BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-01-2022, 11:01 AM   #1
ALScott
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 Had Z3 and 325i

New Xpel PPF and ceramic

Got the PPF on front bumper and I didn't know it covers everything but vertical slats in kidneys, headlights, mirrors and b-pillars which I probably didn't need. Detailer said with BMW pillars they can polish out scratches. Also, ceramic all over.
Name:  IMG_2612.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  1.52 MB

2022 X5 xdrive40i mineral white/ivory white
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
nice, but did you mean A pillars (the ones on either side of front windshield)? B pillars are between front and rear doors

i had to pay separate for headlights when I had mine installed last year
Appreciate 1
Jrg317022.00
      09-01-2022, 12:35 PM   #3
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Headlights, Mirrors Caps IMO are a must. They take the front end damage. If not the -wack- u may get if you're driving a bump someone with the mirror cap....The PPF on the headlights prevents rock lense wear.

The gloss black BC pillars IMO are a must. I'd call it painted aluminum. IMO, even with regular sealing, they need a good polishing every now and then. The film IMO mitigates the occasional polishing/sealing
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 12:02 PM   #4
ALScott
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
nice, but did you mean A pillars (the ones on either side of front windshield)? B pillars are between front and rear doors

i had to pay separate for headlights when I had mine installed last year
Nope, meant B-pillars as on LR and Ford that black plastic scratched horribly and there was no way to correct it. Only after having my guy put PPF on them did I discover they can be polished out on a BMW. Different/better material I guess.

Did pic show up?

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 03:41 PM   #5
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALScott View Post
Nope, meant B-pillars as on LR and Ford that black plastic scratched horribly and there was no way to correct it. Only after having my guy put PPF on them did I discover they can be polished out on a BMW. Different/better material I guess.

Did pic show up?
yes yes! i misunderstood. they can be polished because they're painted Jet black (668). mine are also ppf'd
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 05:03 PM   #6
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
Headlights, Mirrors Caps IMO are a must. They take the front end damage. If not the -wack- u may get if you're driving a bump someone with the mirror cap....The PPF on the headlights prevents rock lense wear.

The gloss black BC pillars IMO are a must. I'd call it painted aluminum. IMO, even with regular sealing, they need a good polishing every now and then. The film IMO mitigates the occasional polishing/sealing
I've had my mirror caps, headlights and all the gloss black door/window trim Gyeon PPF'd together with the full front end, wings and sills (rockers in the US?)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 09:31 AM   #7
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

that's a great looking G05. Due to the extreme weather elements where i live (desert) PPF i usually applied to front bumper, headlights, all of the front fenders and entire hood alongside with A pillar and 6 inches of the roof line. Also looks better so the PFF lines arent showing when it catches the dust.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 01:50 PM   #8
brizzology
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6 M Comp

That thing looks great!

What are folks' thoughts on "must haves" after picking up a new vehicle? My X6 is due to come in next week and I was thinking PPF (I live in a harsh desert) and ceramic tint, but anything else?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 12:45 PM   #9
ALScott
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzology View Post
That thing looks great!

What are folks' thoughts on "must haves" after picking up a new vehicle? My X6 is due to come in next week and I was thinking PPF (I live in a harsh desert) and ceramic tint, but anything else?
You might enjoy this. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ch2Rs...d=NmNmNjAwNzg=

Appreciate 1
      09-09-2022, 03:17 PM   #10
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzology View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALScott View Post
Thanks, that looks awesome. Will be doing PPF this week - unsure yet on ceramic over it.
i would recommend ceramic. go for the least expensive application then buy a top-up sealant that you can do yourself every 6 months or so. takes 15-20 minutes.
Appreciate 0