BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-05-2024, 04:13 PM   #1
Popnlock247
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 330xe and X5e

Default drive mode resetting

Hi all. 22 X5 PHEV here.

I set Electric Individual as default mode, but every time the car turns off ot resets back to Hybrid as default. This briefly got resolved when an OTA software upgrade came through, but now even resetting the head unit by long-pressing the volume knob isn't working. Dealership gaslighted me today and said it is normal. However, I know for a fact it is not. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 05:03 PM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popnlock247 View Post
Hi all. 22 X5 PHEV here.

I set Electric Individual as default mode, but every time the car turns off ot resets back to Hybrid as default. This briefly got resolved when an OTA software upgrade came through, but now even resetting the head unit by long-pressing the volume knob isn't working. Dealership gaslighted me today and said it is normal. However, I know for a fact it is not. Any thoughts? Thanks!
there’s already a thread about this that started in early 2020. may want to catch up first. BTW searching is your friend to find answers to questions already asked and other issues:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1725274

it is “normal” in the sense BMW doesn’t see a problem with the vehicle doing this even though it was recognized four years ago. personally, I’ve never found that any software update addressed or fixed it (I’ve gone through seven versions since Dec 2020).

mine actually starts in Electric Individual almost all the time, and I contribute it not to any software version but to setting the suspension to LOAD level before exiting the vehicle which was an ‘observation by convenience’ as we’re a short family lol. even now with software version 11/2023.50 if I leave the suspension at Normal or Sport level, the vehicle will start in Hybrid mode despite setting the default to Electric Individual.

NOTE THIS DISTINCTION: to this day, i still notice at times Hybrid mode will flash on the instrument cluster right as the vehicle shuts off even though I was driving in Electric Individual mode, but this in no way indicates the vehicle actually switched to Hybrid mode. how do I know this? if I were to start my vehicle immediatelyafter seeing this, it’s in Electric Individual as programmed. again, in my case, the consistency of starting in Electric Individual depends on setting the suspension to LOAD level prior to exiting.

MY21 45e 27k miles
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 07:22 AM   #3
Popnlock247
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 330xe and X5e

Thank you! I hadn't found that thread when I searched.
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4674.00