07-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #309
Selh05
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Here's both M Sport and X Line.. ..

Thanks Marty! Can always count on you to have an informative detailed response.
Any chance you or anyone would know if there is some sort of audit trail within the vehicles computer or under the VIN in the system to know if A vehicle has had there headlamps changed and either upgraded or downgraded from LED to Laser or vice versa?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #310
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selh05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Here's both M Sport and X Line.. ..

Thanks Marty! Can always count on you to have an informative detailed response.
Any chance you or anyone would know if there is some sort of audit trail within the vehicles computer or under the VIN in the system to know if A vehicle has had there headlamps changed and either upgraded or downgraded from LED to Laser or vice versa?
Umm not sure what you're asking. The vehicle maintains a database of vehicle and driving telematics but it's not intelligent enough to know if your headlights have been upgraded or downgraded. It will let you if you didn't wire or recode it correctly.

You can decode the VIN to see what type of headlights originally came in the vehicle.

Someone would be idiot to downgrade their Laserlight with adaptive LED headlights to just adaptive LED or spend thousands of dollars to upgrade vice versa.

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 08:18 PM   #311
Selh05
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Umm not sure what you're asking. The vehicle maintains a database of vehicle and driving telematics but it's not intelligent enough to know if your headlights have been upgraded or downgraded. It will let you if you didn't wire or recode it correctly.

You can decode the VIN to see what type of headlights originally came in the vehicle.

Someone would be idiot to downgrade their Laserlight with adaptive LED headlights to just adaptive LED or spend thousands of dollars to upgrade vice versa.
For example, if the vehicle was stolen and someone removed the laser lights and replaced the With standards I’m sure they would need to be coded for the proper headlights. Is there a way to tell if that has been done on a vehicle and if so when.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #312
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selh05 View Post
Quote:

For example, if the vehicle was stolen and someone removed the laser lights and replaced the With standards I'm sure they would need to be coded for the proper headlights. Is there a way to tell if that has been done on a vehicle and if so when.
First, if a vehicle was stolen for parts - not only are they're just gonna take the headlights, they're gonna break it down for parts. It's a crap ton of work to properly remove the headlight housing off of a new X5 without damaging the vehicle.

In your scenario if the vehicle was stolen and laser lights rep. with standard LEDs - you can visually tell the difference between standard LED and Laserlight with adaptive LED headlights. Standard LEDs only have operational outer light units (inner unit is a blank) and Laserlights have both operational inner and outer units.

Most or the majority of BMW parts have a QR code sticker or stamp with part/part serial number on them.

But no you can't tell if so when.

Did your vehicle get stolen or something?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #313
Selh05
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
First, if a vehicle was stolen for parts - not only are they're just gonna take the headlights, they're gonna break it down for parts. It's a crap ton of work to properly remove the headlight housing off of a new X5 without damaging the vehicle.

In your scenario if the vehicle was stolen and laser lights rep. with standard LEDs - you can visually tell the difference between standard LED and Laserlight with adaptive LED headlights. Standard LEDs only have operational outer light units (inner unit is a blank) and Laserlights have both operational inner and outer units.

Most or the majority of BMW parts have a QR code sticker or stamp with part/part serial number on them.

My car was transported to a dealership and then a body shop after being involved in a hit and run. Somewhere along the line my headlamps were swapped out from Laser to standard LED. Trying to track when it was done.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 11:31 AM   #314
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

Not to mention the most obvious visual indicator separating the two is the blue bar that goes through the Laser headlamp. You can pick out the laser lights from 30+ feet out just based on that.
Appreciate 1
MystroX56243.00
      05-26-2020, 11:13 PM   #315
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

EVERYBODY
I spent 2 hours reading every single post in this thread...

Where TF is the conclusion????????????????????????????????????????
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:14 PM   #316
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3 View Post
If you could do a video like this, that would be awesome! This one shows them working on a M850i with Laser Lights. Also, when was your build week?

Updates????

Thought you were gonna fight this til the end bro??
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:20 AM   #317
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinandwhat View Post
EVERYBODY
I spent 2 hours reading every single post in this thread...

Where TF is the conclusion????????????????????????????????????????
Perhaps the answer you're looking for is here:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1594891

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:47 AM   #318
Justinandwhat
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps the answer you're looking for is here:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1594891