BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #89
RyanAndrews
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Looks great bizfiend.

I am hoping to put my order in this week for an MSport, and I plan to add air suspension. I realize you have had it only a day but how do you like the air suspension so far? Do you feel like it is more comfortable than the standard msport suspension?

I am thinking you like it from your comment "It feels like driving on a cloud."
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #90
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Renting Corolla lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAndrews View Post
Looks great bizfiend.

I am hoping to put my order in this week for an MSport, and I plan to add air suspension. I realize you have had it only a day but how do you like the air suspension so far? Do you feel like it is more comfortable than the standard msport suspension?

Thanks
EDIT**
At city speeds you can only drive in middle and one click lower height and you can switch between them while driving.
Freeway speeds only allows you to drive in middle and one click lower height but does not allow you to switch heights.
I finally went on the freeway.

Thank you very much!

In the beginning when I watched a YouTube review showing the air suspension they only demonstrated in the rear how it lowers to access the trunk easier which I thought was useless for me. Afterwards I found out the ride height can be adjusted in any drive mode which was the deal breaker for me. Plus I'm a fan of a YouTube channel where he has a Lambo recently switched to air suspension, which made it a no brainer choice for me.

As far as the feeling of the ride, in comfort mode it's really smooth. Just like a luxury vehicle should feel like. Like a big limo.
Since I have air suspension, they told me the adaptive suspension button doesn't work.

But to me this isn't a race car so I don't need m adaptive suspension. I need a comfortable ride and the newest technology for this brand new facelift model. Plus the glass shifter because it's something that's always visible and one of the things in the car you always touch. And it's a new technology thingy, must have. Oh ya and laser lights, must have for me.

If your dealership has both suspensions to test drive I suggest you do so at least a few times on different occasions to really feel the difference at different speeds and turn angles to form your own opinion.

Of you're the type to enjoy lowering your car, air suspension is a really convenient choice imo so you wouldn't have to change to lowering springs. Saving time and money and possible installation problems.

Last edited by bizfiend; 12-05-2018 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #91
RyanAndrews
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Sounds like just what I am looking for on my next car. I am hoping to take one more test drive before I order.

Thanks, bizfiend
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #92
2019x5User
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizfiend View Post

As far as the feeling of the ride, in comfort mode it's really smooth. Just like a luxury vehicle should feel like. Like a big limo.
Since I have air suspension, they told me the adaptive suspension button doesn't work.

Is it true that adaptive mode is not applied to air suspension?
Also remember someone mentioned off-road setting is available via console as along as it has air suspension. Did you see that?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 02:52 PM   #93
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Looks great bizfiend.

Thanks
Thank you very much!

In the beginning when I watched a YouTube review showing the air suspension they only demonstrated in the rear how it lowers to access the trunk easier which I thought was useless for me. Afterwards I found out the ride height can be adjusted in any drive mode which was the deal breaker for me. Plus I'm a fan of a YouTube channel where he has a Lambo recently switched to air suspension, which made it a no brainer choice for me.

But to me this isn't a race car so I don't need m adaptive suspension. I need a comfortable ride and the newest technology for this brand new facelift model. Plus the glass shifter because it's something that's always visible and one of the things in the car you always touch. And it's a new technology thingy, must have. Oh ya and laser lights, must have for me.

If your dealership has both suspensions to test drive I suggest you do so at least a few times on different occasions to really feel the difference at different speeds and turn angles to form your own opinion.

Of you're the type to enjoy lowering your car, air suspension is a really convenient choice imo so you wouldn't have to change to lowering springs. Saving time and money and possible installation problems.
Biz, do you have any pics of it on the lowest setting? Would love to see it
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #94
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra0113 View Post
Biz, do you have any pics of it on the lowest setting? Would love to see it
Quote:
Just picked this up tonight.

Carbon Black
G05 40i M-sport 22" 742M wheels
Air Suspension showing lowest height setting and sky lounge colors with matte wood trim and glass shifter.
And a free key protector as a gift.
It feels like driving on a cloud.

The lowest height is in this set of pics.
Appreciate 1
jra0113427.00
      12-04-2018, 08:19 PM   #95
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019x5User View Post
Is it true that adaptive mode is not applied to air suspension?
Also remember someone mentioned off-road setting is available via console as along as it has air suspension. Did you see that?

Thanks
This is for Canadian models.

Actually after testing and driving it today the adaptive button does work when you're actually moving. When I tried it last night the engine was on but in park mode so the adaptive button didn't do anything or show anything on the display.

But when driving and you press the adaptive button it does tell you you're in adaptive mode in comfort mode and you press it again to turn it off.

I asked about the off road package and it's not included in my build. It is an option you add and I don't see settings in the options or setting on the display.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2018, 08:23 PM   #96
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

How are you liking the carbon black biz? It's probably just because it's the color I have but I can't imagine having a different color now.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #97
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Looks great bizfiend.

Thanks
EDIT*****
I finally went on the freeway.
At high speeds only middle height can be used.
At slower city speeds you can change from middle and one click lower height.

Sorry I was told ride height is usable in drive mode. And I thought all heights would be used for driving around which isn't the case.

I found out today through driving and switching it around.
The lever that adjusts height starts off in the middle which is stock height. And has two higher levels and two lower levels.
In park mode you can use all heights.

But driving at normal speeds you can only use middle and one click lower mode.

When driving at normal speeds you can change from middle height to one level lower and back to middle height. When you try to change to other heights while driving at normal speeds its not allowed.

If you start driving to a fast speed when you're in the highest or lowest mode, the height will adjust to middle mode automatically.

Max height is used at slow speeds for you to get over larger than usual bumps or logs or stuff like that.

Min height is used for passengers getting in and out of the car easier and easier to access the trunk.

And I found out the adaptive button does work.
I tested it last night while the engine was on in park mode and the button showed no response.
But while driving, adaptive mode can be turned on or off.

I don't regret getting air suspension even though it doesn't allow full speed driving at every height level.

It doesn't change the fact that it's a smooth ride.
And it's fun to change height levels at red lights.

It feels like a transformer.

Here are pics of the different heights.

This cup cooler almost turned the drink into ice.

These are the winters I got 20" GTSWHEELS G508

Oh ya, I'm joking about the cup cooler.

Last edited by bizfiend; 12-05-2018 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #98
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
How are you liking the carbon black biz? It's probably just because it's the color I have but I can't imagine having a different color now.
In the beginning for me I thought whatever the blue color was it would be the choice for me, and I had no idea what it looked like at that time. I thought it would be like estoril blue or something like that, so it would match my estoril blue M235i. But the first time I saw it was at the dealership and it was nothing I expected, phytonic blue on an X3. Completely made me feel underwhelmed.

Good thing they didn't have that blue with my options or else I might have gotten it instead of carbon black right at the beginning. This dealership didn't even have the G05 on display yet.

I went to another dealership that had a G05 in the showroom with the M-sport package with 22" 742m wheels, the carbon black that had a fresh wax job glistening under the bright lights it looked absolutely baus. I couldn't imagine being stuck with any other colour. The blue is dark and very sharp in bright light and almost stealth black at night. Carbon black is the perfect match for the aggressive front M bumper complimenting the large air holes on each side of the bumper that are black plastic so it blends in.

After deciding I wanted it practically fully loaded, at that time there were only two available in Canada that were carbon black on the train heading to port that the dealership in Vancouver had specd out for themselves. And I'm in Toronto and wanted it right away and didn't want to build a completely new car and have to wait two months. The only difference with these two is that one didn't have the glass shifter.

I left the dealership that night to think about it and called the next morning to find out one of them had been sold and only one left.
The one left was really the one I wanted, it had the glass shifter and I'm lucky it came with the sky lounge. I was so scared someone was gonna cop it before I did so I got it the very next day Oct 30, and I picked it up Dec 03.

Zero regrets. Perfect transaction.

The carbon black is even nicer with the M-sport package making the lining of the wheel well body color and the side gills black.

It's so nice I have to change the orange side markers and rear bumper markers to body color from IND.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 10:17 PM   #99
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Can't even make it a week
Did you get the thorn removed from your paw yet.
What is the procedure.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:09 AM   #100
M3GymNut
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3Comp

Looks awesome man, congrats.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #101
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
Looks awesome man, congrats.
Thanks man!
I love it!
Have a great day!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #102
M3GymNut
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3Comp

Quote:
Thanks man!
I love it!
Have a great day!
I was referring to the OP but hey yours looks good too!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #103
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Can't even make it a week
Did you get the thorn removed from your paw yet.
What is the procedure.
It's been at the dealer for 3 days should get it back today. Those tires are not just laying around all over the place yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 03:01 PM   #104
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It's been at the dealer for 3 days should get it back today. Those tires are not just laying around all over the place yet.
Damn, it's such an inconvenience going through this. Are they charging you anything for replacing the tire.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #105
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn, it's such an inconvenience going through this. Are they charging you anything for replacing the tire.
I cut a deal with them and signed up for the tire and wheel plan. Told them i would buy the plan if they knocked the price of a tire off the top and they agreed to it. I got the car back today.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #106
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I cut a deal with them and signed up for the tire and wheel plan. Told them i would buy the plan if they knocked the price of a tire off the top and they agreed to it. I got the car back today.
Would you have gotten charged for the new tire if you didn't sign up for the tire and rim protection.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #107
fakinit75
Private
Rep
Drives: jet black 2016 535i sport

Quote:
Quote:
With the tire discount, what did they charge you for the tire and wheel package?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #108
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
This cup cooler almost turned the drink into ice.

(snip)

Oh ya, I'm joking about the cup cooler.
Too bad, you actually got my hopes up there. I'm interested in how effective (or not) you actually find the cupholder heating and cooling functions.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #109
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakinit75 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
With the tire discount, what did they charge you for the tire and wheel package?
$1900
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #110
bizfiend
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Too bad, you actually got my hopes up there. I'm interested in how effective (or not) you actually find the cupholder heating and cooling functions.
I tried it again.
The cold is actually pretty cold to the touch if you stick your hand in and actually press against the bottom and side walls where the cup sits.

And when hot is turned on, to the touch it really is so hot that it would really hurt to keep your hands inside touching the side and bottom.

With this said, how effective the cooling and heating on your drink depends on the shape and thickness and material of your cup.
It is most effective when the inside wall and bottom are completely touched by the cup.

If your cup is insulated or a thermos it'll probably not penetrate the cup.

Still a pretty good novelty feature.

Last edited by bizfiend; 12-05-2018 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
Xeno315.00