01-31-2019, 01:35 PM   #111
BMPHIL
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW lifer View Post
BMPHIL - read the earlier posts. One dealer is happily offering 11%
Oran PM'D me, his is a lease, I was looking for dealers offers.

Eaglesrest posted the 11% but doesn't say where from.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 02:38 PM   #112
nkajkmuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d xdrive

Pictures of mine, just before I dropped it for detailing. More to come once it is detailed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 05:28 PM   #113
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

So the beast is home, collected in the dark so no pics.

A random assortment of thoughts before a proper review in due course.

Engine
The 40i is plenty powerful, makes a nice growl when revving and is silly quiet otherwise. It feels quick and it is but also wafts along without effort. Very impressed.

M Sport Exhaust
Ahh so far the only disappointment, so far I cannot hear anything. No overruns, pops or gurgles. Maybe this will come after the wear in period but so far I cannot see it makes a jot of difference... Damn.

Pre-heat
To confirm, doesn't work in the UK. Balls balls balls. Can someone please work out how to get around this??

Interior
Ha! Wow. The piano black with black merino is just divine, especially with the leather dash. Especially at night and double when you add the sky lounge. What a great place to be! And the wrinkles? Almost nothing visible which shows its poor QC for some early builds.

3rd Row
It actually works. I'm 5 11 and the trick is to put the middle section down so you can crawl through the back and put one knee through. It's all electric, with back row sliding forward, back and tilting. Surely worth is just for this great feature?

Driver Aids
It works! Under 37mph complete hands off for a long time. Above that just a finger tip on the wheel. Tracks nicely between the lines.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2019, 05:52 PM   #114
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Good to hear. Cheerio, Guvna.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 05:55 PM   #115
BMPHIL
Major
Rep

Looking forward to a full review nocompromise, did you get chance to try the laser lights and do the curb lights work in UK. Understand your disappointment with no overruns, pops and gurgles, I have a GLC AMG43 and get plenty of them, great feature.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 02:16 AM   #116
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotX5 View Post
Was this from a broker?
Yes 1st Choice Leasing, they were offerring 15% for orders placed before the end of January
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 02:18 AM   #117
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
You can see my Artic Grey with 22s around Wycombe from tonight
Look forward to seeing it!! I bet it will be in the garage today, 2" snow in Farnham Common. Which wheels have you got?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 02:58 AM   #118
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep

Best I can do is the attached for now, horrendous at home, but she happily made her way up the 2/3 inches of snow with summer tyres on with no drama.

Wheels are the 742s and look stunning. Air + 22s = quiet, comfortable ride that is far better than X6 was, both in terms of absorbing the bumps and in handling at speed.

Curb lights = the "round the corner" lights or the welcome light things?
Not tried the former but the latter works nicely.

Laser lights - the adaptive lights generally are quicker and more responsive than the previous gen, they seem to avoid dazzling others much better. The lasers (I think) have a particularly bright area that shines in front of say 4m2 that just penetrates off into the distance. So it's not like the lasers come on and suddenly the sun has risen, but rather your viz down the road is about as far as you can see. There is a cool blue running light glow all the time, so spec them for sure.

After only 50 miles the simplest way I can put it is this is a Range Rover in terms of luxury, size (not necessarily good!) and presence, but has an engine and handles like a 5 series.

Fiddled around more with the third row - the way you can sift the 2nd row back, forward and tilt is really impressive on its own. Highly recommend this relatively cheap option (How is it the same as the leather dash???!?!?!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
sward631.50
      02-01-2019, 03:13 AM   #119
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep

PS. the folding tow bar is awesome. Will be getting a rear luggage carrier so you can actually make use of it as a meaningful 7 seater
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:20 AM   #120
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Best I can do is the attached for now, horrendous at home, but she happily made her way up the 2/3 inches of snow with summer tyres on with no drama.

Wheels are the 742s and look stunning. Air + 22s = quiet, comfortable ride that is far better than X6 was, both in terms of absorbing the bumps and in handling at speed.

Curb lights = the "round the corner" lights or the welcome light things?
Not tried the former but the latter works nicely.

Laser lights - the adaptive lights generally are quicker and more responsive than the previous gen, they seem to avoid dazzling others much better. The lasers (I think) have a particularly bright area that shines in front of say 4m2 that just penetrates off into the distance. So it's not like the lasers come on and suddenly the sun has risen, but rather your viz down the road is about as far as you can see. There is a cool blue running light glow all the time, so spec them for sure.

After only 50 miles the simplest way I can put it is this is a Range Rover in terms of luxury, size (not necessarily good!) and presence, but has an engine and handles like a 5 series.

Fiddled around more with the third row - the way you can sift the 2nd row back, forward and tilt is really impressive on its own. Highly recommend this relatively cheap option (How is it the same as the leather dash???!?!?!)
Looks fab, shame about the weather, looks like we are in for more snow this morning. Who supplied it and did they do you a decent deal?

I won't be moving out of Farnham Common today!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:30 AM   #121
BMW lifer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 40i 2019

Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Co View Post
That will be interesting to know as my 8 Series (same i Drive) arrived weeks ago having been built in Germany early Nov, but now it is delayed at BMW Thorne Delivery Centre waiting a major update for i Drive 7. Forecast late Jan for delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMPHIL View Post
Oran PM'D me, his is a lease, I was looking for dealers offers.

Eaglesrest posted the 11% but doesn't say where from.
PM'd you details
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:35 AM   #122
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
Looks fab, shame about the weather, looks like we are in for more snow this morning. Who supplied it and did they do you a decent deal?

I won't be moving out of Farnham Common today!!
BMW Park Lane, and yes, very good deal and cannot recommend them highly enough. The whole hand over experience makes you feel like royalty. PM me if you want names etc
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:56 AM   #123
BMPHIL
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW lifer View Post
PM'd you details
Thank you, have replied.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:59 AM   #124
BMPHIL
Major
Rep

Nocompromise, the "curb" lights that I am asking about are the ones that shine sideways when the steering wheel is turned at slow speed, helps when pulling onto a driveway etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 04:14 AM   #125
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMPHIL View Post
Nocompromise, the "curb" lights that I am asking about are the ones that shine sideways when the steering wheel is turned at slow speed, helps when pulling onto a driveway etc.
Understood, I'll check over the weekend. Generally the lights are incredibly active (maybe a little too much so), dancing around even more than the previous gen.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 05:36 AM   #126
nkajkmuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d xdrive

Quote:
So the beast is home, collected in the dark so no pics.

A random assortment of thoughts before a proper review in due course.

Engine
The 40i is plenty powerful, makes a nice growl when revving and is silly quiet otherwise. It feels quick and it is but also wafts along without effort. Very impressed.

M Sport Exhaust
Ahh so far the only disappointment, so far I cannot hear anything. No overruns, pops or gurgles. Maybe this will come after the wear in period but so far I cannot see it makes a jot of difference... Damn.

Pre-heat
To confirm, doesn't work in the UK. Balls balls balls. Can someone please work out how to get around this??

Interior
Ha! Wow. The piano black with black merino is just divine, especially with the leather dash. Especially at night and double when you add the sky lounge. What a great place to be! And the wrinkles? Almost nothing visible which shows its poor QC for some early builds.

3rd Row
It actually works. I'm 5 11 and the trick is to put the middle section down so you can crawl through the back and put one knee through. It's all electric, with back row sliding forward, back and tilting. Surely worth is just for this great feature?

Driver Aids
It works! Under 37mph complete hands off for a long time. Above that just a finger tip on the wheel. Tracks nicely between the lines.
Driver Aid: how long is long; handsfree under 37 mph? I did not find any noticeable difference between motorway and normal roads with respect to time with hands off the steering wheel. Now curious to know if something is not working on mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 06:00 AM   #127
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'll experiment but if I am looking at the road, it seems to last quite a long time. As soon as you look away/down, then only a few seconds. In all cases it just needs the lightest touch of the right thumb at 3 o'clock and it is happy.

Another comment is the auto-park. Gimmick on the X6 that rarely worked. This is a marvel to watch and hopefully will spare the rims...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 07:49 AM   #128
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5MC Marina Bay Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrob View Post
Just wondering if your happy with the car and if you’ve encountered any issues?

I have the exact same car as you for a 1st March delivery (can’t wait). It got delivered to the dealer yesterday.

Still not sure on the front grill, I’m waiting for you to hopefully post pictures when you’ve fitted your IND grill.

yes, very happy with it. no issues at all in terms of the drive or tech, i think its a fantastic overall package at a reasonable price. the driving experience is the best part for me - just the right amount of power, smooth engine, acceleration great in sport plus (actually i prefer sport "individual" with the transmission turned down from "sport plus" to "sport"). stylish looking car without being too show-off-ish, lots of dads at my kids school commented how nice it is - although i was slightly miffed when a dad turned up with a new rolls royce wraith, stealing my thunder somewhat!!

IND kit fitted and looks great - BMW dealer commented on the high quality of the finish, and that the parts were genuine BMW. i've changed my mind on the black roundels - they look great. the guy at the dealer liked the 'black edition' and wants to do the same to his 50D demonstrator! (IND - you owe me one!)
Attached Images

02-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #129
Dazrob
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 M SPORT 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155ND View Post
yes, very happy with it. no issues at all in terms of the drive or tech, i think its a fantastic overall package at a reasonable price. the driving experience is the best part for me - just the right amount of power, smooth engine, acceleration great in sport plus (actually i prefer sport "individual" with the transmission turned down from "sport plus" to "sport"). stylish looking car without being too show-off-ish, lots of dads at my kids school commented how nice it is - although i was slightly miffed when a dad turned up with a new rolls royce wraith, stealing my thunder somewhat!!

IND kit fitted and looks great - BMW dealer commented on the high quality of the finish, and that the parts were genuine BMW. i've changed my mind on the black roundels - they look great. the guy at the dealer liked the 'black edition' and wants to do the same to his 50D demonstrator! (IND - you owe me one!)
The car looks fantastic, love the grill. I will get one ordered. I went to have a look at my car at the dealer today. The colour is darker than I expected but it looks great. Pleased you have had no issues. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #130
BMPHIL
Major
Rep

Great looking car, enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 05:15 AM   #131
BMW lifer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 40i 2019

Just a quick Q to ask if any current UK owners have the "wrinkly rear seat" problem much discussed in the forum?

If so, does it bother you?

Have you asked your dealer to rectify and what was their response?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #132
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ok your Arctic doesn't look blue/purple at all...Must clean her properly over the weekend.

Love love love the black grill - really finishes off the look. You said the dealer installed it for you?
Appreciate 0