Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Tour de France

Anyone else a fan?

A couple crashes today, three riders out including a favorite.
      07-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

I follow it every once in a while - I'm still shocked that Ivan Basso and Ulrich among others were disqualified from purported doping. Wow. That makes me raise an eyebrow towards Armstrong although he's innocent from current evidence - it actually just cast a huge black cloud over the sport in general similar to the MLB with steroids.
      07-04-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
diesel007
Not Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325I

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Dude they all dope. Not taking anything away from them because to even finish the Tour you have to be at the top of your game, but lets keep it real there is no way Armstrong won 7 tours in a row without a little fresh oxygen in the blood. What amazes me is how he went so long without getting caught, I am glad he retired.

Poor old Ulrich his career is OVER at least he has one win to retire with. Ivan will bounce back but like Miller will never completely get past this whole ordeal, it will always weigh on his mind and the minds of his teammates and fans.

Yeah getting back to this year wow, so much has already happened. I feel like many of the last few potential winners are sandbagging, once we get to the Alps things should really get exciting. Many no-name riders who have been racing in the Tour for years have a huge opportunity now and it's great.

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #4
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i

I've followed cycling for a long time. I rode in the first "ride for the roses" in Austin the spring before Armstrong's first Tour win. Here is a pic of my son with Armstrong. I still have the bike shirt he is wearing in the picture autographed by Armstrong and Indurain.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i

And here I am with my son with Miguel Indurain (Please ignore the goofy glasses known as BCG's, I was in the military then and had broken my civilian ones) My son was tired and ready to go home by then.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0