Drives: 2022 G05 M50i with DHP

Garage List
2022 BMW X5 M50i  [10.00]
2022 BMW X5 45e  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5 3.0D  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5 M50D  [8.66]
Question Xpel Ultimate PPF questions

Hello there,

I am expecting my new M50i to arrive next week and I am looking into installing Xpel Ultimate PPF. The car is Black Sapphire with shadowline trim.

My detailer gives me different options, depending on how much I want to spend and I will probably go with full front, hood, fenders, mirrors, A pillar and a side rocker panel. The rest will probably get ceramic coating G-technique Crystal Serum Ultra 10H.

I have a few questions if anyone has experience with Xpel Ultimate:

1. Does anyone have the rocker panel kit (I believe its wear and tear on Xpel's website) installed? Since it covers only a small portion on the bottom of the doors, I was wondering if it really shows where the PPF ends. The alternative would be to have the entire door covered with one big piece of PPF to have a flush install.

2. Has anyone used their interior kit? I got the carbon fiber trim and wonder if it worth it to cover it. Also the touch-screen display will be covered and the detailer claims its a mat finish that does not leave fingerprints? Any feedback on this?

3. Any general feedback on the Xpel Ultimate will be appreciated!

Thanks

References:
Xpel Ultimate https://www.xpel.com/paint-protectio...22/BMW/X5/M50i

G-technique Crystal Serum Ultra 10H https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGfZ...ature=youtu.be

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 06:41 PM   #2
Bavar-ian
Private First Class
Singapore
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

Have been an xpel ppf supporter for the past few years.

The matt screen ppf is fingerprint proof given the nature of its finish. However note that it reduces resolution slightly as per compared to gloss film.

I have done the bumper lights and entire side skirts + wear n tear package, i cut the bonnet tho.

As with everything else, recommended to change out the film every few years depending on the climate you have.

For us here, its about 3-4 yrs typically as its sunny thru-out the year.
Appreciate 1
sssmokie125.00