Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

04-10-2024, 07:32 PM   #23
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

I vote option 1.

In fact, I did just that 6 months ago on my pre LCI F95 and have no regrets whatsoever. This car to date, and I normally only keep a car 1-3 years, is my favorite car of all of the new cars (32) that I have purchased to date. Though my 87 Buick GNX was close, but it's a dinosaur when compared to the X5M.
I didn't feel like cutting a check for the full buyout of a used vehicle, so I used RefiJet (referred by BMWFS), for the buyout process. Smooth and easy process, competitive finance rate and they even took care of the DMV paperwork, which kept me from having to deal with the Calif DMV. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Good luck with whatever choice you decide to do. But remember, the pre LCI F95 is a fantastic vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 11:21 PM   #24
boi222
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3m competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
I vote option 1.

In fact, I did just that 6 months ago on my pre LCI F95 and have no regrets whatsoever. This car to date, and I normally only keep a car 1-3 years, is my favorite car of all of the new cars (32) that I have purchased to date. Though my 87 Buick GNX was close, but it's a dinosaur when compared to the X5M.
I didn't feel like cutting a check for the full buyout of a used vehicle, so I used RefiJet (referred by BMWFS), for the buyout process. Smooth and easy process, competitive finance rate and they even took care of the DMV paperwork, which kept me from having to deal with the Calif DMV. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Good luck with whatever choice you decide to do. But remember, the pre LCI F95 is a fantastic vehicle.
What rate did you get with RefiJet?
'12 M3 coupe
'09 335xi coupe
'07 328xi coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 03:53 AM   #25
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Though my 87 Buick GNX was close, but it's a dinosaur when compared to the X5M.
Still have it?
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 02:39 PM   #26
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

So this guy has the previous iteration and then bought a 24, might be worth a look.

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 03:59 PM   #27
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Stick with what you have LCI is a downgrade with idrive8/8.5, lack of rear seat folding from the back, rear comfort access, etc.

Cayenne is mediocre. Go drive it back to back and find out for yourself. CGT's aren't 179'able and are nuclear depreciation bombs
      04-11-2024, 07:04 PM   #28
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Cayenne is mediocre. Go drive it back to back and find out for yourself. CGT's aren't 179'able and are nuclear depreciation bombs
Buddy's $220,000 CGT was VERY underwhelming. It's low and I'm tall so ducking down to get into an SUV sucks. Interior is super basic, I think the merino on the F95 is much nicer/more supple (although I do need to get it cleaned or shampooed soon as I've never had it done). Instrument cluster is nicer for the tac, but the navigation screen is shit and not intuitive. I will say it is more comfortable for the taller ones among us. Not sure if that's just me or if it's really true. Carbon fiber roof was cool but totally unnecessary, although admittedly I rarely use my sunroof. I lease and use actual expense method so the 179 deduction isn't applicable, but not surprised the CGT is under the necessary GVWR. Every pound counts. Every time I get on the Porsche configurator, I can't even begin to price out a comparable Cayenne unless it's a base model with low options. Factor in the PFS MRM (which is probably high for a the CGT, but not so much for the other models. It's a time bomb. Good news with the Porsche, or so it seems, is they still have some manner of pull-ahead (I think), which BMW doesn't seem to offer anymore.

Basically a Cayenne would effectively function as second SUV (which I can't begin even reasonably justify). A 992 would make more "sense".
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 10:39 PM   #29
x622
Rep

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post
Buddy's $220,000 CGT was VERY underwhelming. It's low and I'm tall so ducking down to get into an SUV sucks. Interior is super basic, I think the merino on the F95 is much nicer/more supple (although I do need to get it cleaned or shampooed soon as I've never had it done). Instrument cluster is nicer for the tac, but the navigation screen is shit and not intuitive. I will say it is more comfortable for the taller ones among us. Not sure if that's just me or if it's really true. Carbon fiber roof was cool but totally unnecessary, although admittedly I rarely use my sunroof. I lease and use actual expense method so the 179 deduction isn't applicable, but not surprised the CGT is under the necessary GVWR. Every pound counts. Every time I get on the Porsche configurator, I can't even begin to price out a comparable Cayenne unless it's a base model with low options. Factor in the PFS MRM (which is probably high for a the CGT, but not so much for the other models. It's a time bomb. Good news with the Porsche, or so it seems, is they still have some manner of pull-ahead (I think), which BMW doesn't seem to offer anymore.

Basically a Cayenne would effectively function as second SUV (which I can't begin even reasonably justify). A 992 would make more "sense".

'23 CGT was over 6000 and the '24 is below. It's only sold in US markets. PFS + Porsche chandler finance guy decided to max out the points and handed me an offer for $4400 a month for the lease, which would be a writeoff yes but that's RR Ghost money. A Urus/Bentyaga etc are actually cheaper and it's the same FS company under VAG.

I balked at this and told them to pound sand. They offered me a 1 pay but still wanted to anally examine all my k1's and company structures. Told them to shove it, and keep it. Done with that dealer. Keep in mind this is with verified bank statements directly from the branch manager of the bank for my entity which has almost always had near 8 figures in it for the past 2 years, and me as a PG with a 820 score. Finance just wanted to play games, and that's why they can go shove it. Will just keep buying nice cars from Cali instead where they don't treat me like a fucking idiot.
      04-12-2024, 05:58 AM   #30
Falcon900
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M, M760, Alpina B7

At first, I wanted to order a new Cayenne S, but I could not get one and they have the chip issue with the stop sale on the Cayenne. It was going to take a long time to actually see a Cayenne S in my garage. I ordered the X5M and it was in my garage in about one month, not 6 months or a year later. So I got the X5M and I have no regrets, I love this car.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 12:54 PM   #31
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
'23 CGT was over 6000 and the '24 is below. It's only sold in US markets. PFS + Porsche chandler finance guy decided to max out the points and handed me an offer for $4400 a month for the lease, which would be a writeoff yes but that's RR Ghost money. A Urus/Bentyaga etc are actually cheaper and it's the same FS company under VAG.

I balked at this and told them to pound sand. They offered me a 1 pay but still wanted to anally examine all my k1's and company structures. Told them to shove it, and keep it. Done with that dealer. Keep in mind this is with verified bank statements directly from the branch manager of the bank for my entity which has almost always had near 8 figures in it for the past 2 years, and me as a PG with a 820 score. Finance just wanted to play games, and that's why they can go shove it. Will just keep buying nice cars from Cali instead where they don't treat me like a fucking idiot.
Yea you need a new P-Car dealer for sure. The folks we used out of central florida were great. Granted we weren't trying to buy a $4,400 a month car, but I find it hard to believe that there aren't similar buyers Porsche dealerships needing/wanting loans w/ monthly's topping $4K/mo (GT3's, GT3RS, Dakar etc.). Although, according to a lot of Rennlisters, all 911 buyers are quadrillionaires who literally pay with Goyard bags full of brand new, banded and serialized Euros. $4K is obscene, but not unheard of in higher end car brands. There are folks with $6K and $7K mortgages who pay that without blinking, if you don't have those kinds of expenses, $4K for a car...I mean, no need for a financial rectal exam to see if you can afford it.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:20 AM   #32
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC, 19 330I, 19 z06 vert

Quote:

Stop taking it so personally. They didn’t insult your first born relax. Every bank is different and if the finance guy asked you for this bs then he had no choice I guarantee it. I promise you his goal and their goal isn’t to piss you off and hurt a guy like you with your ego. Their goal is to sell you a car. Not insult you ego and have you walk. The only reason they would put you through that is because he had no choice. Believe me they have better things to do than ( play have with you) everyone has a job to do. Try to remember that. There’s other people on the planet aside from you.
Appreciate 2
xmanpro3122.50
Oldgixxer1923.00
      04-15-2024, 11:40 PM   #33
x622
Rep

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
Stop taking it so personally. They didn’t insult your first born relax. Every bank is different and if the finance guy asked you for this bs then he had no choice I guarantee it. I promise you his goal and their goal isn’t to piss you off and hurt a guy like you with your ego. Their goal is to sell you a car. Not insult you ego and have you walk. The only reason they would put you through that is because he had no choice. Believe me they have better things to do than ( play have with you) everyone has a job to do. Try to remember that. There’s other people on the planet aside from you.

I was disappointed by the finance manager's lack of effort, especially given my previous silly-optioned $283k 992 TTS that I paid off in 2 quarters. Their role is crucial in negotiating with underwriters and representing clients effectively. If you're a finance manager in a major US city booming with new-money millionaires and know your sales team can quickly move inventory, you might not prioritize a customer who scrutinizes lease terms or avoids ADMs and is only really after your REALLY in demand cars. You also probably won't bother to try and do anything for a deal, because what do you really gain? My best "quality" as a Porsche customer is that I'm not some other well-qualified scalper flipping these for a profit as soon as I order them, or just slinging the allocation. I'm a real car guy.

This being said, I have never had an experience like that one. I've had straightforward requests like financial statements to unreasonable ones—requiring exhaustive details on every entity I'm involved with, which I've never faced even for major business credit lines let alone the buying of more expensive cars. This likely points to an underwriter lacking experience, mechanically following procedures like a NPC.

All this being said I'm open for a new Pcar dealer.. Want to get a 2RS, but lord knows I'm probably SOL now unless I pay aforementioned scalper.. Only other thing that remotely intersected me is now EV -- the Cayman.

Last edited by x622; 04-16-2024 at 01:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 06:04 AM   #34
boi222
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3m competition

Quote:
I was disappointed by the finance manager's lack of effort, especially given my previous silly-optioned $283k 992 TTS that I paid off in 2 quarters. Their role is crucial in negotiating with underwriters and representing clients effectively. If you're a finance manager in a major US city booming with new-money millionaires and know your sales team can quickly move inventory, you might not prioritize a customer who scrutinizes lease terms or avoids ADMs and is only really after your REALLY in demand cars. You also probably won't bother to try and do anything for a deal, because what do you really gain? My best "quality" as a Porsche customer is that I'm not some other well-qualified scalper flipping these for a profit as soon as I order them, or just slinging the allocation. I'm a real car guy.

This being said, I have never had an experience like that one. I've had straightforward requests like financial statements to unreasonable ones—requiring exhaustive details on every entity I'm involved with, which I've never faced even for major business credit lines let alone the buying of more expensive cars. This likely points to an underwriter lacking experience, mechanically following procedures like a NPC.

All this being said I'm open for a new Pcar dealer.. Want to get a 2RS, but lord knows I'm probably SOL now unless I pay aforementioned scalper.. Only other thing that remotely intersected me is now EV — the Cayman.
Is buying a Porsche different from any other car? Isn’t it just a credit check and sign the dotted line? I never had anything more than automated credit check when buying a car.
'12 M3 coupe
'09 335xi coupe
'07 328xi coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 06:34 AM   #35
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

All this being said I'm open for a new Pcar dealer.. Want to get a 2RS, but lord knows I'm probably SOL now unless I pay aforementioned scalper.. Only other thing that remotely intersected me is now EV -- the Cayman.
The general sense of what you’re saying here makes sense in most situations. However in this situation I don’t think you’re really seeing it as it really is. Banks sometimes tighten up their lending practices and make it a bit tighter especially on large expensive cars. I don’t think it has anything to do with their lack of interest be it for or against. Car financing is a bit different from other forms of financing in the business world. Again I say you’re taking this very personally and you are mad because someone in your eyes didn’t pull out all the stops for you. Well did you ask if they left no stone unturned for you? Or perhaps why you needed to jump though so many hoops this time? Vs other times? Perhaps you came across as arrogant or pompous because your ego got bruised? In just guessing. But seriously with sugar you get honey on this world and no one wants to deal with male Karen with an attitude who thinks he better than everybody else. Just try to remember that. I’m just guessing here. But I think maybe the way you handled yourself in the transaction might have had something to do with it?
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer1923.00
      04-16-2024, 01:44 PM   #36
x622
Rep

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy2001 View Post
The general sense of what you’re saying here makes sense in most situations. However in this situation I don’t think you’re really seeing it as it really is. Banks sometimes tighten up their lending practices and make it a bit tighter especially on large expensive cars. I don’t think it has anything to do with their lack of interest be it for or against. Car financing is a bit different from other forms of financing in the business world. Again I say you’re taking this very personally and you are mad because someone in your eyes didn’t pull out all the stops for you. Well did you ask if they left no stone unturned for you? Or perhaps why you needed to jump though so many hoops this time? Vs other times? Perhaps you came across as arrogant or pompous because your ego got bruised? In just guessing. But seriously with sugar you get honey on this world and no one wants to deal with male Karen with an attitude who thinks he better than everybody else. Just try to remember that. I’m just guessing here. But I think maybe the way you handled yourself in the transaction might have had something to do with it?
It sounds like you're just taking the side of the dealer without understanding anything or having any experience in this. I'm done engaging.

boi222 Nah usually that's all it takes, if you're doing it under an entity you have to be a personal guarantor which takes into consideration your ability to repay should the entity you're doing it under folds. My entity has been around for 19 years and has a long history on Duns & Bradstreet (The "Experian" of businesses), and a spotless record with very strong 2 year statements, tax filings and 3rd party CPA audits. My personal credit is ~820, I've got under 10% debt : income, my credit report is spotless, utilization spotless, payment history spotless. I got approved for a Senna in 5 minutes, but not for this fancy ass cayenne SUV.
      04-16-2024, 02:02 PM   #37
Savoy2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It sounds like you're just taking the side of the dealer without understanding anything or having any experience in this. I'm done engaging.

boi222 Nah usually that's all it takes, if you're doing it under an entity you have to be a personal guarantor which takes into consideration your ability to repay should the entity you're doing it under folds. My entity has been around for 19 years and has a long history on Duns & Bradstreet (The "Experian" of businesses), and a spotless record with very strong 2 year statements, tax filings and 3rd party CPA audits. My personal credit is ~820, I've got under 10% debt : income, my credit report is spotless, utilization spotless, payment history spotless. I got approved for a Senna in 5 minutes, but not for this fancy ass cayenne SUV.
[QUOTE=x622;31077824]It sounds like you're just taking the side of the dealer without understanding anything or having any experience in this. I'm done engaging.

That’s fine you don’t have to engage any further but what I said stands. You are too busy being insulted instead of actually looking at the reasons why this might happen. In in the business so I have an understanding of this uniquely that you sir do not. You only know that you couldn’t get your way. Good day.
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer1923.00
      04-16-2024, 03:47 PM   #38
x622
Rep

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Savoy2001;31077886]
Quote:

That’s fine you don’t have to engage any further but what I said stands. You are too busy being insulted instead of actually looking at the reasons why this might happen. In in the business so I have an understanding of this uniquely that you sir do not. You only know that you couldn’t get your way. Good day.
I know EXACTLY why it "might happen", it's called laziness. I highlighted it my in my last reply. If you're really in the biz, you'd get why it's absurd.