04-16-2021, 12:56 PM   #1
Etcon3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X6M

Le Mans Blue X6M Comp waiting game.....

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey all, Selling the 2015 m4 today actually and waiting on the X6m to arrive.

Dealer put the order in about a month ago and i put a $2,500 down payment to secure it 2 weeks ago. Just wondering what's everyones wait time? On MyBmw.com app i put in the Production number and it shows it's Received and nothing else yet. Is it updated everyday or could it be behind a little?

Also, found a buyer for my m4 with 100k miles for 28k, Carmax offered me 24k and i thought i could do better so i found someone and now i have to get rid of it without another car for at least a month, stupid me haha.

Has anyone rented a car for a month and managed to do it fairly cheap? I haven't looked all the way into it but i think Budget car rental can do something for 10 bucks a day. I have buddies around Scottsdale but i feel bad asking for a car that long. My girlfriend is home in CA working so i cant use hers either.

Anyway, Ill keep you guys updated and send pics when it arrives!

Le Mans Blue Individual color with Silverstone Interior, Cant wait!!!!!

Cheers, Eric
Appreciate 2
      04-16-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

congrats. beautiful color, i think it is close to TBII but more blue
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

I mean its an X6M no need for pictures..........

sorry sorry can't help myself its such an easy target. But congrats!
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
Really_fat_ninja
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Congrats man. That’s going to be an amazing color
      04-16-2021, 07:52 PM   #5
Etcon3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
I mean its an X6M no need for pictures..........

sorry sorry can't help myself its such an easy target. But congrats!
Haha, its funny, I wanted the x5m at first thinking the x6m looked like a mom car, then when I saw it in person, it felt more sporty so I went with it. My girlfriend loved the x6m so it kinda sold me!
Appreciate 1
Tenac4504.50
      04-16-2021, 09:15 PM   #6
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Sweet. Bmw makes the best blues. Lemans was one of my favorite colors back in my e46 days...

I am surprised with Marina Bay Blue as an option you actually went for an up-charged Lemans Blue color.

Alan
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 09:53 PM   #7
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etcon3 View Post
Just wondering what's everyones wait time? On MyBmw.com app i put in the Production number and it shows it's Received and nothing else yet. Is it updated everyday or could it be behind a little?

Cheers, Eric
So our X5MC order was placed on December 29th, 2020 and it was at our dealer (in Atlanta) around the end of February. I'd have to go back and specifically verify the exact dates, but figure 6-8 weeks depending on whether your dealer has an allocation, where you're located (shipping times etc.) and how long it takes the factory and/or dealer to perform their black magic.

I found the website moved pretty fast after a couple of weeks and I went from in production to waiting for carrier assignment in a matter of days. It's a waiting game in the beginning but once you get in the queue it's fairly quick. Not sure how the LMB (I'm assuming it's BMW Individual) will add to you time frame so YMMV. One thing that did help once I got into the queue was calling BMW Genius, but even they were off by a few days (in a good way), although this may have been due to my dealer being only about an hour from Spartanburg. Hope this helps! Post pics because I'm looking to potentially getting Mrs. Malibu an X6MC. Also, would you mind sharing your deal?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:40 PM   #8
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

my favorite blue.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 12:12 AM   #9
Damsph
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X05  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etcon3 View Post

Has anyone rented a car for a month and managed to do it fairly cheap? I haven't looked all the way into it but i think Budget car rental can do something for 10 bucks a day. I have buddies around Scottsdale but i feel bad asking for a car that long. My girlfriend is home in CA working so i cant use hers either.

I have an X5 on order and I couldn't find a cheap rental rate. There is such a shortage of rentals. So many companies sold off their inventory last year with COVID. I am borrowing a vehicle. One thing to note, I'm with State Farm and I asked them if I rented a car if I needed to buy the insurance. On my policy I could only rent for 21 days at a time and I'm capped at 45 days a year. So I would have to turn the vehicle in and then rent one the next day.

Congrats on the purchase,

David
Appreciate 0