BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-27-2023, 09:03 AM   #23
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

JKM -

Have you tried rebooting iDrive. Like I said, I noticed this -conincentdally- after the most recent IOS update.

Yesterday, CarPlay Fine. Driving to and from a few destinations, just fine. Parked, 4th -start- of the day, came back to car, CarPlay would not connect. Reboot iDrive and all is well....

I don't think this is a iDrive issue, but moreso the latest build of IOS and iDrive together....but I am able to duplicate it with some certainty. May not get it to NOT connect immediate, but I am able to duplicate same/similar issues you describe. Reboot iDrive appears to fix it for now...
Appreciate 1
JKM13.50
      03-27-2023, 05:25 PM   #24
JKM
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F95, X3, F250 SuperDuty

So finally found out why it wasn’t working..:: SIRI!!!!!!!! Apparently Siri has to be activated for it to work. Not sure why but that was the issue. Turned Siri on and bam worked. Go figure! I appreciate everyone’s help. Hopefully this will help someone in the future because I was beside myself on this one.
Appreciate 2
nZtiZia4735.50
jphcbpa316.00
      03-27-2023, 07:09 PM   #25
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKM View Post
So finally found out why it wasn’t working..:: SIRI!!!!!!!! Apparently Siri has to be activated for it to work. Not sure why but that was the issue. Turned Siri on and bam worked. Go figure! I appreciate everyone’s help. Hopefully this will help someone in the future because I was beside myself on this one.
you disabled Siri? why, may I ask?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2023, 07:10 PM   #26
JKM
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F95, X3, F250 SuperDuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
you disabled Siri? why, may I ask?
I didn’t that’s the funny part. I don’t use it but never turned it off. This whole thing is very odd.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2023, 05:21 PM   #27
BLUEX5M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Just read the thread, Siri needs to be activated so that voice commands can work, withour siri you will not connect to carplay. FYI when using car play if you hold down the microphone button on your steering wheel you can give it voice commands.

Im no tech savy guy, I had the same issue and like you it drove me mad !
Appreciate 0