BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #1
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Exclamation UPDATE!!! SNES Classic Edition!!!

UPDATE: "Nintendo is bringing back the NES Classic

Nintendo has backtracked on its baffling decision to cancel the NES Classic Edition, announcing that it will see new shipments next summer. In addition, the upcoming Super NES Classic Edition has seen such high demand that Nintendo has decided to extend shipments into 2018. The company previously planned to stop selling it by the end of this year.

Nintendo has made vague promises of more stock for the SNES Classic after its predecessor proved to be near-impossible to find for many. But pre-orders for the new retro console have been equally difficult to secure ahead of release, and it seems Nintendo has finally seen all the evidence it needs to realize that yes, these products are things that a lot of people want to buy.

The SNES Classic has 21 Super Nintendo games, including the previously unreleased Star Fox 2. It’s set to go on sale September 29th for $79.99, assuming you can find one — Nintendo says there’ll be more SNES Classic available units on launch day than NES Classic units for the whole of last year."

PER: The Verge
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/12/1...ore-snes-stock

================================================== ======================

"Nintendo is making a miniature version of its Super Nintendo.

For $80, the new system, called the SNES Classic Edition, comes with 21 packaged Super Nintendo Entertainment System classics, including "Donkey Kong Country" and "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past."

The console has a September 29 release date, and it includes the best Mario game ever made: "Super Mario World." But what else is on there?

Here's the full list of games:
•Contra III: The Alien Wars
•Donkey Kong Country
•EarthBound
•Final Fantasy III
•F-Zero
•Kirby Super Star
•Kirby’s Dream Course
•The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
•Mega Man X
•Secret of Mana
•Star Fox
•Star Fox 2
•Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
•Super Castlevania IV
•Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
•Super Mario Kart
•Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
•Super Mario World
•Super Metroid
•Super Punch-Out!!
•Yoshi's Island

The console is officially named the Super NES Classic Edition — a shortened version of the console's name from 1991, when it was released as the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Unlike the original SNES console, the Classic Edition won't play cartridges. It's capable of powering only the 21 games included in the box.

The Super NES Classic Edition is much more akin to Nintendo's NES Classic Edition console that launched last year, and has since been discontinued, than the original SNES.

The NES Classic Edition was a miniaturized re-creation of the original Nintendo Entertainment System, albeit with built-in games rather than the ability to play cartridges. As a stand-in for being able to play all your old cartridge-based games, the console had a concept called "save states" — a virtual system for adding saves to all games on the console. In practice, this meant stopping wherever you want and picking back up right where you left off, which was impossible in many old games

The Super NES Classic Edition will assuredly replicate that functionality for its 21 games, though Nintendo hasn't confirmed as much yet. Here's what we do know: The Super NES Classic Edition comes with two (wired) controllers and an HDMI cable for the $80; it also comes packed with the 21 aforementioned games.

Perhaps the most amazing thing about this package is the inclusion of "Star Fox 2" — a game that was never released by Nintendo. It was actually completed back in the 1990s but was never released to the public for a variety of reasons. Its inclusion in the Super NES Classic Edition is both bizarre and delightful.

We'd suggest getting one while you can, lest Nintendo suddenly cease production the way it did with the NES Classic Edition."

Per:
http://www.businessinsider.com/ninte...edition-2017-6

================================================== =============================

Looks like Nintendo will make a SNES Classic Edition for this holiday season!

I hope this is not just a rumor. This will be the one to get for me since I grew up in that era...

Following the explosive success of the NES Classic Edition over the 2016 holiday season, Eurogamer reports that Nintendo is working on a miniature Super Nintendo console to have ready to launch by Christmas this year. The publication’s sources say that development of the new mini console is already underway.

It’s not a coincidence that this report comes on the heels of Nintendo’s worldwide discontinuation of the NES Classic Edition. According to Eurogamer’s sources, Nintendo had always planned to cease production of the mini NES after a limited run, partially because the company knew from the get go that it would move on to the SNES Classic Edition for the 2017 holiday season.

Had Nintendo known how massive of a hit the NES Classic Edition would become, the company might have produced and shipped more units. But the company seemed to believe it had enough stock to satisfy the market before moving on to the mini SNES in 2017. Clearly Nintendo was mistaken.

There’s no telling what games will be available for the SNES Classic Edition, but many of the most highly regarded video games in history came out on the second home console from Nintendo. Some of those classics include Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Super Mario Kart, Yoshi’s Island and Donkey Kong Country. And those are just the first-party games.

Unsurprisingly, Nintendo has yet to confirm or deny the report, but Eurogamer claims that the mini SNES will come pre-installed with a selection of games and have the same plug-and-play setup as the mini NES.

Per BGR:
http://bgr.com/2017/04/19/nintendo-m...se-date-rumor/

Last edited by mirob; 09-13-2017 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Why bother?
Attached Images

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
wntrsnowg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Why bother? Because it's official from Nintendo. Not everyone is into raspberry pi
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Wish they would actually sell a feasible amount of the console. The NES was a pain in the ass to find in stores, instantly sold online. I would buy it just to hang it up on the wall as a trophy honestly.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

E3 2017 hopes...here's the gist from the article...

"Since the end of the Classic NES Mini, there have been reports that a SNES Mini could be released.

Fans found an interesting Nintendo patent that appears to confirm the Japanese games giant’s plans to launch a new product in their mini console range.

The Japanese Super Famicom (SNES) controller has been spotted as a filed trademark, which arrived on December 5, 2016.

Does this mean for certain a new Nintendo Classic console is on its way? No but it certainly makes a good case for it.

Further proof appears to have surfaced from a rather unlikely source.

Microsoft’s E3 2017 Xbox survey has reportedly listed the SNES Classic Mini among already released consoles.

The questionnaire had several topic listed, including one question that asked which E3 2017 announcements they were most looking forward to.

This included a range of known consoles such as the Nintendo Switch, as well as the SNES Classic Mini.

It should be noted that this isn’t exactly confirmation of anything being announced at E3 2017, although other reported suggests something is brewing."

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainme...i-Skyrim-Zelda
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #6
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Looks like it's finally official!!!

"Nintendo is making a miniature version of its Super Nintendo.

For $80, the new system, called the SNES Classic Edition, comes with 21 packaged Super Nintendo Entertainment System classics, including "Donkey Kong Country" and "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past."

The console has a September 29 release date, and it includes the best Mario game ever made: "Super Mario World." But what else is on there?

Here's the full list of games:
•Contra III: The Alien Wars
•Donkey Kong Country
•EarthBound
•Final Fantasy III
•F-Zero
•Kirby Super Star
•Kirby’s Dream Course
•The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
•Mega Man X
•Secret of Mana
•Star Fox
•Star Fox 2
•Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
•Super Castlevania IV
•Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
•Super Mario Kart
•Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
•Super Mario World
•Super Metroid
•Super Punch-Out!!
•Yoshi's Island

The console is officially named the Super NES Classic Edition — a shortened version of the console's name from 1991, when it was released as the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Unlike the original SNES console, the Classic Edition won't play cartridges. It's capable of powering only the 21 games included in the box.

The Super NES Classic Edition is much more akin to Nintendo's NES Classic Edition console that launched last year, and has since been discontinued, than the original SNES.

The NES Classic Edition was a miniaturized re-creation of the original Nintendo Entertainment System, albeit with built-in games rather than the ability to play cartridges. As a stand-in for being able to play all your old cartridge-based games, the console had a concept called "save states" — a virtual system for adding saves to all games on the console. In practice, this meant stopping wherever you want and picking back up right where you left off, which was impossible in many old games

The Super NES Classic Edition will assuredly replicate that functionality for its 21 games, though Nintendo hasn't confirmed as much yet. Here's what we do know: The Super NES Classic Edition comes with two (wired) controllers and an HDMI cable for the $80; it also comes packed with the 21 aforementioned games.

Perhaps the most amazing thing about this package is the inclusion of "Star Fox 2" — a game that was never released by Nintendo. It was actually completed back in the 1990s but was never released to the public for a variety of reasons. Its inclusion in the Super NES Classic Edition is both bizarre and delightful.

We'd suggest getting one while you can, lest Nintendo suddenly cease production the way it did with the NES Classic Edition."

Per:
http://www.businessinsider.com/ninte...edition-2017-6
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #7
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Getting these around here is tough. The people who work retail end up buying them all up leaving very few for customers. This happened with the previous retro release. I really want one but I refuse to pay somebody $200 over MRSP to get my hands on one.
Appreciate 1
My335iTT204.00
      07-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #8
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrsnowg View Post
Why bother? Because it's official from Nintendo. Not everyone is into raspberry pi
lmao not a good enough reason

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #9
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
Getting these around here is tough. The people who work retail end up buying them all up leaving very few for customers. This happened with the previous retro release. I really want one but I refuse to pay somebody $200 over MRSP to get my hands on one.
Do u want to be a hipster and show off your fancy plastic "official nintendo" emulator or do u want to actually play retro games?

https://retropie.org.uk
everything for around $50-60 bucks and an hour's worth of setup.

You can even get a classic NES 3d printed case on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/case-Raspberr...+pi+3+nes+case

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #10
wntrsnowg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
lmao not a good enough reason
It was asked for A reason why people buy it, not a reason for you or me to buy it so move along troll. Shit, I wouldn't buy it either but I'm glad more people will get to enjoy retro games because of it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #11
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: "Nintendo is bringing back the NES Classic

Nintendo has backtracked on its baffling decision to cancel the NES Classic Edition, announcing that it will see new shipments next summer. In addition, the upcoming Super NES Classic Edition has seen such high demand that Nintendo has decided to extend shipments into 2018. The company previously planned to stop selling it by the end of this year.

Nintendo has made vague promises of more stock for the SNES Classic after its predecessor proved to be near-impossible to find for many. But pre-orders for the new retro console have been equally difficult to secure ahead of release, and it seems Nintendo has finally seen all the evidence it needs to realize that yes, these products are things that a lot of people want to buy.

The SNES Classic has 21 Super Nintendo games, including the previously unreleased Star Fox 2. It’s set to go on sale September 29th for $79.99, assuming you can find one — Nintendo says there’ll be more SNES Classic available units on launch day than NES Classic units for the whole of last year."

PER: The Verge
https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/12/1...ore-snes-stock
Appreciate 1
imserious412.00
      09-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #12
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrsnowg View Post
It was asked for A reason why people buy it, not a reason for you or me to buy it so move along troll. Shit, I wouldn't buy it either but I'm glad more people will get to enjoy retro games because of it.
I like this idea where every disagreeing opinion has to be a troll.

The emu guys have a pretty valid point. This isn't even a real SNES, it's a way after the fact tribute from what's effectively a different company at this point. An emulator is probably just as good as the smallified reproduction. If you want a real SNES, you can buy one from the original production run. I mean they made them for years!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 08:51 AM   #13
iconic
Rep
Drives: M3

Fun for a while? But seriously, how much replay value does the SNES have? They ain't making new games you know...
Appreciate 0