ASS coding
Lader lights to Euro standards or
Laser lights from 300 to 600 meters
Bedazzled feature back on
Cornering lights back on
Position 2 brights with lasors in
He hasn't figured out the laser lights yet
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 08:23 AM   #179
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 M50D

had a random chat with my dealer last night about something un-related to my new car arriving and i asked him if UK orders were affected by the laser light issue.

surprise surprise, it took me to ask rather than him tell me... "yes your car is affected, but as its due in june, the issue should be resolved, but if not, we will let you know closer to time..."

he mentioned the demand for laser lights is unprecedented and something BMW did not factor in, he compared it to the 3rd row in the X5 when it first came out, they did not expect it to be so popular and the delay was huge on delivery with 3rd row seating...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 08:47 AM   #180
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSanj View Post
had a random chat with my dealer last night about something un-related to my new car arriving and i asked him if UK orders were affected by the laser light issue.

surprise surprise, it took me to ask rather than him tell me... "yes your car is affected, but as its due in june, the issue should be resolved, but if not, we will let you know closer to time..."

he mentioned the demand for laser lights is unprecedented and something BMW did not factor in, he compared it to the 3rd row in the X5 when it first came out, they did not expect it to be so popular and the delay was huge on delivery with 3rd row seating...
Same things with ZPK (parking assist package with 360 cameras) except they knew there was a high demand and failed to meet it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #181
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Same things with ZPK (parking assist package with 360 cameras) except they knew there was a high demand and failed to meet it anyway.
maybe i am missing a trick... supply and demand is not that hard a concept to get right... surely some decent customer surveys, understanding your market / your client base etc / historical procurement trends etc etc eliminates these embarrassments; yet BMW fail at this repeatedly..
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      03-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #182
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
maybe i am missing a trick... supply and demand is not that hard a concept to get right... surely some decent customer surveys, understanding your market / your client base etc / historical procurement trends etc etc eliminates these embarrassments; yet BMW fail at this repeatedly..
I agree, BMW doesn't. this was an issue when I tried ordering a G01 X3 M40i last year and settled for one off the lot. They're ordering guide stripped ZPK from the premium package at release after October because they new demand was too high and supply couldn't meet it. Keep in mind the ordering guide was published in July
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #183
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I agree, BMW doesn't. this was an issue when I tried ordering a G01 X3 M40i last year and settled for one off the lot. They're ordering guide stripped ZPK from the premium package at release after October because they new demand was too high and supply couldn't meet it. Keep in mind the ordering guide was published in July
sound business acumen in hind sight when you think about it!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #184
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
sound business acumen in hind sight when you think about it!
It's even more messed up because they've known about it for over a year now
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 10:39 AM   #185
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Just watching your order go through gave me anxiety. It’s a emotional rollercoaster at best.
BMW ordering for the X5 is complexed enough. So much so that dealers were missing important options for their own dealership. How many times has the packages been changed already? By the time you learn what a package includes, they modify it or raise the price for individual options. I have never seen a more complicated ordering system than BMW, and I am use to Porsche. BMW seems to naturally give the buyer that orders a extra state of anxiety waiting to see if they are actually gonna get the vehicle they ordered. IMO, this is a huge plus for buying off the lot so you can see everything you are getting. It will be awhile till dealers inventories get build up enough to get a proper selection.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #186
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Just watching your order go through gave me anxiety. It’s a emotional rollercoaster at best.
BMW ordering for the X5 is complexed enough. So much so that dealers were missing important options for their own dealership. How many times has the packages been changed already? By the time you learn what a package includes, they modify it or raise the price for individual options. I have never seen a more complicated ordering system than BMW, and I am use to Porsche. BMW seems to naturally give the buyer that orders a extra state of anxiety waiting to see if they are actually gonna get the vehicle they ordered. IMO, this is a huge plus for buying off the lot so you can see everything you are getting. It will be awhile till dealers inventories get build up enough to get a proper selection.
I tend to make things worse, it's in my nature. Yes, I didn't want to get my X3 off the lot but time was an issue since I had to replace my Audi. Hopefully, this all gets sorted out and maybe we will get full functionality in our laser lights
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 02:05 AM   #187
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
does that mean we can use the lasers as normal high beams???
Normally, HBA only works in automatic position. It can be coded to work with headlight switch in manual low beam mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 04:37 AM   #188
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Normally, HBA only works in automatic position. It can be coded to work with headlight switch in manual low beam mode.
I can't imagine a reason people wouldn't just always use AUTO mode for headlights. I'd rather just let my car do all my light work all the time. I haven't even thought about turning on or off lights for years. If there's a weird reason I need them on (construction zone, funeral), I just hit the fog light switch to turn them on while it's in auto
      03-09-2019, 06:15 AM   #189
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I can't imagine a reason people wouldn't just always use AUTO mode for headlights. I'd rather just let my car do all my light work all the time. I haven't even thought about turning on or off lights for years. If there's a weird reason I need them on (construction zone, funeral), I just hit the fog light switch to turn them on while it's in auto
I know not. Only reason I ever rotate switch is when testing development hardware during the day. Otherwise, I too leave switch in Auto.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      03-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #190
magbarn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 540i Msport

I used to not turn to auto with my previous bimmers that used hids which the ballasts don't like frequent cycling, but with leds now its no longer an issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #191
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Doesn't his mean laser lights can be coded to be the normal high beams? same with when you flash the high beams?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #192
TheIrishMan
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50d

My car was produced yesterday (M50d) with laser lights. Still in for April 26th delivery in BMW World.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #193
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishMan View Post
My car was produced yesterday (M50d) with laser lights. Still in for April 26th delivery in BMW World.
You're lucky at least yours will work as intended
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 08:05 PM   #194
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

So after waiting for 3 weeks, I canceled my original order that had 3rd row seating due to delay till May. Then made an exact same order minus the 3rd row, today I get noticed this order will possibly delayed by the shortage of laserlights.

I thought this problem is only in Canada, but it’s effecting orders in the states as well.

Can anyone else confirm this? This BS from BMW is getting old. Maybe it’s not meant to be, will probably cancel this order if dealership can’t come through.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #195
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
So after waiting for 3 weeks, I canceled my original order that had 3rd row seating due to delay till May. Then made an exact same order minus the 3rd row, today I get noticed this order will possibly delayed by the shortage of laserlights.

I thought this problem is only in Canada, but it’s effecting orders in the states as well.

Can anyone else confirm this? This BS from BMW is getting old. Maybe it’s not meant to be, will probably cancel this order if dealership can’t come through.

Ask your dealer to do a search - i bet you there are cars around you in stock at dealers that have similar options to what you want.
They can swap the car or you can travel and get it from that dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #196
jimv03
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post

Did they offer you a $1,000 credit?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 09:17 AM   #197
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Ask your dealer to do a search - i bet you there are cars around you in stock at dealers that have similar options to what you want.
They can swap the car or you can travel and get it from that dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimv03 View Post
Did they offer you a $1,000 credit?
TIlyam, there are 4 dealership around here and there isnt any builds close to our built. the ones they have is pretty standard and maybe 1 over the top built.
After speaking the the GM and BMW NA, they've reconfigured another order they have in queue (I now have two in production) to see which one comes through first. That's the best they're able to do, if both comes in later than a "reasonable" date, I will have the option to reject both orders. Expected production date will "possibly" be end of March into April. Anything later than that we will wait a few months for the 2020.

Jim, as of now, no credit, since the dates provided are unacceptable. Our argument was the original date promised to us (4 weeks) vs actual finish date (2+ months). We can accept a few week delay, but months is not, BMW NA and dealership agrees as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 04:23 AM   #198
Arfy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d

Laser lights

For anybody interested in laser lights

Pros
Best standards lights i have used
Distance is good
Side lighting is great when behind a car in auto mode as it spreads beam to the sides

Cons
Not good in auto mode on country roads- auto dip but when the other vehicle goes into a low part of road it assumes it has gone then hoes to full straight beam - other car comes out of dip them blinded - other car flashing high beam at me thinking i am a prick
Appreciate 1