BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-26-2021, 03:00 PM   #1
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Widgett pages losing memory ?

Chaps,
Anyone having troubles with this ?. I can create a home page of the widgetts i want, and they can stay/stick for a certain amount of time, could be a day, could be an hour, but then they disappear, as if I Drive has lost its memory. Ive rebooted the I Drive, and updated Apps and services a couple of times, but it still persists , im on 07/2020.54, if anyone can help, before i go to dealers ?, thankyou.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 03:18 PM   #2
Spencer518
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e

Make sure you are logged in under the profile that you saved the widgets under. Each profile or guest has different widgets
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #3
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer518 View Post
Make sure you are logged in under the profile that you saved the widgets under. Each profile or guest has different widgets
Im sure i am, as there is only myself that drives the car, and only use one key etc. Im welcomed into the car with my profile, and my profile avatar is always at the top of the screen, when im saving the widgetts etc. Everything else is perfect, and the settings are saved, such as M 1 + M2 buttons, all seat settings, all favourite buttons etc etc, its just the home page widgetts that are giving me hassle , cant work it out .

Apologies, thought this was the M5 we were talking about, as i have same with both M5 and X5 with this problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 05:37 AM   #4
Carneylad
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 M50d, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer518 View Post
Im sure i am, as there is only myself that drives the car, and only use one key etc. Im welcomed into the car with my profile, and my profile avatar is always at the top of the screen, when im saving the widgetts etc. Everything else is perfect, and the settings are saved, such as M 1 + M2 buttons, all seat settings, all favourite buttons etc etc, its just the home page widgetts that are giving me hassle , cant work it out .

Apologies, thought this was the M5 we were talking about, as i have same with both M5 and X5 with this problem.
I've been having this issue for a while.

My car went slightly further and was almost a new setup each time I got into it. Changes the ambient lights and all.

Anyway, turned out that all I had to do to resolve it was to log out of the connected drive account in the car, then do the reset like you've done and then log back into your connected profile.

No idea why it worked. Can only assume something was lingering in the ram etc. Solved most of my issues.

Only extant issue is that my in car apps seem to need to re-download every so often meaning my seat doesn't auto heat in the cold for a while into the drive as the app that controls it is yet to download. Same with the auto window opener and drive recorder.
Appreciate 1
Simon H876.00
      05-28-2021, 06:10 AM   #5
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carneylad View Post

My car went slightly further and was almost a new setup each time I got into it. Changes the ambient lights and all.

Anyway, turned out that all I had to do to resolve it was to log out of the connected drive account in the car, then do the reset like you've done and then log back into your connected profile.

No idea why it worked. Can only assume something was lingering in the ram etc. Solved most of my issues.

Only extant issue is that my in car apps seem to need to re-download every so often meaning my seat doesn't auto heat in the cold for a while into the drive as the app that controls it is yet to download. Same with the auto window opener and drive recorder.
Thanks very much, will give this a try .
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 07:04 AM   #6
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:

Hi Mate,
Dont suppose you could run me through the procedure of logging out of the connected drive account in the car could you ?, or do you just men changing driver profile before I drive reboot, then switch back to own profile ?, gets a bit confusing, thanks very much .
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 08:11 AM   #7
Carneylad
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 M50d, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Quote:

Hi Mate,
Dont suppose you could run me through the procedure of logging out of the connected drive account in the car could you ?, or do you just men changing driver profile before I drive reboot, then switch back to own profile ?, gets a bit confusing, thanks very much .
Yeah no worries.

I went into the driver profiles bit an removed the profile.

Mean I was sure it was gone and then did the reset to make double sure.

Steps:
Tap your icon in the top left
Settings
Remove driver profile.

Once that happens, reset by holding down the volume knob and then log back in.

I guess you could leave it an hour or so after the reset if you wanted but mine sorted the issue pretty quick.

Let me know how you get on.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 11:41 AM   #8
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yeah no worries.

I went into the driver profiles bit an removed the profile.

Mean I was sure it was gone and then did the reset to make double sure.

Steps:
Tap your icon in the top left
Settings
Remove driver profile.

Once that happens, reset by holding down the volume knob and then log back in.

I guess you could leave it an hour or so after the reset if you wanted but mine sorted the issue pretty quick.

Let me know how you get on.
Thanks very much Matey,
Will give this a go too .
Appreciate 0