BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-14-2022, 05:24 AM   #155
ColC
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Im slightly happy it will hopefully be a 22 reg. Been counting the days that the dealer doesn't have an excuse to force me to take a 71 plate in Feb.

We ordered a mini around the same time and it arrived 3 weeks ago. I asked if they could register it a few weeks later, they told me some story of having to deliver the car within 10 days of them taking delivery. Seemed like a sales target more than anything. T's and Cs state 14 days, if later than 21 days, they can sell the car on to someone else.

Communication has been pretty abysmal. Coming upto 9 months now, the facelift X5 is probably 6 months away!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 06:16 AM   #156
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
October for me! I've taken too hounding them on Twitter! Lol.
I just got an update from BMW Genius as of 11th Feb, so my car still has the campaign against it but expected delivery has pushed to mid March from 8th of Feb so I guess I am near the back of the 2200 cars currently!

on the positive at least the car ain't lost!

Last edited by seeryb@; 02-14-2022 at 06:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 08:58 AM   #157
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeryb@ View Post
Quote:
October for me! I've taken too hounding them on Twitter! Lol.
I just got an update from BMW Genius as of 11th Feb, so my car still has the campaign against it but expected delivery has pushed to mid March from 8th of Feb so I guess I am near the back of the 2200 cars currently!

on the positive at least the car ain't lost!
I feel like mine is totally lost. It STILL has an estimated delivery date of Nov 2021!!! 🤬

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #158
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:

on the positive, at least the car ain't lost!
so maybe I was closer to the top after all looks like I am all clear now hopefully will get moving soon! funny BMW really have no insight after all just keep refreshing the recall tool !
Name:  Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 17.10.20.png
Views: 437
Size:  96.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 11:32 AM   #159
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

on the positive, at least the car ain't lost!
so maybe I was closer to the top after all looks like I am all clear now hopefully will get moving soon! funny BMW really have no insight after all just keep refreshing the recall tool !
Attachment 2812875
How do you search this?

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 11:57 AM   #160
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
How do you search this?
It’s on the BMW site under owners section ‘Recall Information’ see here probably something similar on UK site … just need to input your VIN

https://www.bmw.ie/en/topics/owners/bmw-recall.html
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 12:36 PM   #161
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMWX5 45e 2022, BMW330e 2023

Quote:
Attachment 2812875
That's good news. Hopefully it gets on a ship quickly now. I check mine daily as well but the enhancement codes are still open...
At least they seem to be working through them.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 01:21 PM   #162
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cannelloni View Post
That's good news. Hopefully, it gets on a ship quickly now. I check mine daily as well but the enhancement codes are still open...
At least they seem to be working through them.
Yeah, I was surprised as spoke to Dealer on Friday and was very vague (show they really are in the dark)...I pinged him this evening and he confirmed his system is updated also so the Stop Sale has been removed but the delivery has been pushed to about 3 - 4 weeks away so will be interesting to see does it move quicker than expected...

hopefully, yours will start moving now also! will keep you posted if I hear anything
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 03:47 AM   #163
ColC
Private
Rep

Genius has an update, Port of Exit 9610 before, and is now 9620 At sea.

Next status is Port of entry, So its looking like the March 6th is a little generous.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 04:08 AM   #164
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
Genius has an update, Port of Exit 9610 before, and is now 9620 At sea.

Next status is Port of entry, So it's looking like the March 6th is a little generous.
dealer sent me a screenshot this morning my status says 181 (I think dealer and BMW Genius use different codes)

181 Handover to shipping (at foreign plant: port of destination) / vehicle is in the central brokerage warehouse) [Handover to Distribution/Dispatched from factory, Waiting for Domestic Dispatch]

anyway I guess it's progressing my expected delivery 3 weeks out currently saying 10th March but hopefully move a bit quicker!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 04:15 AM   #165
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Good to see you guys are moving! A really hope I hear something soon!! As of yesterday I'm no different, though they've finally removed the estimated delivery of Nov 2021 and changed it to unconfirmed! Lol

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 04:55 AM   #166
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Good to see you guys are moving! A really hope I hear something soon!! As of yesterday, I'm no different, though they've finally removed the estimated delivery of Nov 2021 and changed it to unconfirmed! Lol
for what it's worth I didn't get HK Sound just the standard BMW Hi Fi as HK wasn't available when I ordered so I suspect there are different queues depending on what AMP module you are waiting.....

but things definitely seem to be moving just following the updates here on the thread...

I posted last week that my dealer had said to me some of the cars he is waiting on went to Hogenhaden (BMW Logistics Centre to take some of the work on) seems it's difficult to get updates on those ones as they have come out of the normal shipping system....but it's a guessing game really
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 05:10 AM   #167
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMWX5 45e 2022, BMW330e 2023

Quote:
dealer sent me a screenshot this morning my status says 181 (I think dealer and BMW Genius use different codes)

181 Handover to shipping (at foreign plant: port of destination) / vehicle is in the central brokerage warehouse) [Handover to Distribution/Dispatched from factory, Waiting for Domestic Dispatch]

anyway I guess it's progressing my expected delivery 3 weeks out currently saying 10th March but hopefully move a bit quicker!

I think what you will see imminently (hopefully) is that yours moves to 182 (With freight forwarder - Vehicle Loaded). I know (from screen shots dealer has also sent to me) that my car has also been at status 181 since early Jan even though the RAM is yet to be fitted.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 05:46 AM   #168
ColC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Good to see you guys are moving! A really hope I hear something soon!! As of yesterday I'm no different, though they've finally removed the estimated delivery of Nov 2021 and changed it to unconfirmed! Lol
Maybe the recall work is finally complete and they are just waiting on getting the car back into the flow of shipping logistics.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 06:02 AM   #169
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
Quote:
Maybe the recall work is finally complete and they are just waiting on getting the car back into the flow of shipping logistics.
I can only hope!

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 08:39 AM   #170
realgoggy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M-Sport & 2021 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShakes View Post
Latest update from my SA is that I too am affected by this Amp issue. He said that my car is confirmed as being at the docks in Germany ready to be shipped, the campaign to fit a new amp will take place on all the affected X5's at the dock itself then they will be shipped to Southampton. Ship takes approx 36 hours to get here then 2-5 days for the transporters to pick up and deliver the cars. Hope this helps you guys with figuring out your personal time lines

The dealership I'm buying from is in Southampton so I'm hoping my X5 will be nearer the 2 day mark rather than the 5 day mark but who knows lol

He is estimating the 3rd - 4th week in Jan for collection

Did you ever get your car? Mine has been in the docks in Bremerhaven since late January with no movement, also waiting for the AMP module.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 08:54 AM   #171
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, G05 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by realgoggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShakes View Post
Latest update from my SA is that I too am affected by this Amp issue. He said that my car is confirmed as being at the docks in Germany ready to be shipped, the campaign to fit a new amp will take place on all the affected X5's at the dock itself then they will be shipped to Southampton. Ship takes approx 36 hours to get here then 2-5 days for the transporters to pick up and deliver the cars. Hope this helps you guys with figuring out your personal time lines

The dealership I'm buying from is in Southampton so I'm hoping my X5 will be nearer the 2 day mark rather than the 5 day mark but who knows lol

He is estimating the 3rd - 4th week in Jan for collection

Did you ever get your car? Mine has been in the docks in Bremerhaven since late January with no movement, also waiting for the AMP module.
Still not got it yet nope. Had an update 5 days ago which I posted on here but not heard anything since. It has had the work done to it as it's showing clean on the "enhancement" checker now which it wasn't previous but no idea when it is due in the UK and not do BMW... I've told them I'm not collecting before 1st March if it arrives before then as I'm away end of Feb. All going well I told them I'll collect 7th March when I'm back in the UK.

Will be 9 months since I ordered it by the time it arrives, which, had I known when placing the order I certainly wouldn't have gone through with… it better be f***ing good!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 12:35 PM   #172
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Well well well, just had an email from BMW Customer Support after my Twitter trolling!

Apparently my car is in transit and estimated to arrive at my dealers on the 7th March!!!

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 04:25 PM   #173
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e MSport

Hello from a fellow UK browser on this forum. I have been keeping a very close eye at this thread.
I have ordered my X5 45e much later than most of you, late September 2021.
Would you all say from your experiences that the attached chat messages are just hopeful messages from the BMW online advisors??
My dealer has been giving me similar date of collection so far as well!
Really looking forward to you all posting your photos once you have managed to collect your X5s!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 05:23 PM   #174
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmsa View Post
Hello from a fellow UK browser on this forum. I have been keeping a very close eye at this thread.
Would you all say from your experiences that the attached chat messages are just hopeful messages from the BMW online advisors??
Really looking forward to you all posting your photos once you have managed to collect your X5s!
Should be reasonably accurate. Mine was on track before it's interception in Germany and the ensuing chaos. So proving your build is 100% complete and not needed if retro fit you should be +\- a week or two tops.

Appreciate 1
Drmsa43.00
      02-16-2022, 04:28 AM   #175
ColC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by realgoggy View Post
Mine arrived in Bremerhaven on 22nd Dec. Yesterday the online geni said it was 9620, on a ship (estimated del 6th March). Today its awaiting customs clearance 9641 (est delivery 24th Feb). I cant take delivery until the 2nd March anyways, as I'm away.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 04:31 AM   #176
ColC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmsa View Post
If your status code is 150, then it cant go backwards. They will have gathered all the parts for your car to enter the production line. Then its 4 to 6 weeks or so on ships to Germany then to the UK. I would have gotten mine before christmas if it werent for the recall and the amp.
Appreciate 1
Drmsa43.00