage hold"

Thanks!
Appreciate 0