United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanvos View Post
2019 X5 without seat AC option. While I understand that its summer at its peak, I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue as mine related to AC: I am unable to get it to cool for a comfortable setting. Even when I lower it down to 65 or something. And for some reason, my fan keeps blowing (with noticeable noise) even when its reached decent level (enough to stop engine at stop light). I like that the car is so quiet on the road, but the fan noise takes it all away. In my other vehicles (Camry and Lexus), the air blows without making any noise - and they are able to cool in a matter of minutes. Is there a setting that I have missed that's causing this issue.
This isn't the place to post your question but I might have an answer.

Goto the AC menu, then ensure the cool slider is on cool not neutral, this will help.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #332
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
hole in AC BOX allowing condensation water to leak into passenger floor.
Thanks, I scanned the earlier posts but apparently missed it. That pic you posted is still giving me nightmares I could never ever keep the car after that.
I find it hard to live with it also, however I have gotten allot of people telling me that this local BMW service center is very good. so we will see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #333
zanvos
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post

Goto the AC menu, then ensure the cool slider is on cool not neutral, this will help.
Appreciate the suggestion. I am new to this site. Please advise where should I post this in case your suggestion does not work. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #334
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanvos View Post
Quote:

Appreciate the suggestion. I am new to this site. Please advise where should I post this in case your suggestion does not work. Thanks.
Start your own thread, don't hijack someone else's post. A core forum (often unwritten) rule.
      07-20-2019, 11:15 AM   #335
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Sad to see all the issues but at least yours is in one piece, I'm not so lucky at the moment.
Update

Picked the car up on Wednesday, and it all looked very good. Everything was back in place and looked correct.

I took the car for a good drive and then some slow speed maneuvering over bumps and humps in the road to get the body to flex, no sounds at all everything looked perfect.

However once I got home I found 3 issues. Around the steering colum there were 4 impressions in the dash and on one side a cut in th dash :-( when I was cleaning the car out with compressed air a Nut came out from under the seat, so some where there is a stud missing it's nut. lol

The dealer told me to bring it back in and they will get the issues taken care of, honestly considering the amount of work and disassembly that was done I am pleased that these are the only issues and I know they will get it fixed up.

With all the post about horrible work I think my local dealer did a good job, and once told about the defects they wanted it back to take care of it, no arguments, no it was like that before, just bring it in and we will have it sorted. So I am happy.

Sorry to Hijack your thread Robot :-)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 11:24 AM   #336
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Current Status

AndroidRobot,
What's the current status of your remaining issues? Haven't seen this thread get updated in a while and I am following your dilemma and its outcome before I buy anything.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #337
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Start your own thread, don't hijack someone else's post. A core forum (often unwritten) rule.
Quote:
Update

Picked the car up on Wednesday, and it all looked very good. Everything was back in place and looked correct.

I took the car for a good drive and then some slow speed maneuvering over bumps and humps in the road to get the body to flex, no sounds at all everything looked perfect.

However once I got home I found 3 issues. Around the steering colum there were 4 impressions in the dash and on one side a cut in th dash :-( when I was cleaning the car out with compressed air a Nut came out from under the seat, so some where there is a stud missing it's nut. lol

The dealer told me to bring it back in and they will get the issues taken care of, honestly considering the amount of work and disassembly that was done I am pleased that these are the only issues and I know they will get it fixed up.

With all the post about horrible work I think my local dealer did a good job, and once told about the defects they wanted it back to take care of it, no arguments, no it was like that before, just bring it in and we will have it sorted. So I am happy.

Sorry to Hijack your thread Robot :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
AndroidRobot,
What's the current status of your remaining issues? Haven't seen this thread get updated in a while and I am following your dilemma and its outcome before I buy anything.
He's fine to share here, I don't mind.

None of my other issues have been fixed yet. My car took a piece of rebar to its front tire and has been sitting in my garage for about 5 days while I wait on a replacement set. I also bought a black grill to go with my other 2 black grills (IND Painted) & OEM Cerakoted.

I'm getting with another dealer, probably in the SA area to install the parts.

Last edited by AndroidRobot; 08-05-2019 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #338
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
None of my other issues have been fixed yet. My car took a piece of rebar to its front tire and has been sitting in my garage for about 5 days while I wait on a replacement set. I also bought a black grill to go with my other 2 black grills (IND Painted) & OEM Cerakoted.

I'm getting with another dealer, probably in the SA area to install the parts.
So to date, BMW and your dealer are done working on your car and with you, right? Thing is if you go to another dealer, its the same BMW you will have to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 06:23 PM   #339
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Update with more issues:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1643724
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 10:49 PM   #340
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

There is no words for this. Your 2019 X5 is less reliable and more dangerous than a 1970 Rover or Alfa Romeo...

Unfortunately I suspect that BMW’s belief that you manufacture your issues will just strengthen by this since it just doesn’t happen, ever.

And as long as you buy another BMW after this one BMW wins even if you win a lemon case or get a buy back.

-Hey look at this, we can treat our customers like garbage and give them total turd quality vehicles and they still continue to buy our cars. End of lesson learned.
Appreciate 1