Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 330E

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleNormaliai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrius483 View Post
As I said before(If you didnt read short post till the end, I will repeat) German CD team is still working on issues on their side regarding SIM card connectivity.

Thank you for your message.

We have contacted our colleagues in the department with your concern about the SIM Card and asked for a prioritized solution. You will receive feedback from us immediately as soon as we have the information you need is available.

can you show photo with your ATM details from ISTA? like mine in a quote.
| MGU Patching/Virginizing | ConnectedDrive activation for US cars in EU (Only MGU/ATM2) | Feature Installer codes | Map Updates | CarPlay activations. | NBT EVO GPS Connector installs. | NBT EVO repairs | Remote BMW Coding |

Last edited by RuleNormaliai; 01-23-2023 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 05:44 AM   #222
OneAnOnlyOC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X1 xDrive28i

'23 X1 owner here, sorry, X5 is too much for me at this time! LOL

Anyways, I'm in a similar situation with my new X1 and I am stationed in Italy, near Naples. The car was bought from an Italian dealer and went through customs but unfortunately it has ZERO of the BMW Apps and lacks Apple CarPlay activation.

I've been reading through this forum about the same problem I'm having and I keep seeing to contact BMW DE, would that be the same for myself in Italy or is there a specific BMW IT? Or would I be somewhat successful by contacting BMW DE?

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 09:44 AM   #223
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 330E

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAnOnlyOC View Post
'23 X1 owner here, sorry, X5 is too much for me at this time! LOL

Anyways, I'm in a similar situation with my new X1 and I am stationed in Italy, near Naples. The car was bought from an Italian dealer and went through customs but unfortunately it has ZERO of the BMW Apps and lacks Apple CarPlay activation.

I've been reading through this forum about the same problem I'm having and I keep seeing to contact BMW DE, would that be the same for myself in Italy or is there a specific BMW IT? Or would I be somewhat successful by contacting BMW DE?

Thank you in advance!
why wouldn't you contact your local dealer if you bought it there? usualy dealers do not sell US imported cars, so probably that's a totally different situation.
is your car imported from USA?
which multimedia system does it have?
| MGU Patching/Virginizing | ConnectedDrive activation for US cars in EU (Only MGU/ATM2) | Feature Installer codes | Map Updates | CarPlay activations. | NBT EVO GPS Connector installs. | NBT EVO repairs | Remote BMW Coding |
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 11:11 AM   #224
arRod1981
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
why wouldn't you contact your local dealer if you bought it there? usualy dealers do not sell US imported cars, so probably that's a totally different situation.
is your car imported from USA?
which multimedia system does it have?
U.S. Military stationed overseas are able to buy American spec vehicles through something called Military Car Sales or something along those lines. Some of these are in actual dealership selling that specific brand, and others are in standalone businesses selling multiple different manufacturers.

I believe the X1 is only made in Germany right now, and him having a MY23 means it is the new U11 series with iDrive 8.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 06:34 AM   #225
OneAnOnlyOC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Correct, X1's are being built in Germany, so this one has never been to the U.S. but has gone through the customs process and turned into a U.S. spec vehicle.

It is a U11 with iDrive 8.

Italian dealers do not worry themselves with the details of the vehicle, just the $$$. Hell, just to have the local BMW shop look at my vehicle I have to make an appointment with them to discuss making a future appointment for service. They have to verify that I in fact own the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 10:59 AM   #226
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 PHEV

Quote:
Correct, X1's are being built in Germany, so this one has never been to the U.S. but has gone through the customs process and turned into a U.S. spec vehicle.

It is a U11 with iDrive 8.

Italian dealers do not worry themselves with the details of the vehicle, just the $$$. Hell, just to have the local BMW shop look at my vehicle I have to make an appointment with them to discuss making a future appointment for service. They have to verify that I in fact own the car.
Interesting. How long it will take (if success) to make CD working on new car, going normal way...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 04:52 PM   #227
OneAnOnlyOC
Enlisted Member
Rep

I just got my CD squared away with BMWNA and got Apple CarPlay and all BMW apps working now! Success!!!

As for if I’d have gone through Italian dealer channels…likely months and then just giving up.

It seems BMW learned their lesson previously because when I tried doing this with my 2022 it was not possible they said, but this time they have the eSIM in roaming so it’s easier. 👍
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 11:28 PM   #228
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I just got my CD squared away with BMWNA and got Apple CarPlay and all BMW apps working now! Success!!!

As for if I’d have gone through Italian dealer channels…likely months and then just giving up.

It seems BMW learned their lesson previously because when I tried doing this with my 2022 it was not possible they said, but this time they have the eSIM in roaming so it’s easier. 👍
If can can be so kind to post MGU-HU fdl coding from you car - this will help us to learn little more about settings and how to solve problems not working CD for others.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 11:58 PM   #229
OneAnOnlyOC
Enlisted Member
Rep

I sure can but have no clue how to find that. If someone can be so kind to give me some instructions I can take pics of whatever is needed.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 12:29 PM   #230
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I sure can but have no clue how to find that. If someone can be so kind to give me some instructions I can take pics of whatever is needed.
You need ESYS. PC + adapter. If you don't have experience - it will be very difficult do this by pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 05:02 PM   #231
tokolossi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

This thread is a great source, thanks. Anyone brought their X5 from Canada to Germany and needed to do all modifications like head & tail lights and fog light switch? I also heard about a communication module which needs to get replaced and/or radio for European frequencies?
I'm not importing it as a member of military so get no excemption for any European requirements I guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 10:36 PM   #232
dynebolik
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CX

So, I went through the whole process of contacting BMW NA Connected Drive services, and had my vehicle added to my CD account. Taking the advice in this thread, I drove across the border to France and viola! The apps started downloading and everything was working as intended (live news, traffic, remote camera, remote lock/unlock, everything).

However, once I drove back across the border to Germany, everything stopped working. The apps are there, but the apps like weather and news, and live traffic don't work anymore.

Here's the kicker, I took another day trip to France and everything was working again! I'm back in Germany and now I have the (connection?) problems as before.

Has anyone experienced this or know what the cause may be?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 12:46 AM   #233
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynebolik View Post
So, I went through the whole process of contacting BMW NA Connected Drive services, and had my vehicle added to my CD account. Taking the advice in this thread, I drove across the border to France and viola! The apps started downloading and everything was working as intended (live news, traffic, remote camera, remote lock/unlock, everything).

However, once I drove back across the border to Germany, everything stopped working. The apps are there, but the apps like weather and news, and live traffic don't work anymore.

Here's the kicker, I took another day trip to France and everything was working again! I'm back in Germany and now I have the (connection?) problems as before.

Has anyone experienced this or know what the cause may be?
It should work in Germany same like in France.
May be if you chnange MGU settings by ESYS - it will be stable also in Germany.
If you have ESYS+ adapter and need info - PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 03:38 PM   #234
tomthomas
Rep
Drives: bmw 5 series

It's free to register with ConnectedDrive for all eligible BMW cars equipped with the software. It's standard on most BMW models for three years.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 11:25 AM   #235
Mjbmw1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

I had the same issue in Germany with Roaming. It is allowed but not for everything. Moved to Italy and everything works all the time. I told others about how I did it. They is no need for German Connected Drive only USA connected drive. This will allow the vehicle to roam.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2023, 12:50 AM   #236
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Quote:
can you show photo with your ATM details from ISTA? like mine in a quote.
Yeah
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 03:34 AM   #237
Greg876
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
2022 bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah
Did you find a solution?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 09:16 AM   #238
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg876 View Post
Did you find a solution?
Not yet, german Connected Drive support team is very slow, they are now researching If my vehicle compatible with European network.

"We forwarded your request regarding the affiliation of your BMW to the European market directly to the responsible colleagues in the department. Since the research is very extensive, it will take some time to process it.

We have informed our colleagues that the answer is still open and will of course inform you as soon as we have the result"
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 09:38 AM   #239
Greg876
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
2022 bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Not yet, german Connected Drive support team is very slow, they are now researching If my vehicle compatible with European network.

"We forwarded your request regarding the affiliation of your BMW to the European market directly to the responsible colleagues in the department. Since the research is very extensive, it will take some time to process it.

We have informed our colleagues that the answer is still open and will of course inform you as soon as we have the result"
I have a US Spec x6 in Germany and I have the same issues. When I drive to France or Italy everything works perfect. But the moment cross the border back into Germany life traffic updates and some of the remote services stop working.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 01:35 AM   #240
Akh000
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg876 View Post
I have a US Spec x6 in Germany and I have the same issues. When I drive to France or Italy everything works perfect. But the moment cross the border back into Germany life traffic updates and some of the remote services stop working.
Look like roaming problem of ATM.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 09:56 AM   #241
quadlt
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e

Quote:
For F series USA ATM will not work in any way, because there are differences in hardware US ATM uses 3G, EU ATM use LTE technologies, you will have to change the hardware itself, but you'll find problem to get EU ATM module for your US car in Europe, as if you will order new from dealer you will get the same US version, dealer will not offer you ECE version of ATM for your US car, also used EU ATM will not do the work.

Roaming is only working on ATM2 which is only supplied in G series cars with MGU multimedia system, but as Lithuania is not in Roaming countries list, it will still not work in here.

I have roaming activated in my G20 ATM2, so will try to drive to Poland to see if it will work there.
Hi. I have a G20 330E in LT as well. What exact document copies did you send with email? Translated Regitra registration and what else? Do they need the title from USA?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 10:06 AM   #242
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadlt View Post
Hi. I have a G20 330E in LT as well. What exact document copies did you send with email? Translated Regitra registration and what else? Do they need the title from USA?

Many thanks
Hey, CD wont work in Lithuania, It will work only in countries like Poland, Germany, France and etc. If you want that, writte an email to US CD support to activate roaming.
Appreciate 0